It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do I have to pay for Flints bad water?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
Just cleaning up what the Dems ignored. Get used to it more and more stories will be coming out from lots of other places.

I was born in Flint and still live in Michigan so I got to watch it all first hand. Thanks Detroit Coleman and Kawani

And 9/11 happened on Clinton's watch.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I've posted over and over about what really happened in Flint according to a piece written by someone with relatives in Flint.

I missed some of those posts, get most of my info from NPR on my 2 hour drive to work.

They were told the water was lead by the guy from Virginia and ignored it.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

I bought my old house back... when I bought it the first time was something in the land contract I did not own mineral rights... I bought the same house house 20 years later, I asked about mineral rights, I own them all now

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: tinner07
a reply to: Vector99

Hey a lil thread drift is ok, we are working on closing up big duct joints, 40 feet across. I have had to open up one to retrieve my hammer lol...

My apologies.

As far as the Flint situation, like I said, privatize the water supply so there is someone accountable if something like this happens. Right now the governor won't even step down, let alone face charges like he should.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: BigBrotherDarkness
a reply to: laminatedsoul

Ive a well over 30 feet deep and through 4 feet of solid rock, and still get a bill here for the pipes that they will never attach. Mineral rights... go getcha some if you're a home owner.

And if you had to drink flammable liquids and bathe in toxic fluids, you'd not worry?

I dont get some of the replies on this thread..

Who wants some ice cold lighter fluid, cool you down on a hot summers day???

Oo

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I think I have no idea what you are all drinking.

something is toxic, and it's affecting you all.

the topic went askew.

weird. shills maybe??

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

no tax money should be used to buy toxic waste,and that`s what that water was it was toxic waste not fit for human consumption.
if tax money is going to be used to buy defective products than why should any company even try to make a safe product that they are going to sell to the government.whether the product is safe and reliable or completely unsafe junk either way the company will get paid,that`s the lesson that is being learned from this fiasco.
Rewarding incompetence and criminal actions is why the country got in the state that it`s in now.

Thank you. That is what I was getting at. If company X sells a defective product and has to pay back the people that purchased it, the Govt doesnt cut them acheck for the bad product.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

hey, I am all for starting to relocate people out of the northeastern portion of the country. Economically, many of these areas are dying a slow death, the land was polluted back in the time before it was known just what the effects of such pollution would be, the land needs a rest. And, these town and cities are some of the oldest in the nation. And as much as like old timey things like brick roads and 100+ year old houses, well, they are old and tired. And, well, if they are right about it being about time for another ice age, well we might be saving some lives.
We could start with flint, make those people who are griping about all that public land that is own by the gov't. Take some of it and build a nice new modern day flint, with modern factories, modern utilities with underground cables, heated roadways if it's in a cold area, or heck, probably could arrange it so that there was modern public transportation and the only need for a car was traveling outside the town.
Think of how many jobs would be created, how the need for fossil fuels could be reduced, how growing up on land with virgin soil instead of the arsenic, and other toxins filled land these kids are on now could improve their health. How healthier the produce on this land would be.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   

The topic went sideways a little bit... no worries.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   

no fracking around here although the currupt state government passed it with overwhelming public out cry against it. It's been tested too 0.000.000.1 purer than any bottled my friend.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Here is the problem with your utopian city... most of the flint residents are on welfare and some form of "disability".

Modern factories? what they going to make?

You talk good and probably shop at wal-mart and are anti union.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   

I'm sorry but as a Michigan taxpayer why do I have to pay their bills? How can they charge anybody for toxic water?

We can drop down and say most of those bills havent been paid in years as much of Flints residents are living in poverty and food and new iphones top water bills.

I dont think the residents should have to pay for that water but I certainly shouldnt have to pay for it.

As another MI taxpayer, considering the toxic state of the water, I'm not opposed to them not paying for it, nor us picking up the tab. For now. What should be done is that it's eventually refunded to the state, preferably after Snyder & his lapdogs are personally bankrupted for letting this go pear-shaped in the first place.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

no fracking around here although the currupt state government passed it with overwhelming public out cry against it. It's been tested too 0.000.000.1 purer than any bottled my friend.

You say you welcome fracking in your backyard?

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

As another MI taxpayer, considering the toxic state of the water, I'm not opposed to them not paying for it, nor us picking up the tab

I guess I'm just saying if they dont have to pay the bill why should I?

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

That is what I thought you would say. Your defense is empty.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   

As another MI taxpayer, considering the toxic state of the water, I'm not opposed to them not paying for it, nor us picking up the tab

I guess I'm just saying if they dont have to pay the bill why should I?

Ultimately, neither should, period. Toxic water is toxic, no obligation to have it covered in a perfect universe. However, this one isn't. I'm not privy to details on why they HAD to have it paid, but I'm sure it's rooted in bureaucratic bullcrap hoops, like most things.

In the end, that 30 million should be refunded, every penny of it. By the individual people ultimately found at direct fault. Plus interest for good measure.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

That is what I thought you would say. Your defense is empty.

What is that response too?

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: tinner07

About taxes and no responsibility. Always the same. Til it's your neighborhood.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Forgive: I didn't read the thread through and I'm not coming back ... just throwing this out there.

Who was responsible for the lead contamination to begin with? Why aren't they being held accountable. If you took away people's pensions (and everything else they own) to pay the bill ... you might avoid such occurrences in the future.

I agree with the pretense of the OP: The taxpayer sure does get stuck paying the bill a lot.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   

I get ya, just makes me mad ,, you probably find more iphones in the flint welfare office than an iphone store.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join