It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYC Comedy Festival: Straight White Men $25, All Others $19.25

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: maria_stardust
A group of women organizing a COMEDY event, SATIRIZES a sadly long standing social issue by MIMICING the socio-economic disparity of gender inequality, is quite frankly, hilarious.

Reading the over-the-top, seething anger aimed at these obviously evil feminists intent in destroying all that is good in the world is not so funny.

If you all are getting up in arms over a $5.75 discrepancy for a submission application fee, then try to imagine how women feel for being paid significantly less wages than their male counterparts for the same job.

Oh, the irony!

So would the men get to pay less for the ticket if they got to spend 9 minutes out of every hour sitting at home? After all, they would be spending less time actually in the audience, surely they should get some money knocked off for all the time they're missing?

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: IShotMyLastMuse

originally posted by: IShotMyLastMuse
When trying to be edgy there is a risk of falling off the edge, and this is a clear example of that.

i'll just drop this here...

What exactly did you mean by, "risk of falling off the edge". I thought Bill Burr's bit in the video was great.
edit on 27-2-2016 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I'm a straight white male and I stopped looking at the price of things a long time ago. If I want something I just get it so in this case whether I pay 19 or 25 I don't care, but then I would need to actually want to go...lol

I say let them make their statement, maybe it will cost them in the end as people who would want to go just don't. I would think they should also say if you make under 30k it is free, but then they would not make their money they clearly want.

The 20 million Straight White Males that are below or very close to the poverty line I guess get it from all directions...lol

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I think that cinder block that damaged the founder damaged his brain too, this is plain as day racism against whites. White lives matter!

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ghostrager
a reply to: Athetos

It use to just be "White Privilege", then females got a pass and it was "White Male Privilege", then gays got a pass and now it's "Straight White Male Privilege"

Give it time and these kooks will be discriminating against more than sexuality, race and gender.

I'm thinking "Straight White Blue/Blonde Tall Muscular Males, with a good Hairline" will be the new privileged class lol

After all, I'm sure the libs are sensitive to the "follicly/weight/height challenged" who are discriminated against.

You have no idea how close to reality you already getting:
www.irishmirror.ie...

edit on America/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoSat, 27 Feb 2016 15:30:38 -06001620162America/Chicago by everyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

I'm not too sure about that. I feel it's materialism that's going to doom us all. Prejudicial people, including but absolutely not limited to feminists, are stuck in the material world. This is where souls go to die. Concerned only of the physical make up of what they have issue with while not taking a further look to understand the deeper happenings as to why things are the way they are.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 03:01 AM
link   
If women really want equality then lets see some mixed MMA or mixed olympics... As no women would ever make the grade they can then start to focus on being mothers again and get back in the kitchen! :p

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: ghostrager
So a bunch of women think there isn't enough diversity in their crowds. Maybe hire a more diverse line up of entertainers, instead of whoever is bringing in all these bearded white folks. This is stupid feminism. What's the point of advocating for equality for everyone then make bearded white dudes pay more? I dont't know anything about statistics but I'm sure white women have it better than women of color. And probably men of color. So where's their racial pay gap difference.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: maria_stardust

"If you all are getting up in arms over a $5.75 discrepancy for a submission application fee, then try to imagine how women feel for being paid significantly less wages than their male counterparts for the same job. "

Or the fact that items of clothing very often also cost more. I had to pay $5 more for a pair of plastic like boots to muck around in the yard. Identical to the men's, but smaller. I asked the clerk. She said they're priced higher because they're women's. I've bought small men's tee shirts because they're half the price for the same thing. $50 less for snow pants by buying large boy size.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join