It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jews and gentiles, the fallacy of "the chosen ones"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 07:23 AM
link   
A member said to me yesterday that the book of Revelation did not apply to him because he was a gentile, I know, it's ridiculous.

But it got me thinking, does the world really need to be divided into two kinds of people, Jews and non-Jews? Isn't that kind of disturbing?

I am certain that I am not a gentile or a Jew, and that the term gentile is out of date.

That doesn't stop "Christians " from using it though. How could you be comfortable with a term that is meant to make Jews special, the chosen ones?

But now it's the gentiles claiming chosen one status though. It's a dangerous philosophy. God doesn't judge til after death.

There are no chosen ones, there never have been, and there wont be until the resurrection of the dead, if you believe in the bible.

Let's retire the word gentile, it's just a p.c. way to say goyim, which is the jewish derogatory term for non Jews.

All are equal and the first will be last.

If you think you're a chosen one, think again.

Also, the doctrines apply to Messianic Jews and everyone who follows Jesus Christ, regardless of race or nationality. If Jesus says different, lets see him say that the rules are different.
edit on 27-2-2016 by Barzini because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Barzini
"There is now neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free..." Galatians ch3 v28
"Neither circumcision counts for anything, nor uncircumcision..." Galatians ch6 v15
"Christ has broken down the dividing wall..." Ephesians ch2 v14

edit on 27-2-2016 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   

There are no chosen ones, there never have been, and there wont be until the resurrection of the dead, if you believe in the bible.

Years ago, someone explained to me the school of thought that designating the Jews as the "chosen ones" wasn't an honor or privilege in a positive sense, but in the sense that God would use the Jewish people to make an example of for the rest of us. So when God sent Jesus to the Jews, He knew they would reject Jesus because of the corruption of His word, and the iniquities in their hearts, and they would suffer for the whole world to see -- and hopefully learn from.

In other words, the Jews were not "chosen" because they were/are so "good," but because they were/are so "bad." I suppose one could consider it an honor or a privilege in that they were singled out by the Lord, and in so doing they have an opportunity to learn and do better... but not in the sense that their thoughts/deeds have earned them any honor or privilege.

Since Jesus did not come to change the (Jewish) law, but to fulfill the law, and Christians follow the God and the law of the Jews, it would seem that Christians would likewise fall into this same "chosen" category. But, again, not because they have earned any honor or privilege.

I've never forgotten that conversation. It makes far more sense to me than the idea that God plays favorites with His beloved children.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea
I gave you a star for that, good pov. This member said that the book of Revelation doesn't apply to gentiles, so I put this out there so hopefully he recognizes his error.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Tell that to the person who said Revelation doesn't apply to him because he is a gentile.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I don't know who said it, didn't see the comment.
Revelation is all about the persecution of the church and God's response.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   

It's also the last words of Christ, about the beast, the end times, it's about a lot. But I caught him in a conundrum and in desperation he said "I'm a gentile, that doesn't apply to me" so, yeah, I hate that people think of themselves as immune to what Jesus says because "oh, that only applies to Messianic Jews" it's a weak argument.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Every good little churchian learned about the special people a long time ago in Sunday school.

And special dirt, too.

The 'Holy Land' and 'Gods Chosen' memes were made up by the impostors.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Allowing for context it might be better understood that there are believers ,none believers , and false believers .Each book and chapter has its unique context to consider .Each book is a layer to a very big picture that can add to the whole of the matter .Genesis 3 starts to reveal the plan while keeping it hidden from the ones that will be defeated in the end .For had they of known ,they would not have crucified the Lord of glory . God is not done yet and so the serpent lives on for a season with a crushed head .

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Actually if you read Romans 11 you would realized the person in question doesn't understand. What Romans 11 teaches is that Christians are adopted into the the family tree of Israel. Combine that with the teaching of Genesis 48 and 49 and that thousands of years have passed since then you can draw only one conclusion.

Through either adoption or genetics everybody is a chosen one by now.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I was taught that it was a European that discovered America but surely someone was here before him . I see in the Bible that God chose a people to accomplish what He wanted to that any sane thinking person would not have chosen . and why the Holy land ? The bible is very consistent with other ancient text that say that is where the gods came down .The fallen Angels that Enoch speaks of . The real battle that is taking place can only be understood in the Unseen Realm .The god's against The God .

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

I don't know about any ancient 'texts'. I don't hold to the written record much when it comes to history, remember the victors write that.

How deep des that rabbit hole go?

I see in the Bible that God chose a people to accomplish what He wanted to that any sane thinking person would not have chosen . and why the Holy land ?

The story of Canaan, putting women, children and animals to the sword, turning the earth and salting it, so nothing grows there again??

A loving God doesn't do that, men do.

The impostors occupying Palestine are essentially behaving the same way even today. And God forbid, the world 'looks the other way'.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Why do you worry about it? So some claim they're chosen. You know it's BS. Ignore it and move on.

Stop following the herd. Think and do for yourself.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   

The OT is a mish mash of Elohistic, Yahwistic and priestly tradition that also has a deutoronomic tradition.

Thats why stories get combined, told twice in differing ways, and we have contradictions galore.

(post by Barzini removed for a manners violation)

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I see what you are saying and have no problem with agreeing .When we look at the Nations of today we see what could be described as a mix bag of sorts . In Genesis 10 we see the creation of Nations .These nations were made up of languages differing one from another .English gives us England ,while French gives is France etc.etc . No where is Israel mentioned in the Table of Nations because God was going to and eventually did create a Nation with a mixed bag of peoples who were slaves .He promised to lead and feed them and give them a promised land "if" they remained loyal to Him . They always struggled with that but God was working on a plan to something much bigger . He is going to recreate Eden .He divided the nations and in Acts turned back to the Nations to create a people for Himself .Another mixed bag so to speak . When we ponder the Sovereignty of Nations ,we find a special nation called Israel that seems to get special treatment . The only explanation for this is that the PTB/unseen realm need it to bring about their plan of a one world government and the revealing of The Anti-Christ .

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Yes ,quite the mish mash for sure but there are others that say similar things that lived at the same time but didnt have phones ,books or the internet and could only tell their own stories .One such story is this one .

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Antichrist is a misnomer, the word is beast.

The word antichrist isn't even in the book of Revelation.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Even Jews admit that the Joshua story is a fable.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   

I don't wax so religious about Antichrists and end of worlds…

I see it more as a distraction through religion to cover for simple conquest of territory, peoples and resources. The real age old game. Pronouncing god is on our side gets more people to go along with it.

The story of Israel and all is the first four books of the Bible, copied from the Torah, written by guess who?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join