It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYC Comedy Festival: Straight White Men $25, All Others $19.25

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Holy effective trolling.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: maria_stardust

I like how you assume is sarcasm and not stupidity, did you see that the organizers are all woman, it seems like a good representation of society to begin with, all comedians are woman after all.

No ma'am I was born in the post equality world, in the 60s feminism may had a point, now equality just mean quoatas that affect men, buy hey don't say anything it does not matter that in your 20 phd lab there are 3 males, that is just equal and you are a pig that will do better that those woman

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: ghostrager

It's just a subversion tactic.

They want to overthrow "gender norms", so they take a "hypocritical stance" to try and change "gender norm" to "gender hypocritical".

They hope that, when the dust settles, their immorality will no longer be condemned, but be seen as "equal" to what is righteous.

It is subversion into perversion.

-subterfuge

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

Satire, not sarcasm -- there is a difference.

Honestly, I couldn't make sense of the rest of your post.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   
The aclu is obviously going to speak out about the blatant gender bias right?

I choked a bit writing that one.....

I'm going to write a stern letter of protest to the NBA for having a completely black all star team too. Just because they earned their spots doesn't mean whites shouldn't be represented....ugg.
That works for the oscars.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   

I'm not an English speaker and when I get mad I make less sence.

Tldr, us born in the last 30 years feel the effect of equality where you don't have the same possibilities that a woman because the implementation of it was not everybody is the same and more like this spot have to be filled by woman.

edit on 26-2-2016 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   
And my wife wonders why I'm always angry!!

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Big deal. Like Playboy Bunny clubs, stag or bachelor parties and wife swapping (remember days of old?), you don't go to those parties if you're not like minded.

Like who purposely goes to a gay bar if they're not gay?

To each their own, but hey… to each their own.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Sadly, gender pay gap does exist. I have witnessed and experienced it first hand.

you are just so wrong
www.washingtonexaminer.com...
www.wsj.com...
www.huffingtonpost.com...

shall i go on?

the fact you are a super mod is disconcerting

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

Opportunities abound for all. Yet, the path to grasping those opportunities is harder to obtain for some than others. That's just the lay of the land and fairness has absolutely nothing to do with it.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Hopefully the organizers are sued back into the sewers the crept out of.

I don't. Everyone has the right to associate with and to serve/refuse service to who they please. I have no more problem with these folks than I do with folks declining to bake a cake for someone.... and the rest of us are free to "vote" with our feet (and our dollars).

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

A puzzle. If a man claims to be either gay or non-white, how do they know when he's lying?

Seems to me that's part of the joke. You can claim to be anything other than a straight white male and get the discount price.

I'd claim to be an asexual mongolian cyborg. And, I'm none of those. But it would be funny. And I'm sure that I wouldn't be challenged.

-dex

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Another_Nut

While what I witnessed and experienced is strictly anecdotal, that does not mean gender pay equality does not or has not existed.

Nor does my status as a super mod have any bearing on the topic. Nice bit of deflecting!

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Hopefully the organizers are sued back into the sewers the crept out of.

This reminds me of a post that got almost 100 stars once which I'll paraphrase below to avoid identifying the original:

"Couldn't just go to a different baker? No, better to sue someone to force them to bake a cake for you."

Two wrongs don't make a right? How wrong do we as a society believe discrimination REALLY IS when Ted Cruz can be a featured speaker at a "religious liberties conference" hosted by Kevin "Stone the gays" Swanson and not one of his fellow candidates have called him out for it in a debate nor have the "liberal MSM" or even a single GOP voter in a town hall held him to task?

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

I starred you for at least being ideologically consistent!

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

By your logic, man's interpretation shall be his God, right?

So why do we force opposed beliefs onto each other?

This is why we need theocracy.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   

even the AAUW is having trouble keeping the myth alive...you should read linked articles before you post. but since you wont ill post some findings here
from www.huffingtonpost.com...

The AAUW has now joined ranks with serious economists who find that when you control for relevant differences between men and women (occupations, college majors, length of time in workplace) the wage gap narrows to the point of vanishing. The 23-cent gap is simply the average difference between the earnings of men and women employed "full time." What is important is the "adjusted" wage gap-the figure that controls for all the relevant variables. That is what the new AAUW study explores.

The AAUW researchers looked at male and female college graduates one year after graduation. After controlling for several relevant factors (though some were left out, as we shall see), they found that the wage gap narrowed to only 6.6 cents. How much of that is attributable to discrimination? As AAUW spokesperson Lisa Maatz candidly said in an NPR interview, "We are still trying to figure that out."

Furthermore, the AAUW's 6.6 cents includes some large legitimate wage differences masked by over-broad occupational categories. For example, its researchers count "social science" as one college major and report that, among such majors, women earned only 83 percent of what men earned. That may sound unfair... until you consider that "social science" includes both economics and sociology majors.

Economics majors (66 percent male) have a median income of $70,000; for sociology majors (68 percent female) it is $40,000. Economist Diana Furchtgott-Roth of the Manhattan Institute has pointed to similar incongruities. The AAUW study classifies jobs as diverse as librarian, lawyer, professional athlete, and "media occupations" under a single rubric--"other white collar." Says Furchtgott-Roth: "So, the AAUW report compares the pay of male lawyers with that of female librarians; of male athletes with that of female communications assistants. That's not a comparison between people who do the same work." With more realistic categories and definitions, the remaining 6.6 gap would certainly narrow to just a few cents at most.

so yeah ..you are still just wrong

Nor does my status as a super mod have any bearing on the topic. Nice bit of deflecting!

the fact that on a site where the moto is "deny ignorance" a super mod can embrace it is off putting

you may not like the facts but they are facts none the less

you want to believe that a group whos sole purpose is "Advancing equity for women and girls through advocacy, education, philanthropy, and research." will be unbiased is putting your head in the sand.

good luck in your crusade

edit on am220162909America/ChicagoFri, 26 Feb 2016 09:57:06 -0600_2000000 by Another_Nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

A family owned bakery whose religious beliefs prevented them from baking a cake for a gay couple is much different than a public event that discriminates.

I'm all for freedom of religion on individual basis and family owned/operated businesses, but not for public institutions or gatherings. If a Muslim cab driver doesn't want a dog in his cab, so be it. If a Christian concert is being held and they give every person admission for $19.95 but gays are charged $25, sue them.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Another_Nut

The gender pay gap may have narrowed in some instances, but the fact that there are still discrepencies is troubling.

Again, as far as my mod status goes, it has no bearing on this discussion as I'm still an ATS member first and foremost. But, hey, if it makes you feel better to wield your deflection as some sort of sword, more power to you.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   

If it is satire, what is the brunt of the joke?

What is the folly, and what does it say about the comedian, that they believe it to be a folly?

Their intent is to mock what?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join