It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democracy Coffee

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Two great things right next to each other? I know love coffee as much as much as the next ATSer and strive for democracy just like anyone else if only it were real and not some disguise for the wickedness beneath. I just saw an advertisement that promoted the idea many of us have about democracy in the USA. The advertisement last over two minutes and said that democracy was dead and that elections were already bought by money before we could even vote. There is a website, but I will refrain from posting it. It contains shorts (videos, so those should be fine), but also contains democracy coffee to buy (not sure what that is actually) and it seems to be some sort of project/organization. If you wish, check it out or let me know if the link is fine with T&Cs. I have no opinion on the project, but decided to share since the view is pretty common. Who would have thought there could be such advertising going against the system.

EDIT: Thoughts?
edit on 25-2-2016 by Tiamat384 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384

I'm trying to remain positive at the moment but I read the 'Why Buy' section and it screamed 'hipster with an e-cigarette' at me.

Is this designed to make money from hipsters?

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: and14263
I have no clue. It's just the ad that seemed somewhat interesting and against the establishment. As I've said, I have no opinion on the project whatever it is. I have to say, like you, I felt negative towards it when in the ad I heard about buying stuff....seriously? The rest was fine though, but come on.

I'd suggest simply not buying anything honestly. Hell, use your money on useful things and whatever you want not on some garbage. I was just sharing.

edit on 25-2-2016 by Tiamat384 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Of course... I understand you were just bringing this to the table

The way it is written is a bit pretentious I thought but it clearly appeals to some.

I'm thinking of quitting coffee.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Whoa, that is too good an earthly pleasure to give up. Don't do it! I'd rather throw this thread into a volcano than allow for that!

I haven't read it. Opened the site and closed it essentially. I was more here for the ad and just bringing as you said, to the table.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Since I've quit literally every other vice in my life my one coffee on a morning is really having an effect on me. It might be withdrawal from everything else but I'm edgey and shakey after my coffee, I never used to be. Later in the day I'm ok, other than a vastly fluctuating body temperature which should subside soon.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Have you only recently withdrawn from everything else? Just asking to see if it could be withdrawl from everything else. If you truly feel that coffee does have a bad effect on you then well. Do what is best for you. I cant imagine doing so myself. Tea and coffee. The best drinks.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   
i dont like democracy or coffee, so i dont know what to think about this.
i also have no idea what with thread is about , so its ok.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Rikku

In that case Im not sure what your comment is about.
What system of governance do you like then? And really!? You dont like coffee? Dont know what youre missing.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Yeah I think it's probably down to everything else. I will say though... I'm probably the only English man who doesn't like tea! I'm proving a bit of a disappointment tonight here.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   
How are you proving a disappointment? It is a grand chat. I like every chat I have with the good people of ATS
No tea for you? Seriously. Those two drinks are the very best dependent on my stomachs desires.

new topics

top topics

join