It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meet the B-21

page: 38
<< 35  36  37   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 11:39 PM
link   
One month after the 3x mystery aircraft flying in formation were sighted over Texas in 2014, a group of B-2's flew over the same location in the same formation, also leaving contrails. Then, there was was claims that this was unusual for B-2s and was used simply as a cover - so that then the USAF could then claim that the mystery aircraft were B-2s. I think this was a little far fetched - aviation spotters are not the center of the universe.

I ran into some newer photos of B-2's flying in this formation in daylight hours, in Colorado, taken 3/7/2017 (M/D/YYYY). Here is the link. Here is another video of the same thing in 2012.

Aside: No idea what the "UFO" is in the link is and isn't what I am discussing.

Thus it would appear that:
i. The same thing has happened again, or,
ii. This formation is not unusual for the B-2.
(more options may exist)

I go with option ii.

Question. Why do aircraft fly in this formation?

Also I wonder if this NUFORC sighting is related to this?

Also is this the right thread?
edit on 7/4/17 by C0bzz because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/4/17 by C0bzz because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/4/17 by C0bzz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Sorry this is off topic but the first type of plane they accused the Syrians of chemical bombing was an SU22,this has special munitions which are not amenable to being filled with chemicals,then it was a helicopter which seems ungainly deploying chemical weapons from one of those,finally the aircraft became SU24's which is a possible I suppose,I always thought chemical weapons were more of an artillery weapon but can they be deployed from planes?

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: khnum

All a chemical weapon is, is a bomb that has the HE warhead replaced with chemicals. Any aircraft can carry them. The Su-22 can carry any weapon in the Russian inventory, so there's no reason it can't.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Thanks a certain middle east publication gave me the wrong information

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: khnum

Yeah, I've seen it repeated in multiple articles. But if you look on reputable sites, they were cleared to carry several of the missiles, CBUs, and a bunch of others.

The problem with having aircraft specific weapons, is that you have to buy a bunch of different weapons, and if you use more in theater you can't just take from another stockpile. It would make it a logistical nightmare.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 02:37 AM
link   
The 2014 Texas sighting is still a mystery.

new topics

top topics

<< 35  36  37   >>

join