It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Music Downloading Sites

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I was wondering what music sites do other ATS users use to purchase their mp3 downloads or other formats. I'm new to this digital file ownership thing. I found the Amazon music service works well. The Google Play app is annoying because you can't take your purchases outside of Google to your personal mp3 player or memory cards or your flash drive. I got an iTunes membership and purchased credits but I don't got an iPhone yet so I can't say how good it is. Right now I'm about to try out Spotify, I'll let you know what I think here later. Any suggestions for purchasing music downloads?

*You can't just visit the Spotify website and purchase music. You must pay for streaming service then downloading for offline use is an add-on service. No thanks.

edit on 26-2-2016 by Godhead because: Spotify

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Godhead

With Spotify, theres no need anymore for that ancient technology.

Its what everybody uses today, Its 10$ a month, but you can play unlimited music without any ads.

www.spotify.com... berships&utm_content=CNH8g9X-lssCFceCgQodwHgAzA&utm_term=43700006876390724_c&gclid=CNH8g9X-lssCFceCgQodwHgAzA&gclds

Try the free app.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: frostie

With Spotify, theres no need anymore for that ancient technology.

Its what everybody uses today, Its 10$ a month, but you can play unlimited music without any ads.

www.spotify.com... berships&utm_content=CNH8g9X-lssCFceCgQodwHgAzA&utm_term=43700006876390724_c&gclid=CNH8g9X-lssCFceCgQodwHgAzA&gclds

Try the free app.

I'm not interested in subscribing to streaming services. I prefer owning my own music files and building offline playlists. If I want streaming randomness I click on my digital FM station player.

edit on 26-2-2016 by Godhead because: spelling

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   

I understand,

The free versions are the streaming ones,

The premium version is like owning all of itunes, play any song from any artist at your own will.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I have Apple Music. Paid 10 bucks for 6 months worth of free tunes from a promotion.
Other than that we use sirius radio or I hit KAT and download the individual songs for free

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Soulseek works. For most music. Peer to peer transfer.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Spotify works well for me. I've got all of the newest music on release date plus all of the classics I grew up listening to. It's like having a record store in my back pocket for $120 a year.
SPOTIFY

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: StopLookingAtMe
Spotify works well for me. I've got all of the newest music on release date plus all of the classics I grew up listening to. It's like having a record store in my back pocket for $120 a year.
SPOTIFY

That seems great for library access but it's nicer to own your own music files to access at your own fancy offline whenever you want.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Well, I hesitate to mention this, but if YouTube doesn't have the song, you probably don't want to hear it and all that's stopping you from having said song is googling Youtube to Mp3.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 02:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: gottaknow
Well, I hesitate to mention this, but if YouTube doesn't have the song, you probably don't want to hear it and all that's stopping you from having said song is googling Youtube to Mp3.

I like YouTube for the music videos. It's like this day and ages' version of MTV. Fans who go to the shows also upload their bootleg concert recordings and sometimes it's actually good quality. I discovered quite a few awesome music videos on YouTube and a few bands I never heard before. YouTube Red is great for only $9.99 a month for getting rid of those pesky commercials.
edit on 28-2-2016 by Godhead because: spelling

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 03:37 AM
link   
I'm possibly the least qualified to answer this as I've bought two Spock's Beard and one Flying Colors albums in the last year. I do mean albums, you know, those vinyl things that usually have a hole in the middle(unless you were The Folksmen, there was a problem with their record company BITD).

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 03:54 AM
link   
I use Apple Music and soulseek. I don't mind subscribing to get music, because I see a value in it. Apple Music has been great. Great catalogue and great for collaborating all your music on all your devices, with iCloud and blue tooth. I always feel a bit guilty using soulseek but sometimes it's the only place to find certain tracks

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheSpanishArcher
I'm possibly the least qualified to answer this as I've bought two Spock's Beard and one Flying Colors albums in the last year. I do mean albums, you know, those vinyl things that usually have a hole in the middle(unless you were The Folksmen, there was a problem with their record company BITD).

Vinyl is great for the size of the album cover and the sleeve but practicality calls for the CD format and Compact Discs are still alive and healthy although at about a third en masse as they were in the 1990s. Digital downloading just doesn't cut it in the long run but for now and the next few months "this batch of tunes" will do for on-the-go past-timing. Or whatever you call it.
edit on 28-2-2016 by Godhead because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join