It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something odd in the Eastern sky last night.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   
First let me set the scene.

It's 11:03 PM, according to my cars clock. I'm driving down a city street to pick up my sister from work.

I notice just to the left of the moon, approx. two finger widths more or less, a very bright light. Since the moon was very bright last night most of the stars were rather dimmer than usual, which is why it caught my attention.

Splitting my attention between the road and the "star" I soon noticed it was moving across the sky. Airplane I thought. But oddly placed in the sky to be landing at our local airport, and rather late at night (but not unheard of) to be commercial.

Then it really started moving. I have no way of knowing its altitude, though I thought at first it might be the ISS (if so, they've way turbo charged it...), or an airplane of some sort at low altitude. Given the way it flat disappeared going west? I've no idea what it was.

I live in SW Washington state, Walla Walla to be more precise.

I've no idea what it is. It was most definitely an Unidentified Flying Object.

If anyone else saw this last night, can you identify it? I know we have several members in this area...

I checked with MUFON last night, but no one had reported anything untoward at that time...

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   
minute man launch at 1101pm lastnight I just read...possibly thats what you saw.

a reply to: seagull

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: hiddenNZ

That hadn't occurred to me, thanks. But I don't believe that's what it was. Vandenberg is many hundred of miles away...and according to their little blurb, it was a flawless test to Kwajelien Atoll in the Pacific Test Range.

That would be totally cool, though!

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   

greetings from Washington State also!! Have you reported it to nuforc.org yet? They are current with reports up to Feb. 19th. You may wish to or not.

edit on 26pm29pm5091 by data5091 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Your sighting may show up here but it's a one man operation with hundreds of reports coming in and Peter Davenport tries to vet every report for reliability before posting. Others may have already reported it to the website but he's not been able to address it yet.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Have you ruled Jupiter out?

It was shinng very bright, just left to the moon here in the uk a couple of nights ago. Maybe if you were in your car driving it could have appeared to be moving ?

Just a guess.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   

I would report it to Mufon and NUFORC and keep an eye out on both pages because sometimes people report a day or 2 later, and NUFORC post things a few days later.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: fenian8

That was my first thought. That it was Jupiter, but then I could see it moving in relation to the Moon.

...and then it's wasn't there, at all. ...and Jupiter was right where it belonged, but it wasn't any where near as bright as this "whatever it was" was.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Staroth

I've got both of those bookmarked for future checks.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: data5091

Reported it on MUFON.

We'll see what comes of it.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I live in Ventura and we saw real strange stuff in the sky last night a little after 11p. we knew VAFB was scheduled to launch a Minuteman III... but the trajectory didn't really look like a missile. it seemed to stop at one point, and switch directions a couple times. could just be a trick of the eyes though, who knows.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   
hi everyone im a ne member been lurking for a few yesrs this post intrests me on thursday night10.30gmt i was having my last cigarette of the evening on the porch looking at the sky get a very good view of orion im in sussex uk i saw a bright likght left of the moon we see the space station quite a lot first i thought it might of been that but you could make out a white circle and two long lines above and below i showed it to my partner then ten minutes later it was gone from view could this e the same object?

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: hiddenNZ

I watched that launch. Beautiful view of it from my house on the coast in OC. Love those.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Most likely explanation is that it was an aircraft coming in to land with it headlights full on. Seen it a few times myself - from 30 miles away from an airport, but just in the right place at the right time. A wtf moment until you realise what it is.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   

I would still also post it to nuforc.org. They have now updated reports to the 24th. Based on your sighting which I think would have been on the 25th, yes, did not see any from your area. There was a sighting post however from Spokane which was described as a bright star like object that crossed the sky. That was posted on 2/24.
edit on 27pm29pm5091 by data5091 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27pm29pm5091 by data5091 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: data5091

actually nurforc is current up to the 26th of Feb. Not the 24th as I posted.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Contacted mufon via their report function/forum.

Got an e-mail invite to discuss with one of their investigators, probably tomorrow night, over the phone.

Do they always contact, or did my description intrigue enough to make them want to investigate? Kinda curious to see where this goes...men in black? Flashy memory thingee?

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   

oooohhhhh interesting...

new topics

top topics

join