It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How is this possible? -Lymphoma

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I just got my 34-yr-old sister's dreaded call -PET scan confirms lymphoma.

In my family, there are four of us siblings. I'd say on a scale from 1 to 10 on how health conscious we are, I give it a -20. But my sister...that's a different story; always counseling my mom on her unhealthy lifestyle, informing me how much sugar is in that yogurt I'm eating, etc. She works out Evey day, runs marathons, eats ZERO crap food, juices daily, and even challenges her husband every other month to special diets as 'no sugars, etc. The only negative thing is I do think she would take things to the extreme, resulting in her being too skinny and 3% body fat.

How is it that the sibling with the healthiest lifestyle and cleanest eater ends up the sickest?

I suspected diagnosis two days ago already when I asked her if she had itchy ankles. She said ""Yes! And my husband thinks I'm nuts cuz nothing is there!" I slumped over in y chair and tried not to sound different. I knew then that it wasn't good.

The thing that made her get checked out was she found a lump under her armpit. Doc gave her antibiotic as she was also battling a never ending cold. The following week she went back since there was no change -aside from a new lump in neck. In addition to those systems, she complained of night sweats and her 'collar bone" hurted; all of which she initially had an alternate reason for everything i.e. pulled a muscle working out, menstrual cycle, etc. This morning before her PET scan she said she had a hard time breathing, as if she couldn't get air in her lungs.

I love my sister dearly. She is vibrant and full of life. A wonderful mother to a 6 and 3-year old, just bought an amazing home, with a natural eye for photography resulted in her being the areas top well-known photographer of choice.

To date, all I know it that it's lymphoma and until her Monday biopsy, assume its (hope) non-hodgkins and cuz lump on neck and possible lung/diaphram (cuz problem breathing and hurts) at stage 2.

Aside from needing to vent, looking for a wat to keep positive for her and maybe some things from those who have gone through this or close to this topic, on what to expect and or do for her (aside from the obvious helping out and staying there to help out with kids/house etc).

My mom said her friend had same thing and was gone 6 months later. That makes me so scared...

I know there is tons of stuff on here for natural alternatives that I will be going through shortly. Although she is miss healthy, I know she is doing chemo cause they told her they want to start aggressive chemo already on Monday after her biopsy.

Also curious if all those medicinal natural remedies noted in past posts on here (going through after this) is, is it specific to all cancers, or is there something known for helping cancer of the lymph nodes specifically?

Kind regards

edit on 2016-02-26T21:33:06-06:0009America/ChicagoAmerica/Chicago06America/Chicago2016-02-26T21:33:06-06:00000000Fri, 26 Feb 2016 21:33:06 -060026 by CheeseCurd because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: CheeseCurd

I dont know if this will help, we all die, it's a part of life.. It can be treated not cured, she won't live a full life but she can extend it..
We all die it's a part of life

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   

There is a lot of topics about cannabis oil, don't know if I believe it.. But it can make her life into the best years of her life

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   
It's scary as hell. Cancer is up all over. Just look at the copious ads on TV. They are only vying for a market that is already there. Why? I dunno. Fukushima? Food supply? Environmental exposure? Genetic roulette?

I'm so sorry for your sister. She sounds like a fighter so - hopefully she'll kick it's ass.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I don't want to pry or get in your business. Just your OP got my heart.

It's BS good people can get sick like this.

I just wanted to say while your searching natural remedies I would read up on three things for sure. Obviously cannabis oil, The Chaga Fungus that grows on birch trees and is gaining popularity, and maybe Kratom (mitragyna speciosa)……..Each is said to have massive medicinal qualities.

I have no idea if these would help or hurt or make any difference in your lives but I truly believe they are worth reading about so you can decide for yourself.

Please take what I say with a grain of salt and decide for yourself if you think these or other natural remedies are worth it. I just know this is the first place I would look.

Good luck to your sis, gonna say a quick prayer for you guys.

peace.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   
So, I don't have a lot of personal experience dealing with cancers, and lymphoma in particular. However, I hope her the best and I would like to encourage you to remain strong for your sister. Cancer patients in particular take a lot of the energy surrounding them...if you're positive it will help her to remain positive as well.

As far as why the healthiest eater of the siblings is subject to such a horrific outcome...well, no one knows. You can try your best to be healthy, and a lot of people do, but in the end, something like cancer is not exactly within one's control. Who knows...with your sisters healthy lifestyle, she may very well have extended her life by a lengthy period(instead of being diagnosed at 34, she could have been 20), and with a positive mindset and right attitude, she could still go a very long way.

I'm hoping the best for you and your family. Please keep us updated.

(Not me personally, but a few LMP's I know work with cancer patients and the effects can be profound. A lot of the pain associated with chemotherapy and the emotional pain of dealing with cancer can become much easier to bear through the occasional visit with a licensed and well-trained massage therapist. If one goes this route though, be SURE the therapist has sufficient training dealing with cancer patients as they can create lymphedema, create deep vein thrombosis, or create other dangerous scenarios.)

A2D
edit on 26-2-2016 by Agree2Disagree because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   
She is 34 :+( I don't call that part of life...that's cheated on life., unfortunately. Thank u for the kind words, however.

reply to: Kantjil

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I had two kinds of breast cancer at the same time, one was aggressive and had 3 or 4 lymph nodes removed. Had chemo and radiation. That was maybe 4 years ago.

Cancer is different for everyone, even those with the same kind of cancer as everyone's body is different and may react differently to treatments. You sound like a wonderful Brother and I'm sure you will help her in any way that you can. I slept a lot and was drained and weak a lot. Some women though were still able to work. We can't predict how your Sister will react to her chemo. They have pills for nausea which really helped. She may or may not lose her hair depending on what kind of chemo she gets. There are places that offer free wigs. Let us know how she is doing while she receives her treatments and we can take it from there.

You were wondering how someone healthy like your Sister could get cancer. I can understand my having it, but there were women I met while being treated and some of them wondered why they had cancer because they had a healthy lifestyle. Even children get cancer. Sadly, no one is immune.

Just remember this...cancer is not always a death sentence, and do not for one minute listen to people that tell you if she goes for chemo and radiation that she will die. There are people who have had chemo and radiation and are still alive twenty years later.

Right now it is best to take one day at a time, one thing at a time. Your Sister may or may not experience a roller coaster of emotions and it's perfectly normal. I will be right here by your side and hers.

It will be the little things that matter most like a simple 'I'm thinking of you' card or someone doing laundry or some housework or making some meals. Maybe make up a gift basket with movies in it, a book or things she can pamper herself with like scented soaps and lotions or things she will enjoy.

I shall be watching this thread closely. If I can help in any way, if you just feel like talking or have any questions, you can always send a private message or talk here in your thread. Much love to you, your Sister and the family!

edit on 26-2-2016 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I'm sorry to hear about your sister. I hope she does well through this. People with hardly any body fat in reserve sometime do not do as well with these things. If she has quite a bit of muscle, she can cannibalize that for extra energy I suppose. The Chemo is kind of hard on a person.

But it might still not be too bad, we'll cross our fingers and hope for that.

I have done quite a bit of studying on natural food choices but I haven't looked into lymphoma that much. If it is breast cancer I can see a health diet containing lots of soy contributing to the cancer. Right now it is important to take care of it and find out what kind of cancer it is. That way I can possibly recommend some possible alterations to the diet. What I know can help to keep cancer from forming or help to control it from growing a bit but that won't help something that advanced.

There is a new therapy which is sort of like I am investigating in natural foods to slow progression and possibly reverse it. www.sciencedaily.com... It would only help after major cancer is removed and I would say Chemo should be done if necessary. The therapy is usually tailored to the type of cancer in chemotherapy. So they need to identify what kind of cancer it is. This is different than before, with better results.

Hopefully things go all right. Tell her that rickymouse from a conspiracy site sends his best wishes. That should make her laugh and wonder about your sanity.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Maybe she needs to have her genetics done. The whole genome and see if there is a defect there that has a way to bypass it.

I had mine done for a search for my father and ran it through a program that gave information on health aspects of your genes with links to pub med and NIH for any negative ones.

Have a gene that would be related to having children with neural tube defect and one for depression which runs in my maternal family. No neural defects with my children but 2 grandchildren, same daughter, had 2 children with cleft lip/palate, something they are looking at with one of the first gene.

There are fortunately for me work arounds that are well documented. Many of them are documented but few doc's are aware. One of mine is that folic acid isn't broken down well so I take methyl folate. Still obgyns still recommend folic acid for people when it could be the defect that is causing the problem. This affects 20 to 40% of the population.

Just a thought that the answer could be in her genes.

Best wishes for you and your sister

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Hopefully things go all right. Tell her that rickymouse from a conspiracy site sends his best wishes. That should make her laugh and wonder about your sanity.

Made me laugh!

You can tell her Night Star the Elf sends her best wishes too. She'll really wonder about your sanity then. A mouse and an elf on a conspiracy site. Like Wow!

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   

All I can ask does she consume a lot of Dairy in her diet , thinking that its a healthy option?

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: CheeseCurd
I just got my 34-yr-old sister's dreaded call -PET scan confirms lymphoma.

In my family, there are four of us siblings. I'd say on a scale from 1 to 10 on how health conscious we are, I give it a -20. But my sister...that's a different story; always counseling my mom on her unhealthy lifestyle, informing me how much sugar is in that yogurt I'm eating, etc. She works out Evey day, runs marathons, eats ZERO crap food, juices daily, and even challenges her husband every other month to special diets as 'no sugars, etc. The only negative thing is I do think she would take things to the extreme, resulting in her being too skinny and 3% body fat.

How is it that the sibling with the healthiest lifestyle and cleanest eater ends up the sickest?

I suspected diagnosis two days ago already when I asked her if she had itchy ankles. She said ""Yes! And my husband thinks I'm nuts cuz nothing is there!" I slumped over in y chair and tried not to sound different. I knew then that it wasn't good.

The thing that made her get checked out was she found a lump under her armpit. Doc gave her antibiotic as she was also battling a never ending cold. The following week she went back since there was no change -aside from a new lump in neck. In addition to those systems, she complained of night sweats and her 'collar bone" hurted; all of which she initially had an alternate reason for everything i.e. pulled a muscle working out, menstrual cycle, etc. This morning before her PET scan she said she had a hard time breathing, as if she couldn't get air in her lungs.

I love my sister dearly. She is vibrant and full of life. A wonderful mother to a 6 and 3-year old, just bought an amazing home, with a natural eye for photography resulted in her being the areas top well-known photographer of choice.

To date, all I know it that it's lymphoma and until her Monday biopsy, assume its (hope) non-hodgkins and cuz lump on neck and possible lung/diaphram (cuz problem breathing and hurts) at stage 2.

Aside from needing to vent, looking for a wat to keep positive for her and maybe some things from those who have gone through this or close to this topic, on what to expect and or do for her (aside from the obvious helping out and staying there to help out with kids/house etc).

My mom said her friend had same thing and was gone 6 months later. That makes me so scared...

I know there is tons of stuff on here for natural alternatives that I will be going through shortly. Although she is miss healthy, I know she is doing chemo cause they told her they want to start aggressive chemo already on Monday after her biopsy.

Also curious if all those medicinal natural remedies noted in past posts on here (going through after this) is, is it specific to all cancers, or is there something known for helping cancer of the lymph nodes specifically?

Kind regards

God will heal her if anyone in the family puts faith in Jesus Christ and His Father in Heaven. If no one has developed a relationship with Him yet, ideally all of you, or at least one of you, needs to start developing one now and "lay hands" on her.

1. Get her away from all types of radio waves. Cell phone, towers, computers, microwaves and electrical lights, to name some.

2. She should be exposed to natural light only. Night time, fireplace, lanterns, candles.

3. Lay hands on her - energy work.

4. Hot to cold system sock with either a sauna or hot tub, then a cold shower.

5. Light massages, including lightly brushing hair with fingers or brush.

6. Lots of ice water - stay hydrated, and light soup and thick stews made of fresh veggies, beans, rice and tender meat. No seafood, no caffiene. Herbal teas and a glass of imported dark red wine, room temperature, at night.

Done daily. Can take months.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Cheesecurd, I am sorry to hear of this. I also can relate to what you are talking about. In November my 43 yr old wife was feeling a bit sick and a bit more tired/sluggish than normal. She is an active woman with healthy eating habits and so on. Well about a week after she started being not her normal self, she awoke and thought she had a mosquito bite under her right armpit but when she went to itch it, she couldn't really scratch it as it was seemingly under her skin. She asked me to look at it and I felt around and immediately asked her if she was still feeling sick because I thought one of the lymph nodes in that area was swelling. Anyhow, she went to have it looked at and the news came back that she needed a biopsy so she had one, then an ultrasound guided one where they pronounced that she had breast cancer This was in the ancillary part of the breast so and was a lobular type cancer but given the nature of lobular, they couldn't determine enough about it so, they did a full MRI followed by an an MRI guided biopsy for some suspect lumps near the lower quadrant of her breast and then two days before Christmas, she was in getting a partial mastectomy/breast conserving surgery here in the northwest. One thing that has become abundantly clear is the amount of difference in opinion you get from each doctor. My wife is an attorney and now knows quite a bit more about her situation than some of the doctors that she has seen and eventually passed up as each of their weaknesses were exposed.

Some of the doctors were pushing for full removal of 1 breast or both citing her size as "not leaving enough to work with" for future reconstruction. She settled on a surgeon who did a remarkable job at keeping most of what was there while taking out a 3" long by 1" wide swath of tissue to have further testing on and to look for clean margins. They also performed a sentinel Lymph Node test by removing three of her nodes and testing them. 2 came back with in-situ cancerous cell that basically showed she had more in her system but it was dormant.

She was told that she would need chemo and radiation treatments but she also kept pushing her oncologist for a test, the Oncotype DX 21 gene assay panel which is, strangely, guarded buy the healthcare companies here. Seems they find it quite expensive but the kicker is they can do the test and collect their data regardless of whether you can pay for it. She was able to get approval for the $4k test and our health plan is picking up most of that. The result of the test showed that she was at 10% chance of recurrence with radiation alone and 16% with radiation and chemo. A good reason to have the testing done is it's ability to help guide doctors to a treatment path based on the actual following of patients of similar cancer type and gene makeup through to their outcomes. She starts her radiation treatment next week.

Why am I telling you this? Because it was so out of the blue, even the doctors have all told her she is one of their youngest patients with this type of cancer. It is out of place for her as her family history does not have much in the way of cancer on either of her parents sides. Her cancer is Estrogen receptive so they will use hormone therapy for part of it, basically going to need to starve the cancer while it is radiated.

I hope your sister's diagnosis can be exacted to the point that she gets a proper recovery. You/she really need to be your own best advocate, listen to the doctors, the one's that don't seem to like your questions should be scrutinized and if necessary a new one may be needed. I will check in on this thread and see how things go for her in the event you post updates. Again, it does seem strange given that both my wife and your sister seem to follow a health regimen and end up with this,

edit on 26-2-2016 by evc1shop because: spelling

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I'm sorry your sister and family are getting hit so hard with this news.

With stuff like this it could have simply been that she is biologically more susceptible to such a condition. Although, her health efforts could have held it off for much longer than it would have if she wasn't so healthy.

I really hope she isn't 3% body fat, because for women that would mean she could very well suffer other serious ailments. Anything under 10% isn't healthy anymore, it's a very serious and deadly condition.

Just ensure she continues eating healthy and staying active and that alone can be a big help for her fight with lymphoma

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: liveandlearn
Maybe she needs to have her genetics done. The whole genome and see if there is a defect there that has a way to bypass it.

I had mine done for a search for my father and ran it through a program that gave information on health aspects of your genes with links to pub med and NIH for any negative ones.

Have a gene that would be related to having children with neural tube defect and one for depression which runs in my maternal family. No neural defects with my children but 2 grandchildren, same daughter, had 2 children with cleft lip/palate, something they are looking at with one of the first gene.

There are fortunately for me work arounds that are well documented. Many of them are documented but few doc's are aware. One of mine is that folic acid isn't broken down well so I take methyl folate. Still obgyns still recommend folic acid for people when it could be the defect that is causing the problem. This affects 20 to 40% of the population.

Are you using livewello or promethius? I did both for most of my family. I am having good luck with the small folate tablet and the methylcobalamin spray. I also take a multimineral with about a hundred sixty percent of molybdenum and a couple hundred percent RDA of selenium. I feel about twenty again. But I still have the body of a sixty year old, worn out from working construction most of my life.

The gene apps can show a person susceptability and can actually pinpoint some diseases pretty well.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 01:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

originally posted by: liveandlearn

Are you using livewello or promethius? I did both for most of my family. I am having good luck with the small folate tablet and the methylcobalamin spray. I also take a multimineral with about a hundred sixty percent of molybdenum and a couple hundred percent RDA of selenium. I feel about twenty again. But I still have the body of a sixty year old, worn out from working construction most of my life.

The gene apps can show a person susceptability and can actually pinpoint some diseases pretty well.

I used prometheus. Wasn't aware of the other but will check it out. I use a small folate tablet and a vitamin that uses methyl cobalamin. For a while I used a much stronger methyl folate and my grey hair started to turn dark, now it is just silver /brown. But my nails are much stronger. Need to find a stronger folate for the hair. Not doing the color any more.

I just take the dose of methylcobalim that is in the B vitamin complex. I is pretty high. The brand is 'B Right' (may not have spelled it correct). Don't know how mucy molybdenum. I did learn that if you take extra methyl B 12 you need to load up on lithium first because litium is a carrier and can easily be depleted. I have some but don't take it daily.

I am afraid I still feel like a 70 year old

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 02:03 AM
link   
hey there, sorry to hear about your sister.. the hands down best remedy against lymphoma is fruit! If you can get her to eat & drink orange, red grape and lemon juices from fruit alone, its very alkalzing to the body [nothing from bottles or supplements] just the raw fruit alone, its going to cleanse her lymph system thats clogged up. veggies, meat, dairy, seeds & nuts will slow down her healing so have her feast on those fruit juices alone at least for a month or 2 straight. And by the way if she goes under chemo, it will kill her even faster! chemo is very acidic to the body just like lymphoma is, so please make sure she says no to chemo.. But if nothing else works, pray that she makes christ jesus her savior, god bless..

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 02:10 AM
link   

chemo is very acidic to the body just like lymphoma is, so please make sure she says no to chemo.
a reply to: adamm22

This is touchy, but I agree here. I would absolutely say no to chemo! That's me personally......... And take up Gerson therapy! At least as close as possible.

www.cancer.gov...

Drinking 13 glasses of juice a day. The juice must be freshly made from organic fruits and vegetables and be taken once every hour.

Eating vegetarian meals of organically grown fruits, vegetables, and whole grains.

Taking a number of supplements, including: Potassium. Lugol's Solution (potassium iodide, iodine, and water). Coenzyme Q10 injected with vitamin B12. (The original regimen used crude liver extract instead of coenzyme Q10.) Vitamins A, C, and B3 (niacin). Flaxseed oil. Pancreatic enzymes. Pepsin (a stomach enzyme).

Taking coffee or chamomile enemas regularly to remove toxins from the body. Preparing food without salt, spices, or oils, and without using aluminum cookware or utensils.

edit on 27-2-2016 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-2-2016 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 02:17 AM
link   
So sorry you got this news about your sister. In 2013 I thought I had a nasty respiratory infection that would not go away with lot's of trouble breathing. Also had a lot of symptoms related to change of life, or menopause. I was 46 yrs old. Night sweats, tired, etc. Never had itchy ankles. Then I noticed the veins in my armpit and chest to bulge and facial swelling. It got to the point where I could not breathe in a supine position any longer and had to sleep sitting up, even slept on my knees with an ottoman supporting my torso so I could breathe. Went to E.R. thinking it was now full on pneumonia.

I spent a week in the cardiac unit having tons of fluid drained from the membrane surrounding the heart, then was diagnosed with an aggressive stage 3 Mediastinal Large B cell Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma and given respiratory therapy. I had a large tumor on the superior vena cava, or main heart artery so it was inoperable. Chemo was started before I left the hospital three weeks later after gaining some strength back from heart stress. Six rounds of RCHOP protocol in two months. I'm not ashamed to admit I relied heavily on my own prayers, my loved ones and even complete strangers' prayers for my healing. Three months later I was in remission and tumor gone.

I really had a tough time with chemo. Miserable. Felt like a systematic poisoning with each dose compounding on the previous. 100 MG daily doses of Prednisone each week after chemo ruined me both emotionally and physically. I have permanent joint pain, digestive issues I never had, vision problems, insomnia, anxiety and depression. I feel like I survived the cancer but not the chemo.

I AM ALIVE, so everything I went through was worth it, even long term effects. I don't have any advice on other treatments, but if I had cancer recur, depending on the type I might look elsewhere personally if I get the choice.

It's a scary new place that people are thrust into unexpectedly. Treatment, lab draws, prescriptions, was all consuming so expect a delay in your sister processing her feelings. I can say I was so overwhelmed with the medical aspects of everything (had to travel to other towns for medical stuff) and exhaustion that i had sort of an emotional blockage until much later.

Please feel free to message me if you need a support chat and I'm sorry this has happened to your sister. One thing certain will occur, she, you and family are going to meet some really wonderful and interesting people.
edit on 2/27/2016 by shockedonlooker because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join