It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Mass Shooting 20-30 hurt, Several Dead...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
The shooter is identified as Cedric Ford according to heavy. A convicted felon in illegal possession of firearms.

heavy.com... ive-painter-video/

this is proof that banning guns wont do squat! a convicted felon can get a gun easier then a upstanding citizen! how do you explain that gun activists?

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: JourneymanWelder

Doesn't each state have its own gun laws and officials who are suppose to carry them out? This guy was a convicted criminal and plastered his guns on social media. Laws don't mean much when the law is not serious.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   
UPDATE: The gunman had been served a restraining order only 90 minutes before his psychotic rampage.

Kansas gunman killed 3 after being served restraining order, sheriff says

Now ATF is investigating the provenance of the weapons

Officials from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives said they were looking into how Ford obtained his guns and ammunition. A SWAT team stormed Ford's mobile home in Newton after the shootings, but it's unclear what investigators found there.

Seems this guy was a bastion of good citizenry < ---- sarcasm

had several convictions in Florida over the last decade, including for burglary, grand theft, fleeing from an officer, aggravated fleeing, carrying a concealed weapon, all from Broward and Miami-Dade counties.

Online records show Ford was released from the custody of the Florida Department of Corrections in February 2007. It was unclear from the public records whether he had completed probation.

According to the Wichita Eagle, Ford has also had criminal cases in Harvey County, including a misdemeanor conviction in a 2008 fighting or brawling case and various traffic violations from 2014 and 2015.

This is what happens when existing laws on the books are not enforced, not investigated, and we have a "huggy" relationship with convicted felons that show no desire to redeem themselves and follow the law. Friends and family must have known his situation, especially if a restraining order for abuse was being served.

edit on 2/26/2016 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   
The elephant in the room: Was this guy a victim of mental health 'treatment' including a SSRI prescription, like so many other whack shooters?

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Doodle19815
You have to win first or no date for you

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: Krakatoa

Mmm..I'm trying to recall how many 14 yr old girls capone gunned down in cold blood? Do you know?

First off, my heart goes out to the families of those who lost loved ones.

In Detroit for decades there have been not only 14 year olds, but infants, toddlers, and pregnant mothers gunned down. Most of them lived in ghetto neighborhoods, infested with poverty, drugs, and repeat felons.

There were days that 2 to 6 people would be killed, but hey it was just Detroit nothing here to see, move on it's ok.

And then their is Miami, LA, New York and the list goes on. Local media would get the coverage, but rarely national news.

And we did not have the internet and social media.

People need to wake the hell up it's not about "Guns" it's about a total breakdown in our society, if people were content, happy, and doing well in their lives we wouldn't see any of this.

Maybe the "Media" should focus on the illusions of chasing bling, high divorce rates, hopelessness, and the complete breakdown of the family unit.
edit on 26-2-2016 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Doesn't each state have its own gun laws and officials who are suppose to carry them out? This guy was a convicted criminal and plastered his guns on social media. Laws don't mean much when the law is not serious.

Criminals and people in a desperate mindset don't give a crap about laws, who's going to carry them out, and those that enforce them.

How do I know? I was in law enforcement for a number of years.

That is why I have a hard time judging officers that shoot someone, before I understand the facts and circumstances. Law officers come into contact with a multiplied number of douche-bags like this one, so there is a high probability they might have to neutralize someone in their career.

The solutions to mass shootings is not more or less laws, more or less guns, but rather a sober and truthful look at why it's happening.

Most people live in a plastic world made up of temporary comfort, and a paycheck or two away from homelessness.

So what happens when people, after years, can't find or support themselves, or their loved ones?
edit on 26-2-2016 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

All that you say are good ideas. But none will see the light of day. If our country does not want to extend health care to all citizens, why would they care about a jobless mental citizens?

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   
This happened in Newton, what are the odds? (Newton, Newtown)
Bet my last gray hair dear leader will have nothing to say about this incident.
Lots of friends and family could have intervened (as well as his parole officer not checking his social media posts).
Amazing how open convicted felons flaunt their illegal activities.
The price of nobody paying attention enough to make a difference.
edit on 26-2-2016 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   
But thats ok, i am sure more guns is the answer.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   

You mean those mean police officers who can't be trusted and must be watched for any possible suspicion of racist activity?

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

I believe it was a police officer that killed him. Also, he was not a beginner criminal or unknown.

"Ford had a long criminal history, including burglary, grand theft, prowling and fleeing from police, according to KWCH."
www.nydailynews.com...

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   

All that you say are good ideas. But none will see the light of day. If our country does not want to extend health care to all citizens, why would they care about a jobless mental citizens?

Our country is made up of individuals.

Each person needs to step up. As long as we put our individual powers in others we will get what we see now.

The term "They" is or should be us. Just look at our forums littered with people thinking one person is going to change our country.

We have to change our lifestyles and current MO completely. imo

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
This happened in Newton, what are the odds? (Newton, Newtown)
Bet my last gray hair dear leader will have nothing to say about this incident.

I believe your gray hair is now missing: Obama on latest shootings

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

originally posted by: Krakatoa
a reply to: MOMof3

There have always been crazy people killing masses of people....all over the world. It is not a new phenomenon at all.

True but i don't see mass shootings happening every week in the UK or France or Thailand or Oman or Australia. .

You also dont see that in switzerland where nearly everyone has arms. And if you recall jihadis just shot up france...a couple times actually. Would have helped to have an armed populace.

Oh, and Mexico, they have strict gun laws. Thats working well. Maybe its not what you think.
edit on 26-2-2016 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

You and I don't make policy or laws. They that do have the power over our lives. And they don't want to heal america. They want us to perish in wars, pollution, disease. Otherwise, why are we there?

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: pirhanna
You also dont see that in switzerland where nearly everyone has arms. And if you recall jihadis just shot up france...a couple times actually. Would have helped to have an armed populace.

Oh, and Mexico, they have strict gun laws. Thats working well. Maybe its not what you think.

Lot's of Swiss people have guns, very few of them have ammo though.

As for France, those weapons were illegally imported from outside the country.

Mexico, well...the US government has been accused of giving them their guns. What more do you want?

We can't really verify whether more guns are any safer or dangerous. Most gun deaths are from suicides anyway. We're not allowed to study the effects, just the crime.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: waggz
a reply to: Snarl

Dead wrong.

2.1.6 Machinegun. Firearms within the definition of machinegun include weapons that shoot, are designed to shoot, or can be readily restored to shoot, automatically more than one shot without manual reloading by a single function of the trigger.

ATF Link

Let's hope you don't have to argue 'your' definition in court. The perp posted a video where he pulled the trigger once and the rifle went, "bangety, bangety, bang." That's a felony.

I own the same exact weapon.

How many 'clips' did yours come with? -snicker-

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Look at all the dumbass SOBs promoting him on FB. The only one who didn't said 'yup', while the rest acted like he was being real or some crap. It really is no wonder racial relations are so bad when both sides promote the destruction of one another and themselves. Sad really. Ah well. RIP to all the innocents.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: IsntLifeFunny
Look at all the dumbass SOBs promoting him on FB. The only one who didn't said 'yup', while the rest acted like he was being real or some crap. It really is no wonder racial relations are so bad when both sides promote the destruction of one another and themselves. Sad really. Ah well. RIP to all the innocents.

Your posting makes me wonder what the race of the victims were in this rampage now? Has that bee released in the news? If (and this is a BIG if), they were all white, then will this be openly perceived as a "hate crime" in the MSM?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join