It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Questions I would like to ask the Republican Candidates

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
If I had time it would be futile, Republicans have no interest in discussing anything of substance, especially anything regarding the common good which they are inherently opposed to.

Pot meet Kettle

You seem to have no open mind for anything you haven't been force fed by the DNC. How about forming an original opinion? otherwise any debate is pointless. I agree with on a few of your points but you refuse to address the current financial reality it takes to provide things like quality of life or fund nature reserves. You can't have everything and the complete waste that is government contractors contradicts your other points, for example the funneling of money upwards to the few. What do you think the point of private contracting is?
edit on 25-2-2016 by EightTF3 because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-2-2016 by EightTF3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 01:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

If you guys really knew anything about government you would know that it creates prosperity, otherwise why do so many Republicans get government funding before they try to cut it off for everyone else? And why is the wealthiest part of the country around DC? And why is there far more money and prosperity now than when we had small government? In fact, is there any prosperous country in the world with small government? (Hong Kong doesn't count, it's not really a country). NO, all prospserous and modern countries have big government.

There is wealth in DC because the corrupt who covet money and power congregate there, the better to feed off the inefficient government machine where results are not required to make a buck. Of course there is going to be wealth surrounding the people that call the shots and have massive budgets of money that doesn't belong to them to allocate.

Last I knew there were also some significant problems with abject poverty surrounding DC. Seems a good representation of what really happens when too few people have too much power. Some people do really well and a whole lot more get stepped on.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join