It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada's Medical Marijuana Users Win The Right To Grow Their Own

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Well, this is GREAT news for our friends in Canada! I am thinking that in the near future, the medical miracle will be available nation wide here in the U.S.

In A recent conversation with a fellow business owner- I found out that he has partnered with a few other investors and has (3) green houses in Portland, their first crop in June will bring in millions, while providing housing and jobs- Is this not free enterprise economics and Reaganomics?

Medical marijuana patients in Canada can legally grow their own cannabis, the country's Federal Court ruled Wednesday.

Justice Michael Phelan struck down the medical marijuana regulations that went into effect in 2014, ruling them unconstitutional. The ruling is suspended for six months, during which time the government has to come up with new laws, the CBC reported.

Four British Columbia residents had challenged the regulations, which said patients could only get marijuana by purchasing it from licensed producers. (Just before the law took effect in April 2014, the court allowed people already authorized to possess medical marijuana to continue growing it at home until the constitutional challenge was settled.)

“His historic decision represents a nearly complete victory for patients using medical cannabis in Canada," Kirk Tousaw, a lawyer representing the four patients, told the Vancouver Sun.

Canadas Medical Marijuana users win right....

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

I think this is an extension on last years overturning of the Conservatives attempt to reorganise the Medical MJ rules in order to reward crony capitalists with billion dollar grow and sell licences....
The Liberals don't seem to be deviating from the policy...rearranging the beneficiaries to their own benefit....
They put a friggin cop in charge of legalization for Christs sake..... its the same old raszzle dazzle rip off.....
As a registered MJ patient for several years now ....its pissing me off...and ripping me off....

edit on 26-2-2016 by bandersnatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   
That is fantastic news!

Go Justin Trudeau Go!

It's only a matter of time now until it is completely legalized.

Does anyone know the restrictions on growing? I realize it's for people who are prescribed it medicinally, but is there a specific strain or seeds or what have you?

I was looking into medicinal marijuana production several years ago, but they hinted that the seeds needed to come from specific sources, and only two strains were allowed, and they were all garbage in comparison to other strains which have been proven to me much more medically beneficial.

Hopefully it has more freedom than that

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Fantastic news. Now that Ghost147 mentions it I also really want to know about restrictions on strains, sources of seeds, etc. If anyone here can enlighten that would be amazing. I will try to do some digging anyway though

S & F ReadLeader, thanks for the share!

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   
good. all steps forward vis-a-vis this subject are to be applauded.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   

The time has come for the years of oppression to end!

The notion that this dried herb is a danger and needs to be criminalized is cut off from reality in every way shape and form. People deserve their medicine and environmentally we deserve our resource.

top topics

join