It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the? Anyone seen this article before (Mars)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Hi, stu, and welcome.

There isn't any reason that NASA would want to cover up anything like that.

But it's fun to pretend that there're really secret conspiracies out there, and we really didn't go to the Moon either, and the Spaceship Guys and the "Chem-Trails" and the Hollow Earth and the Secret Underground Caverns with "Reptoids" and other Spaceship Guys and the Secret Concentration Camps in the Desert and so on and so forth.

I don't think anyone here takes any of that stuff very seriously, but it's fun to talk about it, anyway!

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by thematrix
Well, its not "a" whatever object you think it is, its a drillhole from the mars rover ...

It's a drillhole that has an outer and inner core and it's been filled in with the dust blowing around where there there's no wind? The thing is huge and the rovers have no way to analyse a chunk of rock - I believe the only drilling done by the rovers is on a minute scale, barely scraping the surface of rocks and analysing the powder. They're solar powered and use less wattage than a hair dryer, there's not a chance they could drill a rock like that, the tool needed alone would weigh more than the rover. There are way too many odd things cropping up on Mars, we're being duped and big time.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I put the shape down to either one of the moons, or one of the orbiters (either one of the ones that dropped the rovers, or one from an older mars mission).

What I was mainly referring to was the "cleaning" of the rovers:

We both had an increased interest in the Mars expedition, since NASA announced in a press release last week that something or someone had been cleaning the dust off the solar cells at night on the Mars Rover Vehicle Opportunity vehicle (yes same one that took the UFO picture!) nobody can explain the apparently nightly washing. The regular cleaning had been increasing the efficiency from like 40 or 50% to almost 100%. Just enough to get the picture?

iamblogging.net...

Sounds weird to say the least, but it may have been cleaned by unusual wind gusts? The other rover was reportedly at around 40-50% efficiency, while after each night "Opportunity" was giving almost 100%

The cleaning had boosted the panels' power output close to their maximum 900 watt-hours per day after at one stage dropping to 500 watt-hours because of the heavy Martian dirt.

By contrast, the power output of the solar panels of Mars Spirit -- on a different part of the Red Planet -- had dropped to just 400 watt-hours a day, clogged by the heavy dust.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 09:03 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I dont even care what anybody else says anymore....there is definately something shady going on out there and somebody knows more then they are letting on....

The truth is out there

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Wow that is highly unusual and probably the coolest thread I have seen today. Thanks

The only tame explanation that I can think of is that during the martian night there is a lot of condensation like in some deserts. Perhaps if the condensation was heavy enough it could have this effect. Whatever the explanation is this adds up to an encouraging sign dont you think?

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by instar

Originally posted by twitchy
I still think the rovers are wandering around in the deserts of Australia while NASA funnels the funding to other organizations. I have stated this on another thread and couldn't find links to support my theory, but I have seen it somewhere else as well. Seen quite a few rover pics that have some very terrestrial looking oddities in them. I think NASA is a major money laundering operation.

LMAO have you seen any kangaroos, emus, perenties etc in "mars" pics?

I think I saw one photo of a dingo carrying off a baby in its jaws.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join