It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meet the B-21

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Zaphod

Boeing will be asked to build their LRS-B in limited quanities and also the B-1R and may even get the whole LRSB contract afterall.

Everything else is old and failing apart.

The B-21 is a total let-down and im guessing congress will kill it. Nobody is going to want to fund B-2 revision 1.1, plain and simple. 550M a frame and its nothing new, literally.

Boeing knows they might actually get this contract when they send their lobbyists out in massive beast mode to say, LOOK LOOK, this is just a new B-2, LOOK what we got!!!

Northrup will never build this bomber. Mark my words, this is now dead and the photo is proof.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: BigTrain

I'm almost willing to place a monetary bet on that one, BT.

Boeing is not going to build its LRS-B. They might get something else, but not that.

The Boner is never going to happen. Really.

I suspect there will be another large airframe contract coming up for Boeing, but it won't be anything like this.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: anzha

Congress is NOT funding this. Period. Not now. Huge let down. Huge Failure. All show, no go.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Wow. Not a chance in hell. The B-21 will be built and will enter service. What you're so confident is going to happen has never happened yet. Boeing lost. Period. Their aircraft will not be built for this program, and probably not for any other either. No matter what you think about it, it wasn't a lot different from this one in the end.

Congress won't kill it, because unlike us, they already know what it's capable of. There's a better chance that the sixth generation fighter will be powered by fusion reactors and have antigravity than your prediction coming true. You have no clue about the technology on this aircraft.
edit on 2/26/2016 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   

A for effort but I'm afraid there is no talking sense into some of the more illogical on these boards.
edit on 26-2-2016 by Sammamishman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   

And the Boeing bomber wasn't any faster. So you're mach 5 bomber wouldn't happen with them either. Sorry but it's getting funded and built.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   
This is an interesting read concerning the bomber and other bits as well,

www.af.mil...
edit on 26-2-2016 by Sammamishman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   
From what we've now seen, I can't imagine the Boeing/LockMart bomber would have looked very different

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackDog10

It looked completely different than any other aircraft.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   

or like this?
forum.keypublishing.com...

either way, the northrop one looks like a b2 replacement. the Lockheed one looks, to me, more like a Bone replacement. I'd figure we'd need both. oh and a f-117/111 replacement. and some quick response tactical bombing if I were allowed to make the decisions.

[]edit on 26-2-2016 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-2-2016 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-2-2016 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

That's.... something else.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 10:52 PM
link   

That looks a B2 had sex with a Blackbird and this was the offspring

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Oh she is just gorgeous and it isn't even the real thing yet. I caught this on FA this morning heading out for work and figured it had to be posted by now. So the B-21 it is, maybe "the Bat"? Best part is it doesn't resemble any of the other mystery craft spotted in the last couple of years so there as still a few more to come.

I about as surprised as you are after reading the first couple of comments, we all knew she wouldn`t be the hypersonic terror everyone wanted to know exists. But a more capable, less expensive, easier to maintain B-2 type aircraft. Going to miss the Spirit when the time comes though and looks like the end is not to far off.
edit on 26-2-2016 by StratosFear because: Forgot to dot the "T"s and cross the "I"s

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   

lrs-b will be based off of prior proven technology? looks to me like the bomber family keeps growing, or is bigger than originally thought.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 11:18 PM
link   
With China getting so cockey about "owning" the South China Sea, little Kim kicking up sand and Russia trying to start another Cold War, I would not be surprised in the least to hear of more "demonstrations" like Kansas and Amarillo with some of the other goodies laying around Edwards and Groom. The little drawing of the B-21 may be just the start.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 11:19 PM
link   

There's no way that supersonic thing would cost the same as what we've seen. The Boeing NGB concepts are incredibly similar.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   

What other project has been discussed that is like a bomber but isnt, and is like a fighter but isnt? You know that role the F-15E sort of does but cannot completely due to lack of EW capabilities? To the best of my knowledge it wont be dumping fuel externally into the afterburners this time but will still do everything else WAY better.

originally posted by: Sammamishman

...and for some time now.

But you told them who is cool though right...RIGHT!?
edit on 26-2-2016 by StratosFear because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackDog10

That was the Next Generation Bomber. That was the Boeing/Lockheed concept. They went a different route. It wasn't supersonic though.
edit on 2/26/2016 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: StratosFear

I dunno. what?

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 11:39 PM
link   

How about a contender for the F-111/F-117 replacement? I thought the comment about dumping fuel into the burners would have been a dead giveaway.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join