It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 battery life issues

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Before Thanksgiving I cracked the screen and had it replaced. Since then my phone battery life is drained quick. I bought a new battery and that did next to nothing. I took the extra memory chip out and restarted to see if that glitched it. Nope.

I have maybe 90 minutes of battery life if I surf the net when it says 100% DOWN.

Any ideas? I dropped coin into a new screen and don't want to just upgrade.

My carrier is Sprint. If that matters.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: hibbity

Do a hard reset/manufacturer reset...back up pictures on the cloud...you may have a funky program using up too much power...bet it works after that..

My coworker had the same issue but i was able to switch batteries and her battery charged fine on my samsung..she did a reset and all was well.

edit on 26-2-2016 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Ummm...I have the note 3 as well...even though my phones a year old it's still humming along nicely...cant for the life of me figure out why I bought a 32 gig memory expansion chip for it though...

I doubt it's your carrier...Although I use AT&T...Maybe you just need to re-boot the ios...I know it's a real pain in the whatevers to do that...if you do back everything up into the cloud or onto your memory chip before you try it though...
Your apps will be fine although you might have to re-download some of them...

I've dropped mine so many times I've lost track...but I also bought the tempered glass screen cover and protective flip case for it...So far the only damage has been to the case and not the phone...

Hope this helps...

Edit to add:...I always turn off my data when I'm not using it...It keeps the apps from updating in the background...

YouSir

edit on 26-2-2016 by YouSir because: I felt the need...

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   
My wife and I bought Galaxy s4s at the same time. Must be about 2 1/2 to 3 years ago.
Her battery life has been far worse than mine. We even replaced the battery recently and it still drains much faster than mine.
We have our settings set in a similar manner.
The usage app shows her screen uses much of her battery power but not so much on mine.
Maybe it's a screen flaw? We are at a loss to figure this one out.
New I phones soon.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Been having same issues with my Galaxy Ace! As soon as I connect to Internet the Battery just drops straight to near death.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Have you turned off data and wi-fi ?

Try it for a day with all the available power saving modes on ...

?

ETA: I have two good batteries now ...

edit on 26-2-2016 by Timely because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

maybe it's because of the way you charge your phones?

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Yep, I would try a hard reset. Remove any downloadable themes, if you have them.

Your signal quality can have a huge effect on battery life. If you only have 1 or 2 bars of reception, the phone works overtime to connect, especially in 4g mode. Add to that, the GPS receiver and other sensors

I run with everything disabled, unless needed. When surfing, I disable data and use wifi when available.

There are power widgets you can drop on your home screen, if you didn't already know, that make it real easy to toggle on the needed functions. Also kill the carriers location function and set to stand alone gps. The carrier location services bounces off all the towers using your cell radio and drains the batt as it constantly tracks you, this draw gets worse as the signal lowers.

If you go to settings, then battery, it monitors your usage, then reports what is using up batt life.

Also, my phone would be dead in an hour at its brightest screen setting, especially with the constant on while surfing.
It is always the highest drain on the battery report.

I'm typing this on a note5 and have lost 5% doing it, because its bright here.

edit on 2 by Mandroid7 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2 by Mandroid7 because: added to

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I had the note 3 and have the note 4. I have experienced the same on both. There is so much running in the background you need to cut everything down to the minimum.

Also using the fast charger causes problems. It causes the battery to overheat and thus drains faster. You are advised to only charge when you are not using the phone.

Finally I've went through around 20 usb cables due to the overhearing problem. The usb cables don't handle the fast charger at all.

So basically have the screen to minimum brightness and end all useless apps. Things like peel remote are pretty heavy going.

top topics

join