It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bobby’s Lox & Seafood Stuffing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Hi,
My first recipe in English, so pardon any misspellings.

• Bobby’s Lox & Seafood Stuffing •

What you Need:
400g smoked Lox
340g Crayfish tails (see #1) *
200g Crème Fraiche **
200g Mayonnaise **
1 Lemon (well washed!!!)
1 pinch black pepper

* Can also compliment with some, for example, chopped Shrimps and Crab, according to your taste.
** I usually make my own Crème Fraiche and Mayonnaise, but store bought Crème Fraiche and Mayonnaise will do.

Soft Swedish Flat Bread (Google “Soft Swedish Flat Bread” for recipe)

Garnish:
Lettuce, chopped/sliced cucumber & tomato and/or whatever vegetables you have/like...

“How To”:
1. Let crayfish tails drain in a sieve. Then lay the crayfish tails in the double layer of paper towels and gently squeeze out as much liquid as possible to avoid filling becomes loose.
2. Coarsely chop the salmon and the crayfish tails.
3. Add crème fraiche and mayonnaise in a bowl and add 1 teaspoon lemon zest and mix gently.
4. Slice the lemon in two and press 1 tablespoon lemon juice into the mix.
5. Add the salmon and crayfish tails and mix. Add the black pepper and mix.

Serving:
Click a few tablespoons of the filling onto a flat bread and garnish with the vegetables. Roll up the flat bread and bite in…………

Bon Appétit!

Bobby

Oh, this is how the flatbred/dish should look "rolled up" (NOTE: This is just a I-net pic, not my dish - I didn't have a pic)
edit on 2252016 by BobbyRock because: a few fixes

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   
This looks divine! I had to look up Crème Fraiche and it looks easy enough to make. Don't know if I will be able to find crayfish tails unless I travel a distance, so I will have to get some shrimps. I've been craving some shrimps lately anyways, so that's good.
Thank you for sharing! I have to wait a week or so for my next payday and I can't wait... yum yum yum

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

Thank you, I think it's very yummy.
You don't think you'd be able to find crayfish in your local supermarket or fish shop (?)?
Not that swapping crayfish for shrimps and/or crab will make it less yummy.

Bobby

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: BobbyRock I haven't seen crayfish in the local markets nearby, but I could check out the farmers market or wharf, but that's an hour there and back. I have never had crayfish... what's it like?

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   
For lord's sake

People with access to fresh ocean goods are the luckiest under the starts

Keep dreaming getting this recipe right and poor Europians just make them jelly !!!!!

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Now you put me on the spot......
How do I explain the taste of crayfish (other than crayfish like)?
Sweet with a tad bit of salt??? Nah, I really can't....
But if you like schrimp/crab, you should also enjoy the taste of crayfish.

Bobby

edit on 2252016 by BobbyRock because: spelling....... but hey, it's 0417 H here..............

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: BobbyRock Sounds good to me! Thank you.
I'd like to add, if English is your second language, you did an excellent job explaining the recipe in the OP. I would have never of thought twice about your English if you hadn't written that it's your first time writing the recipe in English.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Thank you kindly.
But to be honest, I had to look up some of the English words/spelling.... on the other hand, I have to do that with swedish words too sometimes.... (it's MUCH easier to speak either language, which I do pretty much daily.... writing not so much/often).

Bobby
edit on 2252016 by BobbyRock because: Oooohhh, I really need to sleep fixings

top topics

join