It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump and why the middle management of the establishment might be genuinly against him.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Spoiler alert:
In either case its not good for us.

I came across an interesting article and the outlook on Trump and why a section of the establishment appears to genuinely not like him. Unfortunately I can't find it, but here is the jyst:

It basically boiled down to that: the Oligarch in charge is trying to cut some of the middle fat which is congress, the DNC and the GOP. They want to take even more direct control of our gov't while decreasing lobbying efforts and streamline faster Oligopoly friendly regulations.

Ofcourse our politicians want to still be the middleman and they see trump as the guy paving the way to minimize their roles. Hence he is a threat to the middle management part of the establishment.

Unfortunately, us the regular tax payers will get the $hitty end either way and are just collateral damage.

I have said it before in regards to Trump, he is the one guy that could go full retard this election and become a tyrant by finding ways to bypass congress, so I can see some of the authors points as valid. In addition, I see the benefits for the Oligarch as It would be cheaper ,more controllable , and more efficient to control the president than having to worry about paying off ALL of congress,DNC,and GOP.

I will have to search for the article to see If I find it.

Anyway I thought it was an interesting outlook on trump.

It would be interesting and scary to observe IF he gets the presidency , will he successfully try to bypass Congress and push for more power for the president?

It would be interesting to look back at this thread several years after his presidency to see if their is any truth to this conspiracy.

Note I'm not saying their is any truth to it but its an interesting angle and observation.

edit on 16229America/ChicagoThu, 25 Feb 2016 10:16:03 -0600000000p2942 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

I've been wondering pretty much exactly this. Maybe Trump just got tired of paying off the middlemen --- aka our congress critters -- and figures if he can get into the White House, he can make up his own regs and tax rates and whatnot and set himself up for life.

Or Trump may be a plant. But if so, I don't think anyone expected him to get so much support, not even Trump. Certainly not enough to actually win the White House. In that case, their plan may backfire on them in the worst way. If my above scenario wasn't Trump's plan all along, it may be now!

Whatever else Trump may be, he's not stupid.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Yeah , with trump I see no middle ground and their is going to be some hard pounding going on under his administration.

The question is who is going to be taking the pounding?

A. The regular masses of people.
B. Elites Middle Management (AKA Congress)
C. Elites
D. All the Above

I'm having a hard time not picking A and B for taking the pounding under a Trump administration.

Kind of like a corporate restructure, where typically Middle Management and the employees take the brunt impact, while the CEO and board of directors get their million dollar bonuses.

edit on 33229America/ChicagoThu, 25 Feb 2016 10:33:53 -0600000000p2942 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   

I think you give Trump too much credit. In my opinion he talks stupid and lacks substance. Most of his investment decisions are most likely directed by his financial advisors he employs. His statement about building a wall and have Mexico pay for it is ridiculous. Is it a wonder he hasn't let anyone know exactly how he's going to go about doing it? A wall like that is estimated to cost 10.5 billion dollars! Yeah right, Mexico will pay for it. What's he going to do, threaten to nuke Mexico if they don't?

Intelligent people think before they talk. They research an issue and weigh the ramifications of solving the problem. They don't talk like little boys on a playground and think they're smarter and bigger than everyone else. Those attributes are more in line with a dictator than a president of the United States.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Kind of like a corporate restructure, where typically Middle Management and the employees take the brunt impact, while the CEO and board of directors get their million dollar bonuses.

That's my best guess. Trump's a businessman. He's going to follow his business model and simply apply it to government.

We can probably expect though that the lobbyist would be eliminated in the process of re-regulating. That might be a good thing, if it doesn't simply morph into something equally sinister... or worse.

But I also expect the average worker -- middle management and trades, white collar and blue collar -- will not fare well at all, and the lowly worker - unskilled, minimum wage -- will fare worst of all.

And property owners can kiss their rights goodbye.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

I think you give Trump too much credit.

Okay. But I would have to say that you -- and too many others -- aren't giving him enough credit. He didn't get this far (either in the world of business or the world of politics) by being stupid.

In my opinion he talks stupid and lacks substance. Most of his investment decisions are most likely directed by his financial advisors he employs. His statement about building a wall and have Mexico pay for it is ridiculous. Is it a wonder he hasn't let anyone know exactly how he's going to go about doing it? A wall like that is estimated to cost 10.5 billion dollars! Yeah right, Mexico will pay for it. What's he going to do, threaten to nuke Mexico if they don't?

Um, no.

Mr. Trump: More specifics about Mexico paying for the wall
Could a President Trump Really Impound All Immigrant Payments to Mexico?
Dear Mexico: you might wind up paying for that wall after all
CNN Runs Segment On Trump Wall Being Very Doable – We Explain How Mexico Pays…

Apparently your news sources aren't as informative as they could and should be -- though I am quite sure they are well informed.

Intelligent people think before they talk. They research an issue and weigh the ramifications of solving the problem. They don't talk like little boys on a playground and think they're smarter and bigger than everyone else

Indeed. That's excellent advice for all of us.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   
OK someone for the love of [enter your deity here] give me or take a flag.

I'm not a religious man but Damn I rather not have that number associated with me. lol

new topics

top topics

join