It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump and the tax issue

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 04:59 AM
link   
What if Trump is broke?

How would that effect his campaign?

I was watching the debate on CNN and it dawned on me that he's probably broke and he doesn't want his rich billionaire image to fall apart.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 05:06 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Just as a quick side note to your query, I have ALWAYS contemplated the reasons that Trump has so many daliances in seemingly trivial business enterprises ... Trump Steaks, Trump University, Trump Board games etc.

I realize the importance of the "Trump Brand" ... but come on ... what's next, Trump Underwear or Trump Toilet Paper???

I'm a real estate broker. I make money by helping others dispose of and acquire property. If I were able to make millions or billions of dollars in that enterprise, why would I be content to make thousands (or less) by teaching others in the various "get rich quick in real estate" (which, you can do if you are willing to sacrifice the great majority of your life and time and have a better than average rate of good luck.)

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Really, you really think Trump is broke.

wow.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 05:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Just as a quick side note to your query, I have ALWAYS contemplated the reasons that Trump has so many daliances in seemingly trivial business enterprises ... Trump Steaks, Trump University, Trump Board games etc.

I realize the importance of the "Trump Brand" ... but come on ... what's next, Trump Underwear or Trump Toilet Paper???

I'm a real estate broker. I make money by helping others dispose of and acquire property. If I were able to make millions or billions of dollars in that enterprise, why would I be content to make thousands (or less) by teaching others in the various "get rich quick in real estate" (which, you can do if you are willing to sacrifice the great majority of your life and time and have a better than average rate of good luck.)

I see you are a Real Estate broker, may I ask what state? I'm interested in taking an online sales course for sales associate in Florida. I used to be a real estate broker years ago in California, but I understand I'm not able to get the brokers license due to 5 years of inactivity.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 05:26 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Georgia, but I am also familiar with Florida law. Feel free to send me a private message here and I'll be glad to help out if I can.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Just can't understand Trump's motives

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: LeoNa1
Just can't understand Trump's motives

Simple, he wants to make America great again !! hahahaha

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 07:08 AM
link   
This whole tax issue is one of the things that makes me despise the GOPe even more.

When was the last time you heard the GOPe level those questions at a Democrat? When was the last time you heard a Democrat level them at a Republican? When was the last time you heard a Democrat level them at another Democrat?

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
This whole tax issue is one of the things that makes me despise the GOPe even more.

When was the last time you heard the GOPe level those questions at a Democrat? When was the last time you heard a Democrat level them at a Republican? When was the last time you heard a Democrat level them at another Democrat?

Ketsuko I like many of your post but that new avatar needs to go !! I will be having nightmares now thanks to you !!!

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
What if Trump is broke?

How would that effect his campaign?

I was watching the debate on CNN and it dawned on me that he's probably broke and he doesn't want his rich billionaire image to fall apart.

Not that I have read the financial disclosures myself, but apparently what Trump has already made public (and I haven't seen anybody challenge) about his affairs shows that he is worth about $10 billion.

Now if that is your definition of broke...

His Tax Returns are only going to show the income he had in a given year (or series of years), and how much tax he paid after all of the various deductions he is entitled to under law. One figure I read/heard is that he had an income of about $386 million in 2013.

So, again, if that is your idea of being broke...

The GOP establishment is desperately trying to find stones that they can throw at Donald Trump that would erode his support, or slow his momentum toward the nomination. Given how complex Trump's financial affairs are, Romney (the little weasel) and the rest of the anti-Trumps in the Party are betting that there are things in there that would somehow embarrass Trump - or even better - lead to a "sticky" scandal of some kind.

The stuff that Rubio and Cruz pulled out of their hats at the debate last night are not going to amount to anything that is going to hurt Trumps' Presidential aspirations.

1) The Polish workers - 38 years ago, one of the sub-contractors hired on the Trump Tower job used undocumented Polish workers. Guilt by hapless association is not an indictment on Trump's character, patriotism or business practices.
2) Trump University - Again, another Company paid Trump to use his brand in creating a "get wealthy in Real Estate" training program. Apparently some of the people who paid for this training were unhappy and wanted their money back...and Trump is caught up in the law suits, because that is the way litigation works in the U.S. - you sue the person/company that allegedly injured you...and everybody else you can think of that might even be remotely connected with them.
3) Tax Return release - he is currently being audited, and can't release his returns yet because they are not yet final...still involved in on-going negotiations with the IRS. Simple
4) He has Trump ties and watches made in Mexico and other places, because under the current trade laws (and related) he can land them in the U.S. cheaper than if he makes them in the U.S...because he is in business to make money. Pay attention now Rubio...because he knows the game, and how if affects U.S. manufacturing overall, he intends to changes these rules/regulations/barriers so that the best option for businesses will again be to have products made in the USA, for the American market.

edit on 26-2-2016 by mobiusmale because: typos

edit on 26-2-2016 by mobiusmale because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Seven Revelations from Donald Trumps Financial Statements - CNBC

Like almost everything associated with billionaire real estate tycoon and Olympic-level narcissist Donald Trump, the financial disclosure form he filed with the federal government this week in support of his candidacy for the Republican presidential nomination was large, hard to believe, and self-referential to the point of parody.

Loaded words there to be sure ... although, I can't say they don't at least ring true ...

Trump was required to file the form — which, at 92 pages, dwarfed the submissions of his opponents — in order to allow the public to flag any possible conflicts of interests that might disqualify him from sitting in the Oval Office. It lists his assets (totaling something between about $1.4 billion and infinity, considering how many properties are listed as being worth $50 million or more) and his liabilities, which come to about a quarter of a billion dollars in loans. Many of the assets Trump lists are marked as having a value that is "not readily ascertainable."

"Not readily ascertainable" ... it is just me or does that phrase remind anyone of "I did not have sexual intercourse with that woman."

Most people might not know that Trump, who has both produced and appeared not just in multiple reality television programs, but Hollywood movies, is a member of the Screen Actors Guild, and receives an annual pension of more than $110,000.

Donald is a UNION MEMBER? LOL Drawing a UNION PENSION?

Oh my ....

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I think it's safe to say Trump is not broke, lol.

As for products, he makes awesome dress shirts. (or did, been a while since I've seen them). Brooks Brothers styling, great material, and they look great.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

Really, you really think Trump is broke.

wow.

Just morally Bankrupt.

join