It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George H.W Bush on UFOs: people can't handle the truth

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Don't know if this was covered..couldn't find anything on it.. Some months back before jeb bush suspended his campaign to become president he brought his dad, former president george bush senior, to an event of his to help out with jebs efforts. When taking questions, bush senior supposedly gave an unusual answer to a question about ufo discloser.

worldnewsdailyreport.com...

During the fundraiser, a man in the crowd raised a strange question which led to an even more surprising response by the former president and CIA director. The man asked George Bush Sr when the US government would tell Americans the truth about UFOs, to which he responded: “Americans can’t handle the truth” before the questioning was briefly halted by organizers of the event.

Now a number of presidents and/or candidates have been asked this, so this wasn't the only time George was asked.

Oddly enough, it is not the first time George Bush Sr has had a controversial opinion on the UFO subject as a similar incident occurred on March 7, 1988, during a trip to a George Bush for President Rally in Rogers, Arkansas. The to-be president was then asked, in the advent that he became president, if he would tell Americans the truth about the existence of UFOs, to which Bush replied: “I am very careful in public life about dealing with classified information” he told the reporter.

James Adder, journalist for the Arkansas Globe at the time, also asked about Bush’s knowledge about the UFO phenomena, on behalf of which Bush answered: ” I know some. I know a fair amount” before ending the interview.

George is known by the conspiracy world for having talked about "a new world order" back in the 90s during his anti-terror speeches and is even also said to have been a player in the assassination of JFK many years ago, and of course along with the fact that he and his son were members of the skull and bones at Yale and had a father who directed a company that did business with the financial backers of nazi germany. All in all, unless he pulls a death bed style confession like some others have, this guy who's nearing the end of his life apparently is ok with taking any knowledge he had to the grave, since he did say he knew some things..

www.wnd.com...
www.theguardian.com...

edit on 25-2-2016 by DimensionalChange03 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 01:54 AM
link   
World News Daily is a known hoax site. It's safe to say that anything coming from there is pure garbage.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 02:01 AM
link   
So...in a free world we need Bush to make up our mind?

Can I still have my own opinion?

I think Bush has a mental ilness...he thinks he's god...ruler of all mankind.
He should be treated for that!

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Yes, they exist man, what more do you want?

I believe he said that, it's not hard to believe..

What a surprise we are not alone in this universe with a gazillion star systems.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 02:09 AM
link   
so says the ex head of the CIA and head of military as potus... so continue to leave it in the hands of corporational heads while the rest of humanity works as slaves to a system of strip mining for tech and knowledge exchange? trickle down has no compassion or empathy in it when greed that fuels hatered that perpetuates delusion keeping everyone in ignorance does.

edit on 25-2-2016 by BigBrotherDarkness because: tickle tickle

+6 more 
posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 02:17 AM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

That's if the story originated from the site, several sites have it up. And regardless, it wouldn't take away from the other times he's been asked in the past. He was head of CIA and the president, surely he knows a few things.
edit on 25-2-2016 by DimensionalChange03 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 03:36 AM
link   

edit on 25-2-2016 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 03:44 AM
link   
"They cant handle the truth.. There is really no aliens or UFO's"

I think thats what he was about to say

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 03:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: DimensionalChange03

That's if the story originated from the site, several sites have it up. And regardless, it wouldn't take away from the other times he's been asked in the past. He was head of CIA and the president, surely he knows a few things.

Ok, a quick search shows that these other sites that 'have it up' are, presidentialufo.com, and mysteriousuniverse.org ....
Very credible sources indeed.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 03:54 AM
link   

With everything compartmentalized, he probably does know some bits and pieces. Problem is within minutes of him spilling his guts paper-trails will disappear, agency & department head's ability for recall will become fuzzy/non-existant and there will be blank denials across the board. Him spilling his guts will be totally useless unless he's going to back this up with a book, or go on the lecture circuit.

Even then that would be just for his own gain like so many others, and frankly he doesn't need to financially.

Anything he says at this point is just more "old white-guy he said/she said and leads to more spinning of our wheels.
I believe Alexander and others have that covered.

It's time we just get on board with the idea "official disclosure" is a waste of time. Disclosure happens every time someone is brave enough to report their individual encounter/sighting. Anecdotal or not it's another piece of the puzzle.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 03:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iamnotadoctor

Ok, a quick search shows that these other sites that 'have it up' are, presidentialufo.com, and mysteriousuniverse.org ....
Very credible sources indeed.

Yep, highly credible (on ATS anyway).

From the worldnewsdailyreport disclamer.

worldnewsdailyreport.com...

Legal Notice

Information contained in this World News Daily Report website is for information and entertainment purposes only. The website and the information (including changes to the terms herein) may be changed or updated from time to time without notice. In consideration for using this website, the visitor agrees to hold WNDR and its directors, officers, members, employees and agents harmless against any claims for damages or costs or any loss of any kind arising out of the access to or use of this website or any information contained in or obtained through this website.

Certain links in the website connect to other sites maintained by third parties that may or may not be presented within a frame on the website. World News Daily Report has not verified the contents of such third party sites and does not endorse, warrant, promote or recommend any services or products, that may be provided or accessed through them or any person or body which may provide them. WNDR has not issued or caused to be issued any advertisements which may appear on these websites and therefore accepts no responsibility for such content.

What's not to trust?
edit on 25-2-2016 by cuckooold because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 03:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance
World News Daily is a known hoax site. It's safe to say that anything coming from there is pure garbage.

How dare you badmouth WND! They are a bastion of credibility!
Let us take some examples from the 'recent posts' section on their site:

Man arrested while attempting to rob the same bank for the 11th time.

CERN scientist converts to Christianity after “divine vision from Heaven”.

Wife Cheated on Husband with 12-Foot Long Boa Constrictor.

‘Hot’ Islamic State Soldier Quits Jihad for Modeling Career.

Woman claims she is the daughter of Marilyn Monroe and JFK?

South Carolina: Woman bears twins, calls them Donald and Trump.
edit on 25-2-2016 by Iamnotadoctor because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Assuming the quote is accurate, ol' Bush is right. While I'm sure most of us could take the info an insider has as good, educational information, a sizeable percentage of the world wouldn't accept it. It would cause mass hysteria, especially in highly religious parts of the world.

Then again, if the UFO aren't piloted by ET's, but humans experimenting with science and technology hidden from the general public..... I honestly might not be able to handle that truth/deception.

Both scenarios are very possible, and more than likely one is the truth.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 04:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Iamnotadoctor

Ok..

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 04:35 AM
link   
a reply to: cuckooold

I guess your amazing investigative work, that disproves nothing, means that bush hasn't responded similarly to the same type of questions in the past and knows nothing despite directing the CIA lol.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 07:09 AM
link   

a reply to: cuckooold

I guess your amazing investigative work, that disproves nothing, means that bush hasn't responded similarly to the same type of questions in the past and knows nothing despite directing the CIA lol.

I think you are taking this personal, and you shouldn't. Bush may indeed have said this, but since the only sources for the story are garbage sources, it's wise to assume they aren't true. If you just blindly believe it because it sounds like what you want to hear, that's on you and that has a name. (confirmation bias)

If you realize you were had by an enticing headline, nobody will get out the torches and pitchforks. It happens to the best of ATS.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: DimensionalChange03

I absolutely was around when he did really say those things...and remember him doing so...

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   
So we have a UFO that crashed in Roswell, UFOs over Washington DC, UFO over Phoenix and a 100 more cases with multiple witnesses and you still want the Government to tell you they exist ?

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   
What if the "truth" that "people can't handle" had nothing specifically to do with "UFOs"?

What if "UFOs" are just the name of a subset of something which people "couldn't handle"?

What if, as just one "silly example", that people's minds are so carefully controlled by culture and religion, to prevent those people and minds from having some effect on society that is considered "contra-indicated" by those in power?

I'm just saying that there could indeed be something which people in power think "couldn't be handled" and it might have almost NOTHING to do with "UFOs".

It's not good to jump to massive conclusions when lacking hardly any relevant information at all.

Kev

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Known hoax to who?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join