It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Spaceballs 2’ Posters Appear in New York, Is the Sequel Happening?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   
OMGpleasebetruepleasebetruepleasebetrue, this better not be a hoax or untold numbers will be out for blood because pranking about Spaceballs 2 is cruel.

movieweb.com...

Is Spaceballs 2 finally happening? Fans are asking that question in earnest today, as posters for the sequel mysterious appeared in New York. Last year, original director Mel Brooks teased that he was actually moving forward on a Spaceballs sequel to capture some of the hype surrounding Star Wars: The Force Awakens. And he even had a title, Spaceballs 2: The Search for More Money.

These Spaceballs 2 posters, which utilize the title suggested by Mel Brooks, appeared in a New York City subway. This is an isolated appearance. And no one has come forward yet to claim the work as their own. So, what does it mean? Is this a prank by some enterprising artist? Did the sequel really fly that far under the radar? Is this how the comedy is being announced. Or is MGM gauging fan interest in a way similar to what Deadpool did with its leaked footage?

As you can see, the Spaceballs 2 poster spoofs Darth Vader's melted helmet, as seen in Star Wars: The Force Awakens. And the sequel is ripe for parody. But it might be hard to get the original cast back together. John Candy, Dick Van Patten and Joan Rivers have all since passed away, and Rick Moranis, while not retired as many think, is being rather choosey about his comeback vehicle, already refusing to appear in the Ghostbusters reboot. Mel Brooks could return as Yogurt, but Yoda isn't in Star Wars: The Force Awakens at all, so where is the spoof there? Bill Pullman and Daphne Zuniga could certainly return. But will Spaceballs 2 have the 'balls' to kill off Lone Starr? We'll have to wait and see how this all pans out. What do you think? Do you want to see Spaceballs 2? Or is this one parody sequel that should never happen?

There's got to be someone out there who's a good enough method actor to emulate at least John Candy. I refuse to believe Brooks & his comedy magic can't make this work somehow

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   
May the Schwartz be with us!

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Here are the posters

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147
Here are the posters

The article sent my excitement to plaid territory, I forgot the pic of the posters < facepalm >

But seriously, if true, they can

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Sue me but i hope it is not true.

Spaceballs hasn't aged well and I doubt that the same humor will appeal to younger audiences.I thought it was highly overrated-Mel might be a legend but the Naked Gun and Hotshots beat him at his own game.

Let classics remain classics I say.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie
I thought it was highly overrated

< GASP >

Heathen! Burn the witch!

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I loved Robinhood - Men In Tights as well...

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   
link
It is a Hoax, and I weep
edit on 2 by Mandroid7 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2 by Mandroid7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
link
It is a Hoax, and I weep

Silence with your doom!! ...no matter how true!

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   

It is supposedly true.
Not sure how an immature, P.C. audience will be able to handle Brooks' humor, though. Things were a lot freer during his heyday.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
link
It is a Hoax, and I weep

Nooo! Draw & quarter the vile bastard(s?) punking the fanbase < bawls>

Edit: Now, wait a minute before any of us get too caught up in the frenzy one way or the other. Mel is on record as recently as February expressing his want to do Spaceballs 2. That's something to consider even if this poster deal is a just a jerkwad being mean.
edit on 2/25/2016 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Not a peep on IMDB

I would guess hoax. And I'm OK with that.
No John Candy.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

There's got to be someone out there who's a good enough method actor to emulate at least John Candy. I refuse to believe Brooks & his comedy magic can't make this work somehow

If this were to happen I think Ralphie May would be a good sub for John Candy

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Not sure how an immature, P.C. audience will be able to handle Brooks' humor, though. Things were a lot freer during his heyday.

who the hell cares? Wouldn't be for THEM...it would be for us!

*Gets out his "Spaceballs: The Flamethrower" and sets off to make sure this thing is made"

May the Schwartz be with us!!!!!!

top topics

join