It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Using Neurostimulation to Train Pilots: Tank? I need a pilot program for a Bell...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Alright. I'm...blinking pretty hard. They state they successfully trained novice pilots using the neurostimulation and had a 30% improvement in performance over those who had not.

o.O

Here's the PR for the above:

www.eurekalert.org...

The paper is located here:

journal.frontiersin.org...

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: anzha

As opposed to a flight simulator, a flight emulator?

Don't know about messing with the training regimen of peoples brains by inducing stimulus that normally wouldn't be there. If I get that right. Might help improve training but if an engram is imposed what happens during a real in flight emergency?

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Screw the damn flying instructions!

I want to be a ninja that can make souffle and is an expert in every known variation of the Kama Sutra.

When we are done with the necessities...than I will learn how to fly.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

There will need to be A LOT of study before this gets turned loose into the wild.

I keep hearing "I know kung fu" when I read the paper.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Yeah this is old tech...they worked the details out on the 9/11 arabs.....
Not really.....what else can they program us for?
Concert pianists?
Neuro surgeons/
Perhaps they'll refine it so much they'll be able to have everyone do everything in exactly the same fashion.....????just a thought....UGH.
edit on 26-2-2016 by bandersnatch because: (no reason given)

You don't think this is how they train the"Sports Model" test pilots do you?
Maybe this is the offshoot of alien/ human interface.....

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: bandersnatch

I would think this is a refined version, really really refined version, of electroshock therapy, if you really want to get down to it.

I think this might be the inverse of the newer memory removable tech is:

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   
The impression I have is they directly transmit previous pattern stim from already professional reflexes no?
Wiping memory could be more like broadcasting counter wave forms to cancel selected targets?

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   

To be perfectly honest, I am not sure. They say 'novice pilots' and that's a really, really fuzzy concept. That could be total noob or someone who has taken a basic class and actually flown or someone who has their pilot's license, but not flown much.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   
That phrase flashed a picture of 19 arabs in me head.....

This technology is not premature and has an ongoing history of roots in the Mind Kontrol of the Nazis....
probably further back than that.....
They are playing with a different form of "nuclear energy" that could turn humanity on its head so to speak....
Though painted with great altruism, this kind of research has very a negative bottom side.......
I shudder to think of it.....and even that may be programmed....
Think of convergence that's going to take place over time....
Even things like gaming, the Wii, heads up helmets,apache fire control linkage, its all CONVERGING with the stuff you have posted....
The total will be pretty un stoppable.....and coming to a neighbourhood near us sooner than later....

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   

You are aware of the direct mind to mind work, right?

abcnews.go.com...

or controlling another's body, right?

www.usatoday.com...

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Ahh food for thought...thanks for the meal...

I certainly expected these developments were perhaps more developed and stashed away by the MIC, to some extent
I feel we are very much behind the Darpa Black Programs....
I shall peruse these and perhaps return to pass comment....ciao

Wilbert Smith claimed to have had telepathic contact INITIATED by electronically augmented means...but once ESTABLISHED....it was a permanent connection requiring no further augmentation....
I have been awaiting such technology to be "discovered" ever since....

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 07:23 AM
link   

I see that some people are waaaay behind in knowledge of this area. The whole field is more or less about the use of sophisticated TENS devices that became popular with do-it-yourselfers. I have a unit from the early 1970s. The improvements were done most in the shadows and greatly advanced when personal EEG units became popular for a limited crowd of daring users. Biofeedback or in this instance, neurofeedback and neurotraining are nothing to sneer at these days. These devices come is several different types. Gamers, and fuzzy-headed old folks such as me, find them very effective and they are not very expensive.

Here is a link to a company that I use:'

Source: www.foc.us...

edit on 27-2-2016 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: anzha
a reply to: intrptr

There will need to be A LOT of study before this gets turned loose into the wild.

I keep hearing "I know kung fu" when I read the paper.

Dodging bullets aside…

Just committing instruction or manuals to memory isn't going to make one an expert anymore than reading notes makes one a musician.

Practice, practice, practice is what builds neuro paths to proficiency.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Messing with memory centers of the brain......

I'll wait till it's perfected.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 12:06 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackfinger

LOL not the smoothest flight paths but I wonder if they are mapping for better neural networks

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

Nope. They want the abiility to control machines with just the mind. Pretty much make any machine an extension of the body:

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

As brain stimulation finds non-medical uses, now is the time to consider its implications.

It is a cautionary tale for twenty-first-century medicine. Late last year, neurosurgeons in the United States reported odd symptoms in three of their patients. Well into their sixties and seventies, these people complained of headaches, nausea, unstable balance, weak legs, low blood pressure and falling down. Chest X-rays revealed the problem. Two devices implanted into their chests — a pacemaker to help their failing hearts and a battery unit that powered electrodes buried deep inside their heads to control the signature tremors of Parkinson’s disease — had been placed too close together. One machine was interfering with the functioning of the other (M. Sharma et al. Basal Ganglia 6, 19–22; 2016).

www.nature.com...

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   

One last post here.

blogs.discovermagazine.com...

new topics

top topics

join