It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New N. Korean rocket turns enemy tanks into 'boiled pumpkin'

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: tempestking

Yah, same with Vietnam, the US Civil war, north and south (insert country name).

Kerry even mentioned it in regards to Syria the other day.

Divide and conquer.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Annnnd....we've entered the Spexial Olimpicks version of the Southeast Asia arms race. Aneefing yu kan doo, Eye kan du bedda!

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   

The Pyongyang's state media forgot to say that the weapon was actually located in the North Korean military base on Jupiter and was fired by the Mothership from an undisclosed location outside the Solar System.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Israel already deployed an active anti-rpg system, based on a shot charge. There are videos from recent Gaza action.

I'm pretty sure the combo of this type system, combined arms, area denial and cluster bombs up the azz will make sure Kim's armoury ends up being the boiled pumpkin.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 03:58 AM
link   
This seems to go a bit hand in hand with other "great" North Korean discoveries. Such as the proof of Unicorns once lived there, and the landing of people on the sun, and Kim being the best golf player the world has ever seen.

Even though they paint the picture of being a land of fantasy internally, that the rest of the world keeps laughing at. It is still a bit scary that they can convince their population of it being true. And even more scary that they are allowed to keep doing this over and over. I sometime get the feeling that NK is like one big psychological experiment where they test how far they can go before people say stop.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 04:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Michaelhawkings

There was an article recently talking about Un's late uncle and that Un might not have been responsible for his death. The article stated the uncle was wanting a prime minister position with the authority the position had under the last 2 leaders (responsible for policy and the economy). They suggest people near the top felt threatened and had him arrested and executed while Un was touring the country.

Un executed his top general a week or so ago. There is more and more speculation that the north will collapse or the military will remove Un on their own.

Should be interesting dinner theater.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 05:37 AM
link   
a reply to: tempestking

As all that i think should be done and that is the US or UN forces need to leave the south and then both north and south mite be able to talk is such a way that all the fences and walls will come down just like the berlin wall did in germany all them years ago ..

Pipe dreams are fun...just not realistic.

If the US leaves SK the north invades 10 minutes later. Then you have to deal with little Kim and his newly formed nation that gives him the ability to actually build those weapons he claims he has.

Do we really need that?

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 06:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h
a reply to: ErrorErrorError

Why don't we bomb and invade North Korea?

China.

They are the only country that can and has kept this little mongrel in check.

Ha ha, China was instrumental in stopping the advancement of the US Army back when. They are on North Koreas side. Or are you suggesting they can't conquer lil Kims Corner?

I don't think they're actually on North Korea's side. What they want is a buffer zone between them and countries with heavy western support/influence, ie South Korea.

That's all NK is to China, a buffer zone, much as great chunks of Eastern Europe were used by Russia as a buffer zone against the West.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingFox
Israel already deployed an active anti-rpg system, based on a shot charge. There are videos from recent Gaza action.

I'm pretty sure the combo of this type system, combined arms, area denial and cluster bombs up the azz will make sure Kim's armoury ends up being the boiled pumpkin.

The problem isn't with defeating NK. I don't think anyone seriously considers NK to be a military challenge in a conventional fight.

The problem is the truly, staggeringly ridiculous amount of artillery they have pointed at Seoul. It doesn't matter how hard or fast anyone strikes, Seoul is going to get the living snot blown out of it. There's also the possibility (because it would be foolish not to concede that it is possible) of nuclear weapons in the hands of a country with leaders who quite possibly prefer to die than give up what little they have.

The NK conventional army is a threat that will probably stop when they reach the first warehouse full of twinkies. I am absolutely convinced that SK has deployed warehouses full of twinkies and rum all along the border specifically for this purpose. If not, they really should consider it.

In fact, I seem to recall a comment reported from a defector that the NK army leadership was genuinely concerned about keeping soldiers moving forward once they started to encounter shops/supermarkets etc. My memory might be playing tricks on me, however, so don't take that as Gospel...

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: EvillerBob

JUST MY OPINION - but

NK isnt a PHYSICAL buffer for the chinese

its a distraction device

the PRC is not scared of a border with a unified korea goverened from seoul by a consitutional republic

cos - lets be realistic - invading the PRC from a unified korea is just not going to work

the PRC want the fat womble as thier " usefull idiot " to deflect public and political anger away from thier transgressions

thats it

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   

People rewrite history, tending to ignore the Chinese entered the "Korean" war to protect its own interests.

Truman orders air and naval support for South Korea & calls for UN intervention, June 27, 1950
U.S. troops invade at Inchon, September 15, 1950
Pyongyang falls to UN forces, October 19, 1950
Chinese divisions enter fighting, November 4, 1950

Timeline

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

JUST MY OPINION - but

NK isnt a PHYSICAL buffer for the chinese

its a distraction device

the PRC is not scared of a border with a unified korea goverened from seoul by a consitutional republic

cos - lets be realistic - invading the PRC from a unified korea is just not going to work

the PRC want the fat womble as thier " usefull idiot " to deflect public and political anger away from thier transgressions

thats it

I don't think the concern was a military invasion from a unified Korea. I think the concern (historically, at least) was a porous border between the outlying districs of the PRC and a "westernised/western supported" country. An "ideological" invasion, perhaps. Can't risk that nasty infectious "democracy" seeping through the borders, can we?

Distraction is also a valid point.

China has always acted in their own interests - heck, most of the world does exactly that, it's just that its more obvious in some cases than others.

I don't think China likes NK at all, but I think they absolutely hate the idea of a US-supported unified Korea sitting on their doorstep.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Oh, I thought this thread was about little fat-boy fuzz-head Kim talking about his own grey matter being "boiled pumpkin".

Sorry.

P.S. Kim makes a perfect living, breathing, real-life South Park character!

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   
His battleplan includes boiled pumpkins or that's the DPRNK's rations?

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   

hey - i conceed that the greater border length of a PRC // unified korea would create its own problem

but the PRC coped with the ` bright lights // decadence // freedom // wealth inequality ` issues of having maccau and hong kong on its doorstep for 50 years

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   
But it only works at midnight.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   

China needs to get out of the way and let someone end this joker.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join