It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hot Mic Captures Trump Asking ‘Morning Joe’ Hosts For No ‘Too Hard’ Questions

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

He can't be bought because he is part of the buying class. That makes him more establishment than anyone imo. I keep hoping to see a headline that Trump's helicopter collided with Bloomberg's helicopter somewhere.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sargeras

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
a reply to: Sargeras

They are all the same, but at least trump is fun to watch.

I would hope that people had more intestinal fortitude and personal responsibility to take the future of our country a little more seriously than how much Entertainment value it provides.....

This comment is indicative of one of the many problems now plaguing the US

Once again, which candidate is better?

None, that is a fact!

So I might as well enjoy the show as it all burns around me.

There were many that were drastically better, Rand Paul was my first choice, we had the largest field we have ever had, Trump, his ego, his lies, and his lack of knowledge should never have even been a consideration...

Hes just proof that "conservatives" who support him have no leg to stand on when telling liberals they dont know the issues and are ill informed voters, or just fall for rhetoric. Conservatives who support him have become exactly what they have lambasted the left for.

So who are you supporting?

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

He can't be bought because he is part of the buying class. That makes him more establishment than anyone imo. I keep hoping to see a headline that Trump's helicopter collided with Bloomberg's helicopter somewhere.

I agree with the first part of this post whole heartedly, however I dont advocate for his death.

In corruption you have the buyers and the bought, both are just as equally despicable, and the only difference is, the "bought" just dont have the revenue to do the buying.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   
So I don’t get it; I listened to about half of the audio before getting board; so maybe I missed something.

All I heard was a couple of people making small talk while they were waiting for the production crew to be ready for the interview. In that small talk I heard the hosts of the show being gracious to their guest; something I would expect any host would do with their guest. I really don’t expect hosts to be cold and or nasty to their guests else they won’t have to many guests.

So what am I missing?

edit on 25-2-2016 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: DrakeINFERNO
It is common for questions to be vetted before an interview for anyone on tv. There is limited time and obviously the interviewee is there to make a point not go on side bars. Common practice at every level not just presidential candidates.

I can't imagine a guy like Trump doing an interview with people that would make him look bad. It sounds to me, in the audio he is on friendly terms with the folks interviewing him.
I don't have a decision on which candidate I like.
I have rarely if ever seen a famous person do an interview that wasn't worked out somewhat beforehand. I think it is a courtesy thing to the person who agreed to being interviewed or even if the famous person's ''people'' set the interview up.
I agree DrakeInferno, it is common practice.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Good to see the media holding the powerful to account like they were meant to do, rather than be part of the campaign team
edit on 25-2-2016 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

Not sure they are , I think this was done for their benefit.

The recording comes at an uncomfortable moment for Joe and Mika, who are facing criticism for an allegedly cozy relationship with the Republican front-runner.

I heard nothing in the recording that would cause Trump a problem , he will probably use this story to his benefit , the media are out to get poor old Donald.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Sorry, but I feel the OP is taking what actually happened way out of context and making it into an issue, when it is not.

I heard the recording a few days ago and even the anchor on CNN reported it in a light and almost comical way.

Trump doesn't strike me as one to hide or shy away from the hard questions. That's ridiculous to even claim that.

He was JOKING. The anchors were joking. Trump actually has a personality.

And a pulse.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
Good to see the media holding the powerful to account like they were meant to do, rather than be part of the campaign team

? I hope that was in jest

It sounded to me like they were ready to speak for him lol

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Wow. Hoping for his death?? That's harsh and quite immature, IMHO.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

Sorry, but I feel the OP is taking what actually happened way out of context and making it into an issue, when it is not.

No need to be sorry, your opinion is just as valuable as anyone elses

I heard the recording a few days ago and even the anchor on CNN reported it in a light and almost comical way.

Humor is often used to minimalize an issue

Trump doesn't strike me as one to hide or shy away from the hard questions. That's ridiculous to even claim that.

And yet he said "No hard questions" point blank

He was JOKING. The anchors were joking. Trump actually has a personality.

Speaking of taking out of context, how do you know he was joking, wouldnt that be assuming context? None of them sounded like they were joking at all

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I heard nothing in the recording that would cause Trump a problem , he will probably use this story to his benefit , the media are out to get poor old Donald.

Of course he is, they are in his pocket, its great for him

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   

I think there are numerous valid reasons to question trumps ability to run this country in a positive direction.

However, I think you might be clouding your thoughts with your hate for trump, that you might have missed the bigger story here if you think this only happens with trump?

Seeing previous post of yours I'm sure you don't think that trump is the only one that gets that treatment, but just wanted to clarity?

IMO the bigger story is that clearly the MSM is propaganda and despite what they air on screen, they are in cohoots with our politicians.

edit on 28229America/ChicagoThu, 25 Feb 2016 12:28:45 -0600000000p2942 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   
MSNBC is soooooo left it is ridiculous. I think the DNC actually owns them. Look, this is 3 people talking together. If his campaign manager was found to be asking or planing questions, like Hillary, I would be all over it. This sounds like friends. Nothing more and that is what people like. No complaining just some bs'ing and on with the show.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

It was a joke folks and hence the absurdity of the two helicopters colliding. I just wanted to make that association between Trump and Bloomberg who are both of course billionaires flying above us in their helicopters (which is itself imagery I chose because it symbolizes the disconnect from the rest of us).

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: jaws1975
Trump asking for easy questions was the least worrisome part. Trump was asking Joe for advice and Joe was licking Trumps boots.

It's all rigged folks, Trump is an imposter, there to insure a Hillary win. Just like when McCain chose Palin for VP.

riiight....because joe scarborough is such a lefty, that he is helping trump get Hillary elected....riiight. got it.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Dude, if you think that both political sides and all of msm aren't in on it together, then you have been fooled.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

IMO the bigger story is that clearly the MSM is propaganda and despite what they air on screen, they are in cohoots with our politicians.

That seems a little superficial to me for several reasons:

1. Since when has the media been impartial in elections? Newspapers for instance have been endorsing candidates for President since the beginning.

2. It's a for profit business. They all appeal to a certain demographic to which they tailor their product. They also want to cash in on the spectacle of this election, particularly Trump's campaign.

3. Acquiescing is a requirement for access unless we demand otherwise. Whether it's Trump or the RNC, if the outlets don't play by agreed upon rules, their taking their ball and going to the competition.

If nobody is going to tell these assholes that we won't stand for them controlling the media by demanding special treatment then nothing will change. I'm not very optimistic considering that the RNC opened the campaign season by cutting off NBC for "gotcha questions" and were lauded by the unwashed masses and Donald Trump is just one of the supposed victims of the media whose supporters can't wait to cheer him on for "sticking it to the media."

If we want real impartiality, then we have to demand it through our choices in consumption. While individual journalists might have a sense of obligation, do not expect that from media corporations that are worth billions of dollars. Again, I'm not holding my breath, the majority of consumers make horrible choices all the time because they're gullible, lazy, stupid, disinterested or all of the above and this isn't just when it comes to media. Welcome to biggest incorrect assumption about human behavior in free market economics.

Particularly don't expect impartiality from certain outlets — for instance The Washington Times was created for the express purpose of churning out propaganda by a friggin foreign cult (the Unification Church) who also gave us the "news agency" UPI (United Press International).

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: BestinShow

For a guy that wants take out ISIS and take their oil mainly Syrian oil. Trump is the same as Rubio.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sargeras

a reply to: Sargeras

They are all the same, but at least trump is fun to watch.

I would hope that people had more intestinal fortitude and personal responsibility to take the future of our country a little more seriously than how much Entertainment value it provides.....

This comment is indicative of one of the many problems now plaguing the US

Once again, which candidate is better?

None, that is a fact!

So I might as well enjoy the show as it all burns around me.

There were many that were drastically better, Rand Paul was my first choice, we had the largest field we have ever had, Trump, his ego, his lies, and his lack of knowledge should never have even been a consideration...

Hes just proof that "conservatives" who support him have no leg to stand on when telling liberals they dont know the issues and are ill informed voters, or just fall for rhetoric. Conservatives who support him have become exactly what they have lambasted the left for.

So who are you supporting?

I wanted random Paul as well...

But since that isn't going to happen, I'm voting trump, just for the side show

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join