It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth's Early Ocean Was Not Boiling Hot.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Again you're attempting to hijack a scientific thread with religion - you never give up do you...
edit on 1-3-2016 by TheConstruKctionofLight because: eidt

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Morrad

you know i've often wondered about this. seems to me if the oceans were boiling hot, the world would have been a big bowl of seafood gumbo.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 07:14 AM
link   
If the sea wasn't boiling hot, do pigs have wings, or no?

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

No, I just showed, that If I follow what the Bible Historical Narrative says, 1) the earth is older than most Christians will admit and 2) that the oceans were cooler rather than hotter.

We were talking about the oceans being cooler.

I showed my evidence from the Bible that supports cooler oceans and why they were cooler.

I was right on target to the OP just from a Bible believers point of view.

Science is just someone else's religion.

“Science is the slow revelation of God's blueprint." (Bioshock Infinite, "God's Blueprint," Level: Fink Manufacturing, Date: April the 19th, 1908)”
― Hattie Gerst

edit on 1-3-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

I don't think the Bible contains any references to a walrus. A carpenter, however, is prominently featured.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

Jesus Christ could easily been the result of Punctuated Equilibrium in relation to human evolution. In perspective that would not actually change the fact that he was closer to God than the average.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Now the last two post were obviously a derailing of he thread. I thought we were talking about Oceans.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Oceans could have been the result of cometary impacts upon Earth in its Early development. As a result of it being a planet tht formed, initially
about 4.9 billion years ago.

God could have simply created the conditions for life in this, what we define as our Universe.

Intervention into what is going on upon Earth could relate to said effort in first creation.

You see God being infinite as defined could have done exactly that and in so far as interpretation otherwise, that would not really matter, under the circumstances.

Given God being infinite could have done exactly that.... simply stated created the Universe so there could be conditions for life and then intervened, where in the Universe such life occurred.

edit on 2-3-2016 by Kashai because: Added content

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Kashai

If you are replying to me, please answer the question I asked you earlier. What is the Scriptural authority for your claims?

I don't believe you have any. You're just making up this nonsense as you go along.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Jesus Christ could easily been the result of Punctuated Equilibrium in relation to human evolution.

Bit of an evolutionary failure then, wasn't he? Died young. Failed to reproduce and pass on his genes. Dealt out of the game in one generation.

Here's a tip: don't use words unless you know what they mean. That way your writing has a better chance of making sense.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   

From what I have observed in Scripture is God likes to create things to a point and then allow them to progress along all the while knowing what will happen, but letting it progress so as to cause a certain effect then he gets involved to set off the next progression of his creation.

Kind of a cause and effect relationship. Soon once again he has to come back into the picture for the next cause and effect.

My post from scriptures was to show that Water was not originally on the earth, by God's foreknowledge he knew what would happen once he let the waters leave their decreed place in the fountains and flood the earth in some distant past then later he brought forth sea creatures and fowls from the sea and land beasts from the earth, as well as man then let it all progress along, and later got involved again in flooding the earth to destroy the procreated beings of the sons of god, giants and the weird beasts they were generating from blending human, animal and angelic DNA, ad start over with just one group of men and their wives, which held all the DNA for our populations today as well as base pairs of animals that had all the DNA necessary for the different types of animals we have today.

the oceans of course would have to be temperate for any of this to take place.

edit on 2-3-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Actually and related to longevity at the time he lived a long life.

The Bible relates that he had no children that does not mean he did not.

As far as what you think I know or do not perhaps you should not jump to conclusions.

I mean you really do not know me

Myself would love to have some of his DNA for analysis.

edit on 3-3-2016 by Kashai because: Added content

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   

It sounds more like the problem was incest not Angel or animals DNA. The Holy Bible is a beautiful book that inspires in many ways.

But is relates to the way people lived 2000+ years ago. The idea that one can apply a contemporary interpretation to an ancient text then relate, to the extent that interpretation is accurate in some absolute way? Presents that in some absolute you can present what things meant to people 2000+ years ago can be defined in some exacting way to what is considered today.

Jesus Christ was murdered by a system that acknowledged individuals were capable of preforming miracles. He was killed despite the fact that every culture that was able to know of his existence, had gods that could raise the deadand preform other acts that to those cultures would have seemed miraculous.

Whatever motivation in fact existed for such an act is what was the wrong thing to do.

edit on 3-3-2016 by Kashai because: Content edit

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Nonsense is presenting that Cain was able to reproduce at all given scripture.

edit on 3-3-2016 by Kashai because: Added content

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 11:57 PM
link   

The gene pool was still pure, Adam and eve had daughters and sons not named in scriptures, only those named are for a reason.

Cain took one of his sisters and had children from them no problem with that when the gene pool is still pure.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   

So either you are right and roughly 10, 000 years ago Humans were "genetically perfect" and then de-evolved.

Or the culture from which Genesis originated from, at the time allowed incest based upon the idea that it was safe.

Because God could make that possible?

And God made that possible for Noah's family as well? and in between they were not pure enough to do this?

Don't you see a problem with that?

According to Genesis 20:12 of the Hebrew Bible, the Patriarch Abraham and his wife Sarah were half-siblings, both being children of Terah, but with different mothers. According to 2 Samuel, Amnon, King David's son, raped his half-sister, Tamar (2 Samuel 13).

In Genesis 19:30-38, living in an isolated area after the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah, Lot's two daughters conspired to inebriate and seduce their father due to the lack of available partners. Because of intoxication, Lot "perceived not" when his firstborn, and the following night his younger daughter, lay with him. (Genesis 19:32-35)

en.wikipedia.org...

Estimates in relation to science are that there were about 5 million humans living on the Earth when Genesis was prepared.

edit on 5-3-2016 by Kashai because: Added content

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join