It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Panicking Mitch McConnell Says GOP Will Help Hillary Beat Trump If He Wins The Nomination

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 06:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: tweetie

People are always "fed up with" government.

Not like current times. I'm old enough to see a huge increase in "fed-uppedness."

Ahh. Jingoism. I learned a new word today and it's still early.

Webster's

I don't see how that applies.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

And what will they do if Hillary is indicted in regards to her e-mails?

Will they vote for Sanders? Or will everyone bring in a third candidate?

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: tweetie

People are always "fed up with" government.

Not like current times. I'm old enough to see a huge increase in "fed-uppedness."

Ahh. Jingoism. I learned a new word today and it's still early.

Webster's

I don't see how that applies.

I'm 50. Hating (being afraid of) the government is nothing new. Read Jefferson, Patrick Henry, etc.

You don't see how "the feelings and beliefs of people who think that their country is always right and who are in favor of aggressive acts against other countries" applies to the Trump message?

I'm not sure what to say to you in response.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: tinymind

And what will they do if Hillary is indicted in regards to her e-mails?

Will they vote for Sanders? Or will everyone bring in a third candidate?

From what I've gathered, the Republican power elite will be doing what I've done for the last nearly 30 years: they will be voting against someone, not for someone.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   

If you applied the word jingoism to the FBI, the CIA, the NSA, the DoD and other such agencies I could agree. I've never had that impression about Trump so you are perceiving something I am not.

We seem to be in similar times as when Jefferson and Henry were alive. Deja vu.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   

If you applied the word jingoism to the FBI, the CIA, the NSA, the DoD and other such agencies I could agree. I've never had that impression about Trump so you are perceiving something I am not.

We seem to be in similar times as when Jefferson and Henry were alive. Deja vu.

Good heavens. I'm not sure what to think anymore.

Actually, I am certain. I will remain the same American leftist that loves our Constitution I always have been.

This insanity will end. All insanities do.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: tweetieI may not even like some of what he would do if he became President but I feel confident in stating he won't sell this country out and he won't try to further destroy it from within.

tweetie, I'm just curious....

1) What are things Trump would do, that you would not like?

2) How does someone sell out this country?

3) How does one destroy our country from within?

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: desert

originally posted by: tweetieI may not even like some of what he would do if he became President but I feel confident in stating he won't sell this country out and he won't try to further destroy it from within.

tweetie, I'm just curious....

1) What are things Trump would do, that you would not like?

2) How does someone sell out this country?

3) How does one destroy our country from within?

1) I don't know yet. IF he becomes President, he will lay out his plans in more detail and I will consider them then. One thing he seems adamant about from what I have seen of his talks is building a wall between the U.S. and Mexico. That might be interesting. I can't know unless it actually happens. Every action involves pros and cons.

2) One way would be to make it near financially impossible for businesses to stay in the U.S. so they feel compelled to move to other countries where the tax burdens and cost of doing business are less.

3) Do everything possible to break the American spirit. Every country has a unique, collective spirit. Destroy that spirit by passing laws and adopting methods which go against that collective spirit. Tyranny.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   

I'm so sorry.

I'm not a political animal and this is the first time in a very long time I've spent so much time watching pre-election developments and craziness. I believe America is at stake on a very deep level as well as a spiritual level.

I don't identify with left or right but I do honor our Constitution.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   

I'm going to go out on a limb. Since this OP is generally about the upper echelon of the Republican Party and wealthy donors being desperate to come up with a way to keep Trump from being nominated or becoming President (my God, you'd think the man was Godzilla or something) and so far no one who's responded to my question believes Trump would listen to citizens (we, the people) if he does become President, I'm going to wager he would listen. I'm going to hold him to his main campaign slogan, if he becomes President -- LET US Make America Great Again.

I don't see where you get this from. Trumps entire management style is such that if he offers up an idea for a business, and you come up to him with a "better" idea or something that in any way deviates from what he said, he will fire you on the spot. There is zero reason to believe Trump will listen to the people, his entire schtick is that he knows better than everyone. Trump listens to Trump not anyone else, sometimes everyone else just happens to agree with him.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 04:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

It sounds like you're a former employee.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   

a reply to: Aazadan

It sounds like you're a former employee.

I am not, I've just read a lot about his management style.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   

I'm so sorry.

I'm not a political animal and this is the first time in a very long time I've spent so much time watching pre-election developments and craziness. I believe America is at stake on a very deep level as well as a spiritual level.

I don't identify with left or right but I do honor our Constitution.

I'm not sure how you can support Mr. Trump and honor our Constitution at the same time.

Whatever else he might be, the idea of Trump as a paladin of civil liberties should make one howl with terrible laughter. Since he announced his candidacy, Trump has threatened to ignore those who are carping about free speech and shut down parts of the Internet; he has promised to summarily deport those who are suspected of being illegal immigrants, without due process of law; he has endorsed extensive campaign-finance regulations that fly directly in the face of the First Amendment; he has vowed to restrict the Second Amendment rights of those on the terror watch list, again without due process; he has praised Franklin Roosevelt’s internment of American citizens, suggested that natural-born Americans can be deported against their will, and proposed that American Muslims be barred from reentering the country; he has described as “wonderful” a Supreme Court ruling that obliterated the “public use” limitations on the invocation of eminent domain; and he has refused to rule out registering Americans on the basis of their faith.

National Review - Trump, the Anti-Constitutional Authoritarian — Liberty Lovers, Beware

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Whatever you say, Mr. Gryphon66.

It's going to be quite some time before the dust storm Mr. Trump set off finally settles. I don't know, maybe it never will.

What I support is the realization for the established elite, who operate above the law, not having a forgone "wrap" after all as to who ends up in the White House.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Whatever you say, Mr. Gryphon66.

It's going to be quite some time before the dust storm Mr. Trump set off finally settles. I don't know, maybe it never will.

What I support is the realization for the established elite, who operate above the law, not having a forgone "wrap" after all as to who ends up in the White House.

Nope, nothing has anything to do with "what I say" ... it's what Mr. Trump has said, and what he has said flies in the absolute face of the Constitution. Clearly and repeatedly.

So, we've added a second thing that you support (you mentioned the Constitution earlier which Mr. Trump quite obviously doesn't support) ... and what you're supporting now is garden-variety conspiracy-speak ... the usual mummery about elites operating above the law and secret cabals controlling our entire lives ... and that, while possible, and intriguing to postulate on, has no basis in facts.

So, can't help you there.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Thank you for your reply.

National Review. Poor Mr. Buckley can only be spinning furiously in his grave. Bill, what fools these mortals be!

Donald Trump Is Ridiculously Wrong About William F. Buckley

So it was with some amusement that I read Donald Trump’s response to National Review’s response to Donald Trump. The billionaire tweeted: “The late, great, William F. Buckley would be ashamed of what had happened to his prize, the dying National Review!”

At a press conference in Las Vegas, Trump expanded on his attack: “The National Review’s a dying paper. Its circulation’s way down. Not very many people read it anymore. People don’t even think about the National Review. I guess they wanted to get a little publicity.”

Trump is wrong on so many levels.

First off, Buckley was a Trump critic in the years before the writer’s death in 2008. In 2000, when Trump was toying with a presidential run on the Reform Party ticket, Buckley warned:

Look for the narcissist. The most obvious target in today’s lineup is, of course, Donald Trump. When he looks at a glass, he is mesmerized by its reflection. If Donald Trump were shaped a little differently, he would compete for Miss America. But whatever the depths of self-enchantment, the demagogue has to say something. So what does Trump say? That he is a successful businessman and that that is what America needs in the Oval Office. There is some plausibility in this, though not much. The greatest deeds of American Presidents—midwifing the new republic; freeing the slaves; harnessing the energies and vision needed to win the Cold War—had little to do with a bottom line.

Second, National Review has maintained credible print circulation numbers (around 150,000 currently), and it has adapted with notable success to the digital age.

Third, National Review is a magazine, not the “paper” Donald Trump derides with his casual fallacy.

Donald, you're so full of sound and fury....and bs.
edit on 5-3-2016 by desert because: fix link

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: desert

Authoritarians do not like to be without power.

Any political "right-wing" is authoritarian. Actually, any wing "in power" becomes authoritarian ... the Revolutionary becomes the Policeman.

The American Republican party (and the hastily tacked on faux-libertarian TEA parties after 2008) is authoritarian and statist but ONLY when they are in control.

When they are not, they whine and cry about "tyrants" ... just like they did in virtually every Democratic Administration.

It is always, always about two things ... money and control. Money buys control of money buying control.

True leftists want to use the government for the only things it is good for ... infrastructural support and internal/external defense of PEOPLE ... INDIVIDUALS not COMPANIES and CORPORATIONS and freakin' CHURCHES.

States' Rights is the best example of this ... the idea is that the State is the great authoritarian power, not the National Government.

Why? It is easier to control State and local politics than at the National Scale.

In the end, for the Right ... it is about two things: money and control.
edit on 5-3-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

edit on 5-3-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted again

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Let's see...where's the emoticon of two hands clapping....hmmmm, well, this will have to do....

I loved your opening line. And then the rest was so well put.

I will remain the same American leftist that loves our Constitution I always have been.

This insanity will end. All insanities do.

Me, too.

Yes, all insanities are temporary.

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Things are getting truly desperate in conservative camps and the grim acceptance that this isn’t a bad dream and that Trump is almost surely going to win the nomination has begun to set in. It’s led to an odd plan. In a stunning report by the New York Times, Republican sources confirm that party leadership is planning to destroy Trump and give Hillary Clinton the win rather than let him have control of the GOP.

To rally depressed Republicans, McConnell has hatched an unthinkable tactical retreat: Let Hillary Clinton win and focus on maintaining control over the Senate.

Addicting Info - Panicking Mitch McConnell Says GOP Will Help Hillary Beat Trump If He Wins The Nomination

This is actually the first intelligent thing I've heard from McConnell in quite sometime, but ... isn't this signalling the end of The Republican Party as we know it???

I mean, if Republicans nominate Mr. Trump ... how are the Establishment Republicans going to spin THIS ONE?

EDIT: Source Article for Addicting Info Article ...

Inside the Republican Party's Desperate Mission to Stop Donald Trump

November 9, 2021 Update

Trump-hater Mitch McConnell is still afraid of what (now former) President Trump will expose about him, and other Republicans with corrupt dealings buried in their closet.

McConnell says forget all about Trump, and focus on the bad policies of Democrats during the 2022 mid-term election cycle.

Bad idea Mitch: www.reuters.com...

posted on Feb, 17 2022 @ 10:20 PM
link   
February 17, 2022

"Old Crow" Mitch McConnell accomplished his mission 4 years later, when he helped Democrats replace Donald Trump in the White House with Joe Biden.

grrrrr.... What's Mitch so afraid of?

Things are getting truly desperate in conservative camps and the grim acceptance that this isn’t a bad dream and that Trump is almost surely going to win the nomination has begun to set in. It’s led to an odd plan. In a stunning report by the New York Times, Republican sources confirm that party leadership is planning to destroy Trump and give Hillary Clinton the win rather than let him have control of the GOP.

To rally depressed Republicans, McConnell has hatched an unthinkable tactical retreat: Let Hillary Clinton win and focus on maintaining control over the Senate.

Addicting Info - Panicking Mitch McConnell Says GOP Will Help Hillary Beat Trump If He Wins The Nomination

This is actually the first intelligent thing I've heard from McConnell in quite sometime, but ... isn't this signalling the end of The Republican Party as we know it???

I mean, if Republicans nominate Mr. Trump ... how are the Establishment Republicans going to spin THIS ONE?

EDIT: Source Article for Addicting Info Article ...

Inside the Republican Party's Desperate Mission to Stop Donald Trump

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join