It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

H.W. Bush makes throat slash gesture before debate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   
The poor, sickly former POTUS who was in the audience for last night's debate makes throat slash gesture before it starts. I guess it was his signal to attack Trump, which Rubio did. And every time Rubio attacked Trump he'd look into the camera and smile akin to "look mommy, I just made poopie in the potty like a big boy".

HW throat slash
vine.co...

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

I think he was suggesting we "cut" social security and veterans' benefits, since those are the big problems with our government spending

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   
H.W. is watching his New World Order disintegrate.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Different eyes. Different opinions.

My impression was that he didn't want the attention on himself but on the stage.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Surprised he didn't shape shift during one of Trumps tantrums and leap on stage and eat everyone.

That would've been a good debate to watch

edit on 26-2-2016 by EmmanuelGoldstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: ClownFish
Different eyes. Different opinions.

My impression was that he didn't want the attention on himself but on the stage.

If that's the reason, very humble of him. Like the day when JFK was killed and he couldn't remember where he was. Because he didn't want the attention after he was pictured in Dallas.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   

I hear you. I didn't say I was a fan of his. I was just caught up on the technicality of how different people can see the same thing and yet see different things.

I didn't mean to bump the thread. I'm still learning and think I figured out the symbol that hints at the thread subject too late. Sorry, carry on...

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: ClownFish

I was by no means impugning your interlretation of things. It was probably an innocuous gesture. It's just everything they do is orchestrated and done for a reason. Like Dubya used to give the Texas Longhorn gesture which was innocent enough but I'm sure his involvement in Yale's Skull and Bones made him aware it was also a satanic gesture.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Thank you! I appreciate that. I am sure I am naive in ways beyond measure. I am too simple to even consider such complicated gestures but I will try to wise up in this regard.

We were invited to a lunch with a most interesting couple the other day, and I had told my husband to keep his leg close in case I needed to kick him under the table. But then he sat on my left, and I had to laugh because I didn't have the coordination to be able to deliver a left angled kick. So, I just made a joke of it at the table and he suggested that I kick the lady to my right, and she could kick her husband to her right, and he could kick my husband, so that he got the message.

As you can see, I'd positively suck at being a spy. Anyway, thanks for the comment.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Well Mr Bush how did your throat slash gesture help you?

It didn't, Trump held his ground very well, while Rubio and Crews were behaving like crybabies in their sandpit. I love it!

The Republican Party destroyed their own Party way before Trump decided to run for Presidency.

I hope Trump wins.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Informer1958

It didn't, Trump held his ground very well, while Rubio and Crews were behaving like crybabies in their sandpit. I love it!

The Republican Party destroyed their own Party way before Trump decided to run for Presidency.

I hope Trump wins.

Much to some people's chagrin, Trump will win. If not as a Republican (because the estaishment conservatives are doing all they can to get rid of him, including planning a brokered convention), then he'll run as an Independent.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: Informer1958

I hope Trump wins.

Much to some people's chagrin, Trump will win. If not as a Republican (because the estaishment conservatives are doing all they can to get rid of him, including planning a brokered convention), then he'll run as an Independent.

That's why I think we (all of us-republicans, independents, democrats) need to prop up Sanders to make sure Hillary Doesn't win the Democratic primary. Because if she beats Sanders, and Trump Runs independent-against Cruz or Rubio. Then Hillary Wins. Logically speaking, wouldn't we rather have Sanders as president over Hillary? No matter what our Political leanings are? Just my thoughts, but I've been thinking this for a while.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Would be interesting to know at what point this happened, because the gesture I see is typically: Call it, it's over, that's enough. The end kind of thing. Did a candidate make a particularly good/bad point then?
edit on 26-2-2016 by Jonjonj because: spelling

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj
Would be interesting to know at what point this happened, because the gesture I see is typically: Call it, it's over, that's enough. The end kind of thing. Did a candidate make a particularly good/bad point then?

It was before the debate started.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

Would be interesting to know at what point this happened

If I recall correctly, this happened at the point between the announcement that the debate was about to begin and the portion where the candidates were taking their positions. The announcer took that moment to bring attention to the fact that the Bush's were in the house and the camera turned on them. He waived to the crowd and received a huge applause, and then made that "throat cut" motion when the crowd would not stop clapping and cheering, while his wife also nodded to the cameras with a type of wave, that that was enough, and move on.

But again, that was my memory and take on it. I wasn't paying that much attention. Hope that helps.

edit on 26-2-2016 by ClownFish because: Sorry, he types faster than I do!

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ClownFish

Ok thanks, seems like the person who said he just wanted the camera off him nailed it then.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   
The Arch demon continues to thrive.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   
If nothing else HW looks more like Stephen Hawking every time I see him.

top topics

join