It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump, Rubio and Cruz.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   
money.cnn.com...

So here's Trump tangling, rightly, with a multi-billionaire who fires U.S. employees in favor of cheaper immigrant employees and is pushing an increase in the numbers of these cheaper imports. Obviously, not cool. Yet none of the other 'candidates' will touch this guy,...or Apple.

Just Trump.

Meanwhile, Rubio is reduced to trashing Trump for spelling errors in his twitters.

Cruz? He's pulled a "Harry Reid" and is hoping for or has FINALLY found something in Trump's Tax returns....

Acts of desperation or a well timed counter-attack right out of the left's handbook on how to smear a candidate?

From what I can see, this is further proof that Trump is not part of the machine that avoids the 'untouchables' by both party's establishment. The rest? Answer that one for yourself.

Trump perfect? Heck no. But he has the attitude, the right attitude, and that trumps the rest.

edit on 26-2-2016 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I was watching Rubio on the O'Reilly factor tonight and he kept sniffing every two seconds like someone on coc aine. Last night on the debate he did seem to be not himself. One has to wonder. Cruz looked foolish. And Trump, well he was the man in the middle trying to get a word in.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

From what I can see, this is further proof that Trump is not part of the machine that avoids the 'untouchables' by both party's establishment.

I created a thread on an angle on Trump and the Establishment.

It basically boiled down to:

the Oligarch in charge is trying to cut some of the middle fat which is congress, the DNC and the GOP. They want to take even more direct control of our gov't while decreasing lobbying efforts and streamline faster Oligopoly friendly regulations.

Ofcourse our politicians want to still be the middleman and they see trump as the guy paving the way to minimize their roles. Hence he is a threat to the middle management part of the establishment.

Unfortunately, us the regular tax payers will get the $hitty end either way and are just collateral damage.

Note I'm not saying their is any truth to it but its an interesting angle and observation.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Couldnt have said it better myself.

Hes playing the public like a puppet.

He knew what persona he had to create to appeal to todays voters, and boy has he won.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

If that was the case then that Establishment would turn on that elite. They'd have nothing to lose.

Not saying it's impossible, just unlikely. They'd both have evidence on each other....stalemate.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: frostie

I cede that a percentage 'resonate' with his anger. This might be hubris on my part, yet, I see him as about the only hope of breaking this mess...and the sooner the better.

I see the rest of them as far, far worse.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Establishment would turn on that elite

Certainly possible but not sure they could.

The Elite lobbyist have the deep pockets and the MSM are owned by the elites.

It takes half a billion dollars to run for president and millions as a congressman to get elected and re-elected.

The one with the money holds the leverage against those that need it.

edit on 28229America/ChicagoFri, 26 Feb 2016 21:28:24 -0600000000p2942 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

No disagreement on that aspect. Yet, if the 'middleman' is on the way out, then they know it, as well. They would have nothing to lose. The control the police, the military, even black-ops.

Lots of options to fight back.

Nope, they're still partners, TPP is evidence of that. The splitting of power so both can retain the power....

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   

valid points.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I've been thinking about Trump more lately. I still don't like him, because I'm concerned he would have too much influence over Congress as President but of the 3 Republican front runners I don't think Cruz is qualified and Rubio while probably being the most electable is just more of the same that we've had for the past 28 years. That leaves Trump by default.

That said, Kasich is still my guy on the Republican side, he's got a good head on his shoulders, experience, and the right attitude. He won't be getting the nomination, but I like that he has made it this far in the race since it means he's had some influence on the other candidates.

On the subject of Trump though, I think people are going to be studying this campaign for decades to come. Trump is absolutely brilliant at marketing. The way he has dominated the news cycle with a calculated mix of outrageous statements timed to the life cycle of the stories is amazing. He has generated an unreal amount of free press, and made everything center around himself. The questions for example aren't "What are your plans for immigration?" it's "What do you think about Trumps plans for immigration? and when someone else tries to do something newsworthy, Trump does something... anything to take the spotlight off of them. It's a revolutionary way of handling media.

I finally caught on to what he's doing with the Christie endorsement. That was in the works for a long time and used to blunt any attack against him. Looking back I see it everywhere, from the first debate where he took the heat off of his answers by insulting Megyn Kelly and his refusal to pledge to support other candidates to taking Cruz down a notch by tweeting controversial people in order to waste Cruz's money on his media push, and then reusing the Megyn Kelly thing and boycotting a debate to push it completely out of the news cycle. My dislike for him as President aside, the way he has handled the media and his campaign has been very impressive.
edit on 27-2-2016 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Concur on the media part fully.

Up here in the northwest, we had a radio personality out of San Diego who had a full 45 minute one on one interview with Trump. Unlike most current reporters, this guy did some homework on Trump. Mostly in trumps stamping grounds of N.Y.C..

It was enlightening and not likely to be seen/heard on MSM. The point I'd pass on is Trump considers himself first a promoter, and second, a negotiator. His control of the media is proof of his promoter abilities, it's the negotiator portion that most people miss....I think.

In negotiation, one takes the extreme or highest/hardest position and negotiates from there....downward. Be it price concessions, on and on. Hence his 'bomb the crap out of them' and 'build a wall' type comments. Take the extreme and negotiate. Not surprisingly, the extreme position has resonated with many.

It isn't his 'final' position in the slightest. At least, that's how I see it. Will it work? That's a whole different subject.

edit on 27-2-2016 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   

I suspect Trump is far more to the left than most of his supporters are, his answers haven't really indicated otherwise and when he does let that facade slip there's a scandal to take the conversation off of it. I've said it many times before but Trump is not a Republican or a Conservative... he's a major proponent of high taxes, high spending, and very authoritarian. If he wins there will be a good deal of buyers remorse.

Back to the scandal idea though, that's Trumps primary weapon. Literally every time his opponents have spent millions of dollars making a big push he has invented a scandal and wasted their spending. The few times he hasn't used a scandal it's equally effective. Like I said before the Christie endorsement is where it finally all made sense to me and I could see it in all of his previous moves. That was utterly brilliant, he lured the RNC into attacking him, the money/Rubio made their big push and started attacking him and Trump beat it without uttering a word instead he let Christie give out an endorsement and suddenly the attacks were out of the news and everyone started running the endorsement as their top story instead.

In the past I've said that one of the dangerous parts of Trump is that he never admits when he's wrong instead he doubles down on his rhetoric, now I see why he does that. If it's controversial he can push the controversy on his stance and drown out that of the opponents by doubling down rather than by trying to defend. That way, agree or disagree the debate is about his politics, the opponent gets no air time and as the saying goes there's no such thing as bad publicity.

Considering the sideshow the campaign trail has turned into given these very effective tactics, I shudder to think of what future campaigns like the general or the 2020 race will be like when everyone finally copies Trump (and they will copy him).
edit on 27-2-2016 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Like I've said before, he strikes me as 'apolitical'. I've reached the point where calling myself 'conservative' is locking me into the trap of politics. While I believe the majority of solution lie on the right, not all of them and not always.

I prefer something a bit different in the White House. Someone who isn't locked into a political ideology or owing some many 'favors' to donors.

Otherwise it's politics as usual and I am done with it.

I will sink or swim with Trump.

edit on 27-2-2016 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fromabove
I was watching Rubio on the O'Reilly factor tonight and he kept sniffing every two seconds like someone on coc aine. Last night on the debate he did seem to be not himself. One has to wonder. Cruz looked foolish. And Trump, well he was the man in the middle trying to get a word in.

There is a video clip of him popping something in his mouth during the debate, he always acts like he is tweaking

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   
April 24, 2016

You know that Donald Trump is what America needs when the remaining two candidates (besides Trump) form a coalition to block his nomination on the first ballot at the GOP convention.

New Alliance between Cruz and Kasich formed Today: www.foxnews.com...

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 12:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
April 24, 2016

You know that Donald Trump is what America needs when the remaining two candidates (besides Trump) form a coalition to block his nomination on the first ballot at the GOP convention.

New Alliance between Cruz and Kasich formed Today: www.foxnews.com...

I guess it's best to start a new thread when there's a political development involving the same people discussed in an existing thread?

top topics

join