It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Been waiting over 2 decades for this but it's finally happened

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   
From Everton FC twitter

BREAKING: The Club is to have a new major shareholder in Farhad Moshiri who brings the promise of new investment. More to follow.

This guy is reportedly worth just over £1.2billion

Being a life long Everton fan just fortunate to witness their greatness in the 80's it brings me incredible joy to see us finally get an investor who's hopefully going to turn us into the next City or Chelsea. For the last 10 years we've been punching well above our weight with the funding we've had to spend on players compared to the likes of City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Utd and those filthy kopites, 10 years before that we struggled hard with relegation battles, being a mid table average team at best. So this day is so important for our club that I am overjoyed, I'm really looking forward to summer now to see just what happens in terms of investment and what players we'll be able to bring in. Hopefully we'll get rid of Martinez too as he's not cut out to be a Premiership manager with his awful substitutions through out this season of misery for us. I'm proud to have stuck it out and am no longer jealous of the big clubs and their money because we now our own sugar daddy to help us buy victory

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

Best of luck mate.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   
As a Chicago Cubs fan, I feel your pain.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Its been a while but i can remember years ago the chairman saying he'd sell if someone would come along, I think Evertons problems getting more money is that they're too good and at the time too bad AKA they hit that naff position of generally being 7th or 8th so nothing really to entice the investors.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Maxatoria

Yep Kenwright has been wanting to sell his shares for well over a decade now but being a fan himself he was waiting for the right person to come along to steer the club in the right direction.

Apparently Kenwright is staying on as chairman too with this deal, so it seems the investor is being sensible in not making a lot of changes just yet.

We've been trying to get planning permission for a new stadium for the last 4 or 5 years too so hopefully part of this package will be finally getting a modern stadium too because as much as I love Goodison it is an old stadium and it shows.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   

I am happy for Everton and if you are a toffee, that must make nice reading.

You've got a great manager in Martinez, I hope they show faith in him.
edit on 27/2/16 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Must be one of the few pro globalization topics in ATS that I don't see anyone complaining, good for you, hope for the best but your new sugar daddy pockets doesn't seems so deep with the current price of footballers.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   
See if Kevin sheedy still has his boots

new topics

top topics

join