It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Mass Shooting 20-30 hurt, Several Dead...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Several people were killed and 20-30 wounded in a shooting at a Kansas workplace and several other scenes Thursday evening, authorities said.

The shooter, an employee at Excel Industries -- one of the scenes -- was killed by police, Harvey County Sheriff T. Walton said in a press conference Thursday. Authorities know his identity but are withholding his name, Walton told KAKE.

According to the sheriff, there were possibly 4-7 dead, including the shooter.

At least 16 people were hospitalized -- four at Newton Medical Center, five at Wesley Hospital and seven at Via Christi Hospital.

A woman who eyewitnesses said was shot in the parking lot is in critical condition, Walton said.

Workers at Excel Industries, a manufacturer of heavy duty l

Another Mass Shooting 20-30 hurt, Several Dead...

Here we go again... good lord.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Not a lot of information yet... I'm assuming disgruntled employee...
Not like that is justification of course...
scary to think how many are around because of the economy how many more will feel this way soon if things don't change fast...
So odds are although highly irrational.... when facing dire circumstance some are moved to this dreadful insanity...
So I'm afraid we can expect more of the same...

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   
The shooter is identified as Cedric Ford according to heavy. A convicted felon in illegal possession of firearms.

heavy.com... ive-painter-video/
edit on 25-2-2016 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

From your link…

Cedric Ford, a painter at Excel Industries, is accused of opening fire on co-workers at the Hesston, Kansas, company on Thursday…

Thats a good link, people will get lots of stuff to digest from it.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Whoa ... a black guy.

He's got a selfie holding a Glock with an extended magazine and an AK.

ETA1: Livestream L I N K Y
edit on 2522016 by Snarl because: ETA1

ETA2: Sounds like the shooter is NOT dead ... but barricaded in his home.
edit on 2522016 by Snarl because: ETA2

ETA3: Reporting has the shooter dead.
edit on 2522016 by Snarl because: ETA3

ETA4: Sheriff says it was a lone LEO who infiltrated the building and eliminated the shooter.
edit on 2522016 by Snarl because: ETA4

ETA5: It's the shooter's roommate who is barricaded. The cops are pressing for a warrant.
edit on 2522016 by Snarl because: ETA5

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Hard to believe...black dude, African American to be exact,way off of the chart of the norm... prayers for all...

another "fail"....

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Any clues in the arm tatoos?
He liked New Amsterdam Vodka with his guns.
Felony drug convictions in his past.
Probably acted on impulse after something set him off.
Could have been anything, layoff notice after just buying that new truck perhaps?

link   

originally posted by: Snarl
Whoa ... a black guy.

He's got a selfie holding a Glock with an extended magazine and an AK.

ETA1: Livestream L I N K Y
ETA2: Sounds like the shooter is NOT dead ... but barricaded in his home.

Damn, he got extendos on his glock and AK. Sure thats illegal in itself but I need to look it up to be sure.
edit on 25-2-2016 by BIGPoJo because: (no reason given)

link   
Thank god everyone was armed and could shoot this guy before he caused harm. once again the people having guns have saved lives.

''let he who say guns for all is a bad thing be struck down in a hail of ammo''

+16 more 
posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

I am not sure if you were being sarcastic.

The number of mass shootings by whites and blacks is actually relatively proportional to their respective percentage of the population.

According to Mother Jones, whites(63% population) have committed 64% of mass shootings and blacks(13% population) have committed 16% of mass shootings since 1982.

And of course gun murders in general are disproportionately committed by blacks who are responible for over half of all gun murders while only representing 13% of the total US population.
edit on 25-2-2016 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   
It will be interesting to see how much media play this gets and if the Pres says anything.

Hard times for some folks losing a job.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   
livestream.com...

live feed

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   
double
edit on 25-2-2016 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

+22 more 
posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   
So, if this is him, a convicted felon, it seems the gun laws didn't matter to him to break. Especially when he was hell bent on killing people (which is also against the law). After all is said and done, an investigation needs to take place to determine where and who he got it from. I bet 5 will get you 10 that it was a black market purchase.

Proof that more gun laws will not stop crazy people, that should not have a gun, will get one regardless of the laws. So, making it MORE illegal will only disarm the people that will follow the law. Leaving them defenseless.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   
And there will be one next week and the week after and the week after that etc. ..

At least there isn't a gun problem in the States. Phew!
You guys made your bed but you don't have to lie in it if you stop sticking your head in the sand

Or..you can ALL be armed and the rest of the world can sit back and watch the show. Good luck.

And yes. I will say the same thing in the thread about next weeks shooting and the week after etc...
edit on 25-2-2016 by 3danimator2014 because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-2-2016 by 3danimator2014 because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Black felon. I would put my money on a Muslim prison convert, but that will never get reported.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Why do we have crazy people killing our friends and families once a week? Our revolutionary and pioneer ancestors would never allow this to continue.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

Mother Jones is not a credible site. White folks make up 240 mil or 77% of the population in America.
edit on 25-2-2016 by cenpuppie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

There have always been crazy people killing masses of people....all over the world. It is not a new phenomenon at all.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa
a reply to: MOMof3

There have always been crazy people killing masses of people....all over the world. It is not a new phenomenon at all.

True but i don't see mass shootings happening every week in the UK or France or Thailand or Oman or Australia. .

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join