It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm a realist and sadly here is why men and women will never be equal.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: MOMof3
Did you know they can make sperm from stem cells now? Just food for thought.

Imagine a world without men.

All movies would be sad, but meaningful.
A world where no pickle jars would ever get opened.

A world where no one would ever parallel park.

hahahahahahahahaha

Feminists versus Feminine! Maybe I do have a reason to hang around a bit longer! Hell, I would love to be ghost and see the outcome of that!

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: frostie

When having a child, it's like the poopie cramps for hours sometimes even a whole day. And then if that wasn't bad enough. While that's going on you have to let this huge object rip and tear your vagina apart.

Sure men can probably take a broken leg and hold in the pain but child birth, even after child birth is the curse no man will ever feel

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   

You're cute. No, the man is flawed for not putting his duty/honor before his base desire. The fact that this has to be explained to you implies something...

But for certain it also indicates that the premise of your OP is incorrect. You assert that biology is a woman's greatest liability but you just proved that it's also a man's.

So, it all evens out. Right!?

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I was raised by a single mother.
She put out the garbage. (Dad)
She worked hard everyday.
She sent us to school with a nutritious packed lunch every day.
She mowed the lawn.
She fixed the leaking taps.
She changed the flat tyre.
Need I go on?

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

That reminds me of the Family Guy episode where stewie runs an experiment with the four guys and wipes their memories to see if they can all be best friends again just meeting each other for the first time, and theyre successful in working through obstacles and problems as strangers.

Then he runs the same experiment with the girls and they dont even make it out of the first room without starting a cat fight.

Wanted to find a clip, but with no success.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Temerjohnson

Totally agree! Women are the strongest at the end of the day when it comes to that goey stuff!

When having a child, it's like the poopie cramps for hours sometimes even a whole day. And then if that wasn't bad enough. While that's going on you have to let this huge object rip and tear your vagina apart.

Sure men can probably take a broken leg and hold in the pain but child birth, even after child birth is the curse no man will ever feel

The issue is that this process could cause a women to get behind in her career, alas, making less than a male.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

I was going to reply until you wrote, channeling caveman. Simple, Why go on from there.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Oh poor us men lol, whats up with ats and pity party threads, demanding equality is only logical.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Ha, I see your point.

The mans weakenss to breasts did not stem from biology, but sociology. SOCIETY

The man should not act on his sociological urges. I understand that breasts are not meant to be sexual in nature, but society has evolved to the point where they trigger a reaction from men.

Im sure it evens out, but I dont make the rules, we all do.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Now2016

I'm sure she was a very strong women.

From the OP

Both of us would be perfectly capable of doing each task, but society has chosen preferred roles.

Theres nothing wrong or to be ashamed of, this is just how things fall into

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

"To cut to the chase, Billy is able to raise his family and stay on the job. He will only be absent a few weeks. Mandy will have to carry this child for nine months, then go on maturity leave. Mandy will not be able to be as productive of a worker for some of this time period because of the burden of a pregnancy. "

I worked up til the day I delivered an 8lber, 8.6.lber, then an 11lber. Then I was back at work after six weeks, "a few weeks". Are you a kid?

"She opted to wash the dishes, and I opted to take out the trash.
The female would never want to lug two or three heavy, dirty trash bags out into the dark parking lot at midnight, and I never wanted to wash dishes. Both of us would be perfectly capable of doing each task, but society has chosen preferred roles.

Theres nothing wrong or to be ashamed of, this is just how things fall into place."

I don't know what there is to ashamed of. The old Tom Sawyer trick is classic skill.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Equal OPPORTUNITY --- is not everyone being Equal

Equal Pay for Equal Work has nothing to do with gender.

Not every man is equal to every other man.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: frostie

To cut to the chase, Billy is able to raise his family and stay on the job. He will only be absent a few weeks. Mandy will have to carry this child for nine months, then go on maturity leave. Mandy will not be able to be as productive of a worker for some of this time period because of the burden of a pregnancy.

After repeating the process and having a few kids, Mandy is behind on her tenure and gets it eight years behind Billy.

LOL!!?.... Since when has having a baby lowered a woman's IQ?

A man will never be able to multi task like a woman!!

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   
We are not equal genetically but clearly there are some women that are stronger than men so should they receive less pay for manual work because they are female. Clearly it makes sense to have equal pay and just accept that each sex will be better at different roles.
edit on 26-2-2016 by glend because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   
They are NOT ever meant to be the same. Women are meant to have their children, and to actually be there for them and work only if they have the health to, because when they're older, having gotten them all into school, not all of them are even healthy anymore.

And guess what, the Universe designed the Master Test that way.

We're meant to equalize the situations between people, we're meant to ensure children count, and parenting/motherhood is the most honored profession of all and that we live with Love, Wisdom, Kindness and Equality.

That is the test right in our face and some of us get it from the time we're toddlers ourselves, without anyone telling us a thing, we just know what its about.

You use Equality in a different way than it means. Things aren't equal if they function the same, there would be no need to even have a value that we call Equality, if everyone was on this even playing field already. We'd have had little issues to deal with and there would be no need to invent this vocabulary.

This is a term, ideology and understanding due to the fact that as a school, we're not all doing the same function, its highly specialized with those healthy and those unhealthy, AND we're supposed to create Heaven on Earth and Equalize everyone's situation with great respect for them, not bullying and casting blame but honored for the privilege that in this short practicum called life, we had a chance to grow our abilities and pass to higher grade. So that each person, including that one in need, that needs to have income and home for family provided, is a GIFT to you. You are so grateful for their presence.

Thats what it's all about! Nothing else matters!
edit on 26-2-2016 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

link   
Well, it's complicated.

I used to do research on pay. In the UK male nurses are a small minority of the nursing population, but at the top they are disproportionation represented. Why? Well, the reason is that female nurses have babies and this breaks their careers. A male nurse of the same age has e.g. 30 years experience against (say) 20 years for a female. The more experienced nurses get the top jobs and this means they get paid more.

This is a generalisation, but applies to all professions, although at comparable experience points women and men are paid the same - at least where I am.

Now, pay inequality will remain a fact of life because of the above explanation, but that does not mean women cannot be treated equally. In fact, in my country women have made massive strides to equality. But equality does not need to mean 50% of this, that and the other, it means equal respect and freedom to act. Women will have babies and that will impact their careers - live with it, but don't think it impacts equality.

Like I said, it's complex. While there are cultures that treat women poorly, there will be discrimination and inequality. In the developed and liberal West however, equality is close at worst.

link   
We've been equal since day one, what's made us not equal... Our flawed logic and opinionated thought process normally geared towards the self.

We have and always will be equal, but people believe they have a special case for whatever reason and then act accordingly.

Same reason we have more than enough food on this planet for everyone to eat more than 3 meals a day, yet we have people dying of starvation.

Same reason we have more than enough homes and materials to build more homes, yet people still die from the elements and from not having a safe place to sleep.

Same reason we all breath, bleed and pee yet people are still racist.

It's not that these things are a problem, it's that our way of thinking has been and is flawed and geared towards the self.

It's really sad.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

That requires immense strength,

Yes I am a child,

I've responded to every one with good faith and humor and I made the OP without bias.

So far ive only been met with less than reputable answers. I know this is a sensitive topic and im understand now that I may have presented some of my ideas in a demeaning manner.

I think most readers have assumed im on here to start a war and spread my dreadful thoughts, but im trying to do the exact opposite.

I proposed the main factor in this discussion would be Biology, and hoped for some insight.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

I dont recall stating that it will lower a womens IQ, just possibly make her behind in her career path.

A man will never be able to multi task like a woman!!

This is very true.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I could probably post an essay on this topic, but it would be to no avail. So, I'll just say this...

Any man who thinks he's superior to the female of his species isn't very astute, to say the least, and has much to learn. Unfortunately, most men never will.

new topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join