It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will you watch the Libertarian Presidential Debates on Fox Business channel in march?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: greencmp

Agreed, which is why I think this debate is pointless and I agree with you that the Libertarian party should be focusing on the local level to generate a larger, grassroots campaign and hopefully one day destroy both the Republican and Democratic parties which are two sides of the same slimy coin.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

If there is some way for me to watch it, yes. I do not pay for cable or satellite. If they carry it on the net, then I will.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: John_Rodger_Cornman
Yeah you have to decentralize power down to the local district level.

Then remove corporate personhood also.

Then enforce the Logan act.

The problem with decentralizing power is it also makes power less accountable. It's how you wind up with people who controls states or counties and are effectively monarchs in their area, this is especially doable in business where simply being a multi millionaire can control a small area while it takes billions or trillions to do the same to a nation or state.

Centralized power also allows for bigger projects to be undertaken. Decentralization is good when you want everything to be insulated and independent. That doesn't lead to an effective nation though, it would break the country into 50 or even 500 different smaller countries, which would then wind up with their own centralized power structures.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Will you watch the Libertarian Presidential Debates on Fox Business channel in march?
Will you watch the first nationally televised libertarian debate?

No. Two reasons; I'm not a libertarian and I don't get Fox Business.

Good luck to them though.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

Yeah you have to decentralize power down to the local district level.

Then remove corporate personhood also.

Then enforce the Logan act.

The problem with decentralizing power is it also makes power less accountable. It's how you wind up with people who controls states or counties and are effectively monarchs in their area, this is especially doable in business where simply being a multi millionaire can control a small area while it takes billions or trillions to do the same to a nation or state.

Without corporate personhood,right to bear arms,lobbying, and non-fiat currency how is that possible? Without a monopoly of force they can't do much.Legit collective bargaining,competition and worker cooperatives can counter big money IF corporations don't rig the law making.

Centralized power also allows for bigger projects to be undertaken. Decentralization is good when you want everything to be insulated and independent. That doesn't lead to an effective nation though, it would break the country into 50 or even 500 different smaller countries, which would then wind up with their own centralized power structures.

Centralized power is dangerous.History has shown us how truly horrible that can be. Government has killed over 260+ million people last century. It is not harmless.Were nuclear weapons were used by government or libertarians/anarchists? Iran's uranium centrifuges are sponsored by government or anarchists/libertarians? ISIS is a theocratic government.Were the soviet union libertarians(anti-state/pro-freedom) or authoritarians(pro-state/ anti-freedom)? Is north Korea centralized under one marxist leninist royal family or a decentralized legitimate democracy like south Korea? Why would you want people that you don't know to have unlimited power over you and you don't have unlimited power over them? A person or group of people can be easily corrupted and so can a government made of up people.

edit on 28-2-2016 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: added content

edit on 28-2-2016 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: added content

new topics

<< 1   >>

join