It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dreams that seem real and Parallel Universes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   
This is just thinking out loud, but I have dreams from time to time that seem very real and I had one the other day. Most of the time, I can tell I'm in a dream and I just wake up and that's it.

This dream was so real, when I woke up I was confused about where I was for a few seconds. I remember saying to myself, "Oh yeah, I live in this world."

It got me to thinking, if I died but my mind stayed in this dream world, this world I live in now might be considered a dream. I was literally confused when I woke up about my surroundings.

I have been asking lately, is the dream world like a superposition of parallel universes and the world we live in like a measured state that occurs because we're in this pocket universe. So if you have a quantum mind, when you die your mind exists in these paralell states until you become entangled with a measured state in another pocket universe.

I have been looking at ways to test whether dreams are entangled. If you can show there's a correlation between dream states of different individuals and you have seperable states in conscious waking states of different individuals, that would add more support to a Quantum Mind.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

Interesting idea...S&F.

But dreaming is nothing more than your subconscious slicing together bits and pieces of filtered memories,information and emotions into a loosely associated timeline of sorts.

It's more likely that you experience dreams more vividly than others.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   

"I have been asking lately, is the dream world like a superposition of parallel universes and the world we live in like a measured state that occurs because we're in this pocket universe. So if you have a quantum mind, when you die your mind exists in these paralell states until you become entangled with a measured state in another pocket universe."

WOW! You just touched on reincarnation and what some groups of Christians believe heaven to be like in this one paragraph.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic This is interesting and I do believe that people can enter into one anothers dream states, whether they have realized it or not.
I remember being fascinated with Lucid dreaming, when you are aware of being in a dream and have some or full control of what's going on. After reading Carlos Castaneda's books, I believe humans are capable of many things like OBE's, but I believe you need the proper guides.
I have had dearly deceased loved ones "visit" my dream world and cannot prove how real or comforting it is. Perhaps the dream state is connected to what Shamans call the spiritual realm.

edit on 25-2-2016 by peppycat because: tablet issue

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: NateTheAnimator

But dreaming is nothing more than your subconscious slicing together bits and pieces of filtered memories,information and emotions into a loosely associated timeline of sorts.

That's what you think.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: NateTheAnimator

Exactly. Yesterday I happened to look up the Bowery Boys because I saw a cat who reminded me of Leo Gorcey. When I fell asleep I started dreaming about Slip Mahoney and Sach.
You young folk won't know who I'm talking about I'm sure.
I remember my dreams because I wake often during the night.
If dreams are another universe it's a crazy messed up place with zero consistency.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   

That post sounds reasonable. Also agreeing with that, that it's not necessarily every dream, but certain dreams, were you become "awake". Actually I just had one today. Suddenly the random dreamworld (I was previously in) and actors disappeared and another scenery appeared. Yellow-brown meadows in a warm sunlight. I had the feeling I was in another "layer"... also feelings overcame with with happiness (almost to the point of having tears) that I was briefly "back" (wherever that was). It was only short, then I woke up. Such dreams mostly happen at mornings and not very often... 8-9 AM imo. But they are different. Maybe this is part of the astral world we sometimes access. (and return after death).

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: anotherdaytoday

Good points and dreams could be a gateway to parallel realities.

There could be trillions of pocket universes around us occupying there own space and we're connected to these realities.

I remember another dream that seemed real and I will never forget it. I rarely see myself in my dreams, it's mostly seeing things from my point of view. In this dream, I was in a world that was covered in water with underground cities. I was some kind of Scientist and me and other Scientist were studying fish in some underwater lab. I then looked at myself in the mirror and it was me but I looked different. I was in a grey v-neck sweater with a white shirt and a red bow tie. I was heavier than I am and I had longer hair but I can tell it was me.

Maybe the memories and dreams of the version of me in that universe got entangled and that version of me in that universe had a dream where he was in my world.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Adam was put in a sleep when his 'rib' was taken. Adam was not awakened from his sleep. Are we all still asleep just dreaming?

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Texcin The man said,

“This is now bone of my bones
and flesh of my flesh;
she shall be called ‘woman,’
for she was taken out of man.”

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Texcin it seems he was awake straight after and named her woman so no no we are not still asleep it clearly states that adam named her woman

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   
What you explained for word are the experiences I have had with dream state. Waking up completely boggled that this is the real reality is disconcerting.

Strange really that one needs sleep and on average some people (not me) sleep 8 hours. 1/3 or your "living" life is spent sleeping. Reminds me of super long sessions of WoW or CoD back in the day, in that after way too many hours I felt like I was going to seizure. You know, there's been a couple times when I went way too long without sleep and felt the same.

The similarities obviously made me consider that if reality was a holographic world it would make sense to need to take a break from the censory overload. In fact, the more time I spend observing the similarities the more convinced I become it is just that.

All that being said, there is also something very concerning with the lack of control whilst in the dream state. If reality is virtual and I lack any meaningful control of my dreams, than what is, is?

new topics

top topics

join