It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm a realist and sadly here is why men and women will never be equal.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Was your post meant to be posted here?

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: frostie

What if Mandy decided not to have kids, but makes less than Billy anyway?

I am the one who always takes out the trash in my home. My husband and I share cooking and dishwashing responsibilities.

Yes, I decided to be the one to stay home with my daughter, but I had a female boss whose husband was the stay-at-home parent while she brought home the bacon.

Nope, you don't gotta play the hand you're dealt.

IT seems that some women feel more capable of attending to male type tasks, wonderful. However if we took the mass population of women, I could bet my bottom dollar that most ladies/girls would rather sit comfortablly then go do something that ruins their freshly dressed ways. This is not me being ignorant as I am sure you would love to point out as you did the OP. IT is just how things are, just as you should not assume every man may want to go clothes shopping with you, most men tend to not like that kind of thing. However 'some' do.

IT is the few however that seem to want to make others follow them, so those few do not feel odd.

Sometimes a man that likes to go clothes shopping, meets a lady who likes to take the trash out.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Read my above post OP, it seems some women find it hard to accept your points.

Good post!

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackProject

Appreciate the insight!

Glad to see the number of actual responses to the OP is now at 3!

You also reminded me of something super Fing sexist i did today on accident...

So I was at the gym doing bench press today (225 pounds) and I needed a spotter.

When I went up to the counter of 2 women and 1 male, I asked for someone to spot me, and well without realizing it I looked at the male and well, kinda addressed the question to him.

Just another scenario where the human race is sexist without knowing it, then again maybe its just me.

I know and understand many women are capable of spotting heavy weight at the gym, I just naturally turned to the male worker...

Should I be ashamed of this?

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Well that is a very clear situation where, you just as most men are told not to let a woman carry something heavy or let a door slam in her face as its not gentlemen like. Then those same women want to then tell us, 'give me those heavy boxes', 'I will hold my own door thanks!' lol

Basically you did what I would do in that situation, your being polite to think. ''Well I should probably ask the guy''. Unless the women was arnold schwarzenegger wife and the guy you asked looked like pee wee herman, then I guess you would ask the woman.

and oh, check this out

edit on 27-2-2016 by BlackProject because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I believe you should be paid based on your skill level, or the tickets you have, not the color of your skin or your sex or your religion.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   

LOL YES,

Haha that guy has me cracking up,

reminds me of a quote I saw,

"Chivalry isnt dead, its suffocated by the push for feminism"

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 12:56 AM
link   
dont think is about being equal....both sexes are needed....

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 01:03 AM
link   

I don't believe this pay inequality for women thing people always talk about. It's illegal for one, at least in Canada.

On top of that, I've had over 30 jobs in my life and never once ever were women paid less than men it was always equal.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 01:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: DumpMaster
I don't believe this pay inequality for women thing people always talk about. It's illegal for one, at least in Canada.

On top of that, I've had over 30 jobs in my life and never once ever were women paid less than men it was always equal.

It's a myth — but a stubborn and persistent one.

I'm still waiting to see an official work payslip breaking down the reduction in pay for being female...

edit on 28/2/2016 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 02:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: frostie
Something had to cause a patriarchal social structure... im guessing it stemmed from our ancestors.

Something feminists will never address — the reason why patriarchal structures are overwhelmingly more common than matriarchal ones. Whatever the suggestion, you can count on it being man's fault.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 03:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Now2016
I was raised by a single mother.
She put out the garbage. (Dad)
She worked hard everyday.
She sent us to school with a nutritious packed lunch every day.
She mowed the lawn.
She fixed the leaking taps.
She changed the flat tyre.
Need I go on?

Could not you have put out the garbage, mowed the lawn and at least helped with the flat tire?

P

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 04:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

Trust. It was suppose to be about trust, I got your back, you got mine. I don't know when it became abusive. Human nature i guess.
edit on 28-2-2016 by MOMof3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 05:03 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

I helped out where I could.
I was 5 when mum showed dad the door. I stood on a chair to help wipe the dishes.
I tried to help out with the garbage but made a big mess by dragging the bags and tearing them open.
Me and my very young brothers and sisters gave mum moral support when she changed the flat tyre. She didn't know what she was doing at first but we got there. (trial and error)
We all helped out where we could, but mum was always the champion.
I am a realist and this is the reason why men and women are eternally equal.

Love you mum, here is a song for you.

edit on 28-2-2016 by Now2016 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 06:31 AM
link   

The point is, we don't HAVE to play the hand we are dealt just because we are women. That is an outdated concept.

We have choices. We can stay at home and cook and clean, or we can run a multi-billion dollar corporation, or we can fight in battle. Different women do different things, depending on what their personal choices are. Just like men do.

We can take out the trash, or we can wash the dishes. Our choice - not biology's choice, not society's choice. OUR choice.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

So if a woman makes a choice In her life to say.... Have children.

If having that child impacts her career, men are not the ones to blame.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

What if Mandy decided not to have kids, but makes less than Billy anyway?

Got an example, or just being rhetorical?

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   

What does blame have to do with your OP? Your OP says that women and men will never be equal, cuz biology and stuff.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   

why is it that if a women becomes a parent, her earning potential will go down, employers will naturally expect those children to interfere with her job performance? but if a man becomes a parent it somehow makes him a more dependable, valuable employee in their eyes?
Women's salaries verses men's salaries are close to equal, until children come into the picture. and it has nothing to do with the time lost to deliver the baby, since she may be ten years older than the young male chap they just hired, and have considerably more experience, and yet, they will see that young chap more valuable. they just naturally think that a child in her life will result in more time off work (when the child is sick, when he needs to go to the doctors, when he gets into trouble in school, when a sitter falls through, ect) and well because the wages are lower because of this expectation, well, it's kind of a self full-filling prophecy because well, if dad is make more than mom, then of course it's mom who will be taking on these tasks and her career taking a hit.... it's less costly to the family as a whole!

As more men stand up and take partial responsibility for the childcare and take share with these tasks, eventually, the wages may even out. but till then, ya I know for a fact that mothers are paid less regardless of their skill, their experience, or their dependability. I've experienced it, and I've seen it happen to other women.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

Sure, an anecdotal one.

My husband got a PhD in Chemistry. Right after that, he got a job at Dow Chemical. He worked with a woman who had the same position he had, who had started about 6 months before he did. She also had a PhD in Chemistry. They got to talking about their salaries (an employer's nightmare), and they discovered that she was making less than he was. He was married with 1 kid and another one on the way. She was unmarried with no immediate intention of having kids.

I think she was planning on suing, but my husband left Dow right after that, so he doesn't know how that ended up.

This was in the late 1980's, so it might be better at Dow now. But the fact that it happened at all is atrocious. I'm sure Dow's reasoning was that she was more likely to pop out a kid at some point, so might as well start paying her less now.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join