It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Mass Shooting 20-30 hurt, Several Dead...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Another win for the 2'nd amendment!

+11 more 
posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Curious69

Nope.

More like another loss for gun grabbers.

Another catostrophic failure to enforce gun laws already on the books.

Another failure of his parole officer to simply look at his social media posts with photos of illegally possessed guns.

Another failure of friends and family to report him. Instead they encouraged him and liked his facebook posts.

Another failure for progressives who want to make it illegal to ask about felony convictions on job applications.

There were no winners here

edit on 26-2-2016 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 01:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance

originally posted by: Snarl
The Felon's AK was also full-auto. That's all I needed to see.

In his posted video he was "bump firing" a semi auto to make it seem like full auto but with fewer rounds per minute and no abilty to aim well.

Thank you for clarifying the difference between owning a select-fire weapon(legally owned class3, costing thousands of dollars to eligible FFL holders) and "bump firing" a semi-auto. It must be noted that several after market parts enhance the ability to aim during rapid-fire: Slidefire stocks, and the Tac Con AR trigger system, the latter capable of similar rate of fire of an M60. Neither have ever been used in commission of a crime, but that may change if either become popular with criminals using guns to commit crimes.

That aside, my thoughts are with those who suffered from this lunatic's actions, and for the victims that face long roads to recovery. Finally, to any politician who uses this tragedy to further an agenda or grandstand for their party: bugger off!

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 01:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Curious69

Are you posting as Stanly Bonk or Skippy Stevens @ HuffPo? I only ask because both post the same comment after most every media-driven mass shooting. Just curious.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 03:07 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 04:14 AM
link   
My thoughts and prayers are with those who are dealing with the aftermath of this twisted mind.
For me the question remains, how did that mind get so very twisted as to believe that randomly killing people was an answer to what was bothering him?
I'm going to guess that drugs of some kind got into that brain of his and messed with the wiring.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 04:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: shaihulud66
a reply to: Snarl

The weapon was semi auto not full auto.

It's semi and full auto.
Had one in military service.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I guess it just leaves me feeling like, are these people covering their true selves and manipulating us, or do they just SNAP? Don't get me wrong, some of them were obviously disturbed on social media, but others, they seem so normal.

The scary thing is, what causes someone to snap so bad they think hey, I'm gonna go grab my gun, drive to a place, and take out everyone that stands in my path. You make friends of your co-workers. You share stories and chill together at lunch time. Hear about their families. How can you then decide to go kill them all. What pushes someone's buttons like that? It just scares me. "Work Place Violence."

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   

the sad truth. People died needlessly, this man's kids lost a father, the families of those who were killed lost their loved ones, others were injured and will have to live with this horror for the rest of their lives.

But the man who did this was a criminal, and a bad man. The kind of person who does things like this, regardless of any laws. Pray for the victims and families is about all you can do.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: Doodle19815
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

I am by no means in a position to analyze anyone's FB posts, but that man doesn't look like he was about to go kill people. He was excited for a car show that starts tomorrow, has babies that he loves, and apparently really likes his food.

Yeah, the gun is intimidating, but what am I missing here?

Adding - BTW, his feed just stops at July 25th for me. I can't go back any further. It is strange because most peoples page would say "joined FB" or show years to chose from, his just stops.

Use your noodle, Doodle. If the "perfect people" can suddenly shock friends & family a la "OMG, totally not them! We never saw any indications!" then the most logical conclusion possible is that the common denominator is likely skillful manipulation. Anyone can practice the art of deceit & pull the wool over others' eyes.

I'd bet my left boob this is a common mindset between mass shooters who "shocked" others. Secret manipulators, people who hid their true selves better than Waldo in the crowd.

Ill match that action with a left nut
edit on 26-2-2016 by darepairman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: darepairman

We better be careful or else I'll be able to build me a date for Saturday night! Albeit a strangely put together one.....

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: 5StarOracle
scary to think how many are around because of the economy how many more will feel this way soon if things don't change fast...

I think the same thing, our civilized way of thinking would go right out the window and our fight or flight kill or be killed will kick in...the end could come from our own hands, and not from bombs, and I feel that's what the fear and hate in the media is trying to do, divide us so when it collapses we eliminate each other instead of the people who caused it...then they will never be to blame and never had to drop any bombs.
I don't think the USA is owned by Americans anymore... Our rights are being and are almost all stripped and liberty and justice is non existent. The people are being brainwashed and are going to kill eachother

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: kiliker30

Thoughts go out to the victims in this case, another sad day in America.

On a side note: Did they find the shooter's iphone? Do they need Apple's help to "crack" it? What about the Uber driver guy, did they get his iphone?

Poor Apple, so busy trying to "crack" these shooters' iphones because the FBI and most advanced intelligence agencies on the face of the earth are unable to do this themselves.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: zilebeliveunknown

In military service? I highly doubt that unless he was in a foreign military since the US military does not issue AKM's . He was bump firing a semi auto. Big difference, and I doubt this garbage would have the skills to illegally convert a semi, much less get a Class III weapons permit. An AK that has been legally converted to full auto goes for around 15-20 grand. The black market to a felon would be much higher. I doubt this brain surgeon would have that disposable income. In the US Akm rifles are semi only without the 3rd full auto option on the selector (more things the media fails to mention). I have owned AK's all my life and have only seen one full auto version. They are way more rare than the media leads you to believe and WAY more expensive to own legally.

This is his rifle. Its semi auto just being bump fired.

www.youtube.com...

edit on 26-2-2016 by shaihulud66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa
So, if this is him, a convicted felon, it seems the gun laws didn't matter to him to break. Especially when he was hell bent on killing people (which is also against the law). After all is said and done, an investigation needs to take place to determine where and who he got it from. I bet 5 will get you 10 that it was a black market purchase.

Proof that more gun laws will not stop crazy people, that should not have a gun, will get one regardless of the laws. So, making it MORE illegal will only disarm the people that will follow the law. Leaving them defenseless.

Doesn't mean there SHOULDN'T be strict gun laws. Obviously gun laws by themselves can't stop everything. But, they assuredly do stop some people from getting guns.

More needs to be done to address the illegal gun problem now that gun laws are getting where they need to be in places like Illinois.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: reddragon2015

Sad to hear but even more sad to say, these things will happen when well, people exist. As someone, somewhere is always going to get to the point where acting out on something like this seems valid to them. Obviously its crazy but in a crazy world, people are becoming more and more lost.

I am sure things like this however end up on the books at the White House for their anti gun agenda.

To me, public schools are old fashioned. As with such high quantaties of school students and those living close by, who knows what has gone unoticed, not worth sending a child to a building for the risk.

Anyhow, very sad to hear.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Dead wrong. From the picture it is a Century C39v2 AK47 and it is Semi-Automatic. If you do a bit of research you will find out it is almost impossible to modify these to full-auto. How you think its full auto is beyond me.

For anyone else wondering; you can buy the extended clips in any store right off the shelf as long as you don't live in one of the strict gun law states. The pistol grip is standard for the C39v2.

I own the same exact weapon.
edit on 26-2-2016 by waggz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boscowashisnamo

originally posted by: Curious69

Are you posting as Stanly Bonk or Skippy Stevens @ HuffPo? I only ask because both post the same comment after most every media-driven mass shooting. Just curious.

No. But they sound like nice people

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   

a reply to: Curious69

Nope.

More like another loss for gun grabbers.

Another catostrophic failure to enforce gun laws already on the books.

Another failure of his parole officer to simply look at his social media posts with photos of illegally possessed guns.

Another failure of friends and family to report him. Instead they encouraged him and liked his facebook posts.

Another failure for progressives who want to make it illegal to ask about felony convictions on job applications.

I can agree to everything you write, my sarcasm should be obvious to most.
Its also painfully obvious that no amount of reasonable arguments will make gungrabbers think different.

edit on 26-2-2016 by Curious69 because: because.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   
This story does not serve the narrative, and therefore will be disregarded by the LSM.

This is not the mass shooting story you are looking for...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join