It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inauguration...in full armor

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Seems the inauguration will have unprecedented security levels (no big surprise of course), more so than any other inauguration. I wonder if the tomatoes will make dubya scamper away again

I wouldn't think any terrorist action is even remotely possible:

msnbc.msn.com...

brill

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 07:35 PM
link   
This isnt any ole inauguration, this is a kings coronation and as such the government must act accordingly.

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Presidential Inaugurations are one of the most dangerous times for any President. Its been planned long in a advance and is held in a very public and open area, a very bad thing for security. The Secret Service is always working overtime leading up to this,

[edit on 10-1-2005 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
Presidential Inaugurations are one of the most dangerous times for any President. Its been planned long in a advance and is held in a very public and open area, a very bad thing for security. The Secret Service is always working overtime leading up to this,

[edit on 10-1-2005 by ShadowXIX]

Agreed. Just curious though has there ever been any past instances of presidential inaugurations gone wrong, at any level?

brill

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Not that im aware of but in not a history expert so things might have gone wrong, but Im pretty sure nobody was ever killed at one.

Im sure thanks to the great men of the Secret Service

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Tell you what people if you are not invited to the festivities, don't care to show unless you want the fill the full enforcement of the patriot act on you.

This inauguration is only for the elite and the regime of our Kind George the second.

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Paul Harri in New York
Sunday January 9, 2005
The Observer

It will be one of the biggest parties in American history, but half of the country will be left out. With a price tag of up to $50 million, President George W Bush's inauguration in 11 days' time will be an unashamed celebration of Red America's victory over Blue America in last November's election.
It is going to be the most expensive, most security-obsessed event in the history of Washington DC. An army of 10,000 police, secret service officers and FBI agents will patrol the capital for four days of massive celebrations that some critics have derided as reminiscent of the lavish shindigs thrown by Louis XIV, France's extravagant Sun King.

Fit for a King.

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Clinton’s inauguration cost like $41.7 million so what. And more security for the first post 9-11 Inauguration What are they thinking

Besides they are paid for by private dollars not tax dollars so if someone wants to spend their money on this they are free to do so.

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I wonder if people will egg the limo like in the last historical "walk to the white house" ceremony?

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Prince, there's a strong chance.

Let the festivities begin,

Now, this is the REAL king.

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Oh...I love when they egg the limo......I LMAO! I'm gonna download video of that and watch it over and over and over.....and over!

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Are you kidding if you egg the limo or are caught with anything in your hands you will be target as a terrorist. So be afraid very afraid and learn to raise your right hand in mandatory salute.

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I hear there's going to be a bunch of people that will turn their backs on a signal.

I've never watched a presidential inauguration before...but this time I just might, and watch the hilarity ensue....

And no, I'm not a liberal.

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 09:56 PM
link   
From the sounds of it, it would be interesting to watch. There are apparently many events planned for the day and a 'coordinated back turning' would be quite amusing, actually. It'd certainly get the point across if the numbers are great enough.

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Yea, i read (forgot where) thousands were going without hats or buttons or signs and would all be turning their backs at a key point

A must watch.

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Yeah...$50 mil for the extravagant private red party from his private funds and $10,000 for the victims of the tsunami.

I bet that the rest of us are footing the bill for the security needed to keep the coronation on track, though...and possible to keep the red partyers safe and sound, too.

Apparently bush thinks that anyone who is not "Christian" or who happens to disagree with his views is/are "Unamerican". No wonder he is one of the most hated men in the world right now. If I were him I would be spending big private bucks on security, too.

No, I am not threatening the life of the president. I am just a realist.

I don't want bush assinated...then we would be stuck with cheney

AND, YES, I AM A LIBERAL!

[edit on 1/10/2005 by Cherish]

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cherish

Apparently bush thinks that anyone who is not "Christian" or who happens to disagree with his views is/are "Unamerican".

I'm a Christian and I sure didn't vote for Bush. Or Kerry.

There are some of us Christians out there who don't like Bush.

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by brill
Agreed. Just curious though has there ever been any past instances of presidential inaugurations gone wrong, at any level?

Well, Harrison of course caught pneumonia or something during his and died shortly there after, but I suspect thats not what you are looking for! Keep in mind that the Secret Service has only been around since like Lincoln's time too!

marg
and learn to raise your right hand in mandatory salute

The Dubya hand sign is the index thru ring fingers held up, sort of like a peace sign, representing the "W". At least it was moderately popular during his first presidential campaign.

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cherish
Yeah...$50 mil for the extravagant private red party from his private funds and $10,000 for the victims of the tsunami.

Bush is not paying for the inauguration out of his own pocket. Its multiple private individuals that have dances, ceremonies, etc etc, that has resulted in that price tag.

I bet that the rest of us are footing the bill for the security needed to keep the coronation on track,

Gosh, ya think?

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 10:26 PM
link   
If I weren't against amending the Constitution, dgtempe, I'd say Pisky for Prez!

That picture is so cute!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join