It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seantor Yee gets 5 yrs.....in racketeering case....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...
apparently it doesn't pay to sell automatic weapons to FBI agents....
How do these people get to the pinnacle of power in America is a mystery....
I guess democracy and Capitalism just don't mix well....

Yee acknowledged accepting $11,000 in exchange for setting up a meeting with another state senator, $10,000 for recommending someone for a grant, and $6,800 for providing a certificate on California State Senate letterhead honoring the Ghee Kung Tong.

He also acknowledged that he discussed helping an undercover FBI agent buy automatic weapons from the Philippines that were intended to be brought to the U.S. for distribution.

Prosecutors say Chow and some other members of the fraternal group engaged in drug trafficking, money laundering and the sale of stolen cigarettes and top-shelf liquors

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   
And shoulder launched missiles ... from Islamic extremists.

Liberal from Kali ... who'd-a-thunk'it?

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: bandersnatch

It's a shame because I suspect that he might be one of the few Democrats who understands what an automatic weapon actually is, how ironic.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Only five years? Is he going to stay at one of those comfy federal prisons for rich people? I bet he'll do real easy time and get out in a couple of years for good behavior.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Democrats always do it better !!

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: bandersnatch

Prosecutors say Chow and some other members of the fraternal group engaged in drug trafficking, money laundering and the sale of stolen cigarettes and top-shelf liquors

You know what jumped out at me?...The connection to another fraternal group/secret society/gang!

From your article:

Yee is a long-time politician who also served in the state Assembly and on the San Francisco Board of Supervisors. He pleaded guilty in July to one count of conspiracy to engage in racketeering. The charge was filed as part of an organized crime investigation in San Francisco's Chinatown that led to charges against more than two dozen people. The probe also snared Raymond "Shrimp Boy" Chow, a flamboyant leader of a Chinese fraternal organization — the Ghee Kung Tong.

Yee acknowledged accepting $11,000 in exchange for setting up a meeting with another state senator, $10,000 for recommending someone for a grant, and $6,800 for providing a certificate on California State Senate letterhead honoring the Ghee Kung Tong.

Information re Ghee Kung Tong takes you to information about "Shrimp Boy" Chow, the president of the Supreme Lodge of Chinese Free Masons in San Francisco. That connection takes you to another man, Keith Jackson, a key player in the Yee case. This guy was a former San Francisco school board official, now accused in a murder-for-hire scheme! He set up a consultancy and through that Jackson Consultancy he became a fixer who could swing things in the right direction.

Whiskey Tango Fox!

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Hopefully he will rat out some of his corrupt counterparts . and make at least a few dominos fall too. ...wishful thinking I know

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I wonder if he wasn't far enough into the "in" politician crowd or just really flubbed the game. This has to be minor compared what really goes on with his colleges in office.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
I wonder if he wasn't far enough into the "in" politician crowd or just really flubbed the game. This has to be minor compared what really goes on with his colleges in office.

exactly what I was thinking. This is ONE fluke - by an amateur.. Imagine what we DON'T hear about .. woww

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   
how is this not treason? or are we not at war with the group he was attempting to arm?

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

Didn't it say he was discussing purchasing from the Philippines and distributing in the U.S.? Who are you talking about?

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme
second that....

top topics

join