It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Panicking Mitch McConnell Says GOP Will Help Hillary Beat Trump If He Wins The Nomination

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

You what's great....someday all these people will be dead. Really hoping that we'll start seeing folks who dare to break the cycle we've been in for a hundred years rise up and take up down another path.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

The only way we do that at that point is to stand together and rebel, really rebel, not just refuse to vote for the anointed candidates.

I think we both know that's not going to happen with the politics of hate and division propagated by the likes of Rush, Hannity, Beck, Levin, Savage, Coulter, Boortz, ORilley, Medved, Elder, Dennis Miller, and many, many others. AM radio is filled with Right Wingers. Not just conservative but hateful extreme Right Wingers with a huge listening audience that has no interest in "standing together" and Fox isn't helping with their divisive programming.

... it may be the only chance we have to put things right, too, and at that point, I would hope that both left and right could agree at least that far.

Dream on....Listen to any of the Right wing radio jocks I listed above and tell me that's even a remote possibility.

"We reap what we sow" and the seeds of our destruction has germinated, grew, flowered and presently will bear fruit. A bitter, and deadly poison harvest is about to happen.

It's not about politics anymore; it's about a cultural division and perspective that has the potential of destroying a once great Nation. History is full of examples.
edit on 29-2-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Paul Joseph Watson of, "Infowars," writes the following about:

The Economist, a publication that has come to be regarded as a megaphone for elitist sentiment, has published a leading editorial piece that argues Donald Trump “must be stopped” from winning the presidency.

Link to Infowars article

From, "The Economist:"

I find it hard to believe the number is 46% but what do I know?

Worse, it might not stop there. Polls show that 46% of Americans of voting age have a “very unfavourable” opinion of Mr Trump, which suggests his chances of winning a general election are slight.

And...

LOL!!

Some on the right argue that Mr Trump is merely playing a role, blowing chilli powder up the nostrils of the politically correct, and that in essence he is a pragmatic New York property developer who likes to cut deals.

Here's, "The Economist" article. (I love the picture!!):
Link

A very interesting featured comment, in my view, at the bottom of, "The Economist," article by oesioij:
Link

I have a question for anyone. Whether you like Donald or not, do you think he'd be willing to listen to the citizens if he was President? It's not a trick question, I'm very curious.

edit on 29-2-2016 by tweetie because: punctuation

edit on 29-2-2016 by tweetie because: Sorry, I forgot a link.

edit on 29-2-2016 by tweetie because: redoing my spacing and making my post easier to look at.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   

The Republican Party is willing to make a deal with the devil.

How the mighty have fallen.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: tweetie
I have a question for anyone. Whether you like Donald or not, do you think he'd be willing to listen to the citizens if he was President? It's not a trick question, I'm very curious.

Not a chance. It runs counter to his entire management style to date. In the board room for example everything is 100% Trumps plan, he surrounds himself with yes men and offering up alternative ideas is considered a negative. He's the sort of person who doesn't listen to others because he's the boss.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

The Republican Party is willing to make a deal with the devil.

How the mighty have fallen.

Actually, as I have continued to read sources about the meetings referred to in the OP ... it's really a stretch to claim that McConnell in ANY WAY suggested that the RNC would basically switch sides and support Clinton against Trump. What he apparently did say was that they would run "attack ads" sufficient to try to distance those running for Senate from Mr. Trump's wake.

I didn't have the NYT article when I posted or I would have "led" with that title. Mea culpa.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: tweetie

A leader like Trump does not lead by listening to others ... he's either the best in the room (in his mind) or he wouldn't be there.

My take on it.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

OK, you say no way. Thanks!

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Thanks! That's two who say no.
Is it possible to do polls at ATS? I'll have to look.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   

It's more like it appears that way by default even though it wasn't specifically stated that way. 2 + 2 = 4. The author of that article infers it. It sounds like Mitchell would prefer Hillary to win so the Senate can work on blocking her moves instead of having to deal with Trump.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Make that three
I agree with what the other two poster wrote.

From what I've seen just from the campaign trail, The Donald seems to have a hard time hearing .... questions he doesn't like. There was the man in New Hampshire last Sept who called Obama a Muslim, and Trump didn't respond to that part; his campaign manager later explained it was because Trump "did not hear the question". Most recent case, he blamed "a bad earpiece" for his KKK comments. Listen to citizens? Only when it suits him.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Mitch McConnell is a bought and paid for RINO hack, he is a disgrace. Hopefully the people of Kentucky will remember this so they can vote that old corrupt ghoul out of office. He can take that other bum Lindsey Graham with him too. ~$heopleNation

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: desert

Make that three
I agree with what the other two poster wrote.

From what I've seen just from the campaign trail, The Donald seems to have a hard time hearing .... questions he doesn't like. There was the man in New Hampshire last Sept who called Obama a Muslim, and Trump didn't respond to that part; his campaign manager later explained it was because Trump "did not hear the question". Most recent case, he blamed "a bad earpiece" for his KKK comments. Listen to citizens? Only when it suits him.

You ever watch the debacle when the Clinton's get asked a question they haven't been prepped on? I'm not defending Trump but they're all assholes who shouldn't be president. At least Trump isn't hiding being a sociopath. It's sad that I consider you being out in the open where I can see your psychological disorder as a positive for a president, but that's 21st century politics. Which candidate isn't a monster? I'd give you Bernie but Debbie Downer and Hillary are teabagging him, laughing
edit on 29-2-2016 by EightTF3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

Not a chance. It runs counter to his entire management style to date. In the board room for example everything is 100% Trumps plan, he surrounds himself with yes men and offering up alternative ideas is considered a negative. He's the sort of person who doesn't listen to others because he's the boss.

I'm going to go out on a limb. Since this OP is generally about the upper echelon of the Republican Party and wealthy donors being desperate to come up with a way to keep Trump from being nominated or becoming President (my God, you'd think the man was Godzilla or something) and so far no one who's responded to my question believes Trump would listen to citizens (we, the people) if he does become President, I'm going to wager he would listen. I'm going to hold him to his main campaign slogan, if he becomes President -- LET US Make America Great Again.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: SheopleNation
Mitch McConnell is a bought and paid for RINO hack, he is a disgrace. Hopefully the people of Kentucky will remember this so they can vote that old corrupt ghoul out of office. He can take that other bum Lindsey Graham with him too. ~$heopleNation

I agree and have held that hope for many years but as long as we are using hackable voting machines, I see little chance of his being defeated. I say that because I seriously can't find anyone other than the absolute party hacks who will admit to voting for him. Even the party hacks will sometimes admit privately, "Better the devil we know that the devil we don't know."

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   

I'm going to wager he would listen. I'm going to hold him to his main campaign slogan, if he becomes President -- LET US Make America Great Again.

Any logical basis for this?

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Yes, tweetie logic.

I'm basing my prediction on many factors, such as how people have honestly responded to what he says as well as his energy overall (as a catalyst), what his decades-old friend Roger Stone has said about him; unsolicited comments made to me by people I know; how the entrenched, corrupt establishment has reacted to him and see him as such a threat to their precious power structure and the fact that he doesn't have to answer to big donors. There are other, more esoteric reasons I won't name right now.

I may not even like some of what he would do if he became President but I feel confident in stating he won't sell this country out and he won't try to further destroy it from within.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Everything you said seems to turn on what other people think, say and do.

Your question went to "what would Trump do?"

Trump will do what he has always done, what he does best, and that is expand the power of the Trump brand.

His rhetoric is utterly empty, he demonstrates no understanding of the realities of the Office of President, and none about how our government works. In my opinion only he is a bombastic, bloviating bully who has already threatened Speaker Paul Ryan merely for disagreeing with him.

I am utterly stupefied that he is going to be the Republican Candidate.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 06:20 AM
link   

That's the whole issue: "how our government works." It's been thriving on dishonesty and corruption for a long time and people are fed up with it.

Don't be mortified yet. The stakes are becoming higher every day and the conventions are a long way off relatively speaking. I do not trust those in power to not pull every dirty ploy to be rid of Mr. Trump including attempts on his life.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 06:23 AM
link   

People are always "fed up with" government. Traditionally we called those folks "left wing."

This faux populist BS is nothing more than rehashed jingoism.

In my opinion.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join