It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meet the B-21

page: 37
<< 34  35  36   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: BigTrain

What Zaph said, but just to add. Bigtrain , you are assuming that an aircraft taking off leads to a prediction of both strike time and more importantly location.

Tankers, longer loiter times and FOBs mean that it's very easy to confuse an enemy if required. Also, think about this...If I were the enemy and the only indication that I had that a strike was imminent was the launch of the B-21 from it's home base, I'd have to launch every defensive squadron around every potential target every time they launched. If I'm China and this is happening at night (even perhaps daylight)....i'm screwed! If I'm North Korea....i'm screwed whenever this is happening. If I'm Russia, or an annexed state I'm screwed. Hell there would be generals ordering squadron launches just for giggles!

It's simple, supersonic means you can see it, hear it, and detect it from plenty of range to vector in fighters and engage. Game over.

If you can't see it...literally....and you can't detect it and you can't hear it and you don't know where it's heading and when it's going to get there please explain to me how you engage it?

Cheers
Robbie

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: stratsys-sws

"It's simple, supersonic means you can see it, hear it, and detect it from plenty of range to vector in fighters and engage. Game over. "

Maybe thats not the case so much anymore.

"If you can't see it...literally...." ☺ 😈☺

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: BigTrainSpeed doesn't mean invulnerability.

Especially in a day and age when the most advanced SAM systems in development by the USA, China, Russia, The UK/Germany/France, and Israel are ALL designed around boost and midcourse-phase kinetic kills of ICBMs/SLBMs/IRBMs and satellite kills.

Compared to the velocities involved in taking down a satellite or ICBM, even the Green Lady looks like a Cessna 150.

<< 34  35  36   >>

join