It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meet the B-21

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: anzha

HA! Cenciotti used the image I made again.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I hope they do a better job coding the avionics then.

foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com...

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

*cue paranoid voice*

So they ARE watching us...

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: darksidius

It's complicated. Don't worry about too much.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   

...and for some time now.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Ok for that I m confident with the USAF
edit on 26-2-2016 by darksidius because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-2-2016 by darksidius because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: darksidius
a reply to: BASSPLYR
Why we don't see it ? I never see something like that why using the same old technology if there is lot more cool thing why ?

OK you gotta help me out here. Don't see WHAT?

If you mean our new technology? We flew what ever that thing in wichita for everybody to see. Except for some they tried but had to wait for the pictures. Which basically demonstrated more than just the new plane. We flew again that whatever it is in Amarillo. We showed the "SR-72" only it wasn't it was something a little more menacing. I personally made a big deal out of whatever it was they were nice enough to fly at low altitudes doing neato stuff right over a major metropolis and my house.

Excluding what I saw. that's 4 new super duper planes and another good to have technology. All in one year! We show off and some folks simmer down. We might need to flex more muscles though I agree. Some nations are more dense than others and need a little more persuasion and intimidation.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Do you know if it gives them a more accurate yaw as opposed to standard tail rudders ? I'd imagine being a bomber they'd want yaw as accurate as possible in order to perfectly line up on target ?

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

I'm thinking most munitions dropped except for dumb bombs are able to self adjust and correct their flight while enroute to the target.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Plus tail rudders aren't really conducive to low RCS.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Agreed. Plus Fluedic Thrust Vectoring too.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I was wondering the other day, after fat boy Kim made yet another threat, if the US would ever overfly NK with its B2's, purely theoretical OK, nothing to do with political fall out.

Would they be confident enough in the tech and tactics that the B2 would survive against a modern air defence? (I don't know if it has a modern one so maybe assume it has Russia's latest), like I said, technology vs technology, not reasons why they wouldn't which I get.

Imagine the message it would send if a few B2 could do that.

And now I am thinking, if a B2 can do that, and this thing has an even smaller RCS, how awesome is this thing, nothing can touch the B2 and yet this is the B2+100.

Truly the US are masters of the bleeding edge of technology.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   
We'll be old grey haired men or worm food by the time the "cool sci-fi stuff" is unveiled.

We should just be happy to see what we do I guess. There's no reason to show off your latest and greatest when you've got stuff that works just fine.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

Yaw control is very accurate. The B-2 in peacetime uses the clamshells at "5x5" meaning they are always open at 5 degrees for control response, but when penetrating hostile airspace they are buttoned up at zero and the jet uses differential thrust to maintain yaw control. It's seamless, and requires no movement of the throttles. Think flat turns, as banking a flying wing in a high threat area is a major no-no. The B-21 will be no different in that regard. This is one of those "mature technologies" that is being carried over.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Boeing got something out of this. SecAF called the Boeing CEO and their talk "softened their resolve". She gave them something.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I wonder what this makes of the B-2 now, if the B-2 could do anything this couldn't do.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackDog10

The B-2 will be nuke capable while I don't think the B-21 will be, at least initially. I think the B-2 will still be longer ranged and have a heavier payload.
edit on 26-2-2016 by Sammamishman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   

They're still debating the nuclear mission on the -21. I'm not sure where it stands right now but they've been going back and forth for a few months about it.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Bet the roll it back in.

The Bone has gotta go. The B-52 is getting old. And B-2, while good, is too few.

Sweetman spoke up. Only thing he said was the B-21 is derived from the RQ-180:

aviationweek.com...

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   

The Bone hasn't been nuclear capable in 20 years. They're going to put it in at some point, they just aren't sure if they're going to go that route from the start or add it later.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join