It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Close Encounter in Wiltshire

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Corrobarating evidence is good, at least that proves more than one person can't have the same hallucination

I would consider leaving a camera there, preferably more than one, say three cameras in a triangular formation or something. So if they do catch something, you have three seperate sources to show evidence.

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Hi Mrs. Gambler,

by accident, I just found a hopefully interesting relation between your description of the "light beings" which looked "Not like greys at all" and the description of a grey creature in the book "The Day After Roswell" by author Col. Philip J. Corso (Ret.) :

You wrote:
"The beings were about 4 foot and looked very human in shape, just without hair. Not like greys at all. They sort of had white skin that was illuminated from the inside (I suppose it could have been a suit, but it looked to smooth like skin), that's why I call them light beings"

Colonel C. :
"It was a four-foot human-shaped figure with arms, bizarre-looking four-fingered hands -- I didn't see a thumb -- thin legs and feet, and an oversized incandescent lightbulb-shaped head that looked like it was floating over a balloon gondola for a chin,"
"I had the urge to pull off the top of the liquid container and touch the pale gray skin. But I couldn't tell whether it was skin because it also looked like a very thin one-piece head-to-toe fabric covering the creature's flesh."

Sorry if this is not interesting, this was my first approach to ET-Thropology!
*Pop*

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ambergambler

Funny that as Warminster is only down the road!

[edit on 11-1-2005 by Ambergambler]

Which is where I live !

Even more bizarre I used to live in Bradley Road across from Arthur Shuttlewood.

Guess the internet is a small world afterall

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ambergambler
Hi Flyboy211

Have thought of that, and in the summer last year we did go there on holiday, never went up the hill because I was to scared. We did go to another hill with a camera, and I took about ten photos of some lights in the sky that formed into a triangle shape, this time loads of people were up there and they all saw it to.
Maybe i'm not mad after all

Cley hill ? Star Hill (with the hippy painted UFO murals buildings !) ?

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Arthur Shuttlewood ..................hmmm.

He wrote the definitive book on the Warminster Sightings in the 60`s.

He was a local newspaper hack I believe, you could tell by the book.

It started off badly and went downhill fast.

Shame really, there was a good story or two there.

You ever meet him ??

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayKew

Arthur Shuttlewood ..................hmmm.

He wrote the definitive book on the Warminster Sightings in the 60`s.

He was a local newspaper hack I believe, you could tell by the book.

It started off badly and went downhill fast.

Shame really, there was a good story or two there.

You ever meet him ??

Hack? ..Well sort of, if you class "The Warminster Journal" as a local newspaper that could create such persona from reporting stories of town parking charges, Womens Institute celebrating a ballroom dancer called Fred giving them lessons or Warminster football club entering the Screwfix league
(ok, ok, so it's a little slow on news out here !)

We did have the Warminster "thing", a UFO sighting which was big news back then and pretty much put us on the map and Hillwood Lane, where the first ever sounds were heard above a house, is only 2 minutes walk from Bradley Road.... but that was all way before my time.

As for meeting him, aside from the odd hello.. not really as he was the scary old man who lived across the road from me ! Well I was 10 at the time

[edit on 12-1-2005 by timb3r]

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by timb3r

Hi my name is Tobi and i am 14. I have been on Kingley Vale today and had some of the most weird experiences. 1st have we headed into the Yew trees we saw sheeps wool all over the trees like sacrifice, then we heard gunfire. Illegal gunfire and it wasn't like clay piegon shooting, it was constant like a shootout! Then an army copter flew overhead and the gunfire stopped. Just after we had been to the Tumili we heard a massive great noise and we were quite scared. We then saw a weird lady walking towards us. My first reaction in my head was: she's a witch and the weird thing was she said she was lost and kind of insisted that, did you here a noise like she read our mind that we had just seen it. Then she said it sounded like a lion which is the exact same language that my friend used to describe the noise. Then when we looked back down the path she was gone!

The my mum's partner Marc, when he was in his 20s he went up there a few times. 1 time he saw really weird, massive footprints, another time he saw a witch woman picking flowers and he looked at her then looked away and when he looked away she was gone! Then the last one was where he tried to walk up Kingley Vale on halloween with his friend and about 20m into the yew trees they could not walk any further because of this weird force field and they could not move. Then they looked up to the top and about 200ft above the Tumili a UFO was hovering!

<< 1  2   >>

join