It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tony Blackburn Sacked by the BBC over Savile enquiry

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 01:10 AM
link   
It seems that that another house hold name in British broadcasting has been pulled into the Savile enquiry, this time veteran DJ Tony Blackburn.

The reason for his sacking is posted as covering up evidence in relation to sexual abuse cases carried out by Savile.

This quote is taken from the Guardian:::
The 73-year-old claimed he had been sacked because his evidence to Smith shows that a cover-up, of which he had no knowledge, had taken place. His sacking, he claimed, had been a decision taken, personally, by the BBC’s director general.

www.theguardian.com...

The current news reports also goes into detail about a allegation that was made against a BBC DJ in 1971 by the mother of a 15 year old girl who went on to take her own life, a allegation that was then withdrawn and no action was taken.

Its is said that Mr Blackburn is now going to take legal action against the BBC regarding the matter..

Further link

www.telegraph.co.uk...

RA

edit on 25-2-2016 by slider1982 because: links 404d updated

edit on 25-2-2016 by slider1982 because: link update (again)

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Good, i hope this Savile enquiry puts an end to the BBC news network.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 01:59 AM
link   
a reply to: slider1982

Dang those telegraph and guardian links got 404'd real quick!

It is surprising how well they can keep these horrific crimes out of the news and away from legitimate justice.

We can only hope that the guilty will be held accountable and considering it appears to go all the way to the "royal" family, it can not happen soon enough.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 02:05 AM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove

Thanks for the heads up,

Links now updated

edit on 25-2-2016 by slider1982 because: (no reason given)

EDIT:: LINKS UP DATED AGAIN...
edit on 25-2-2016 by slider1982 because: LINKS UPDATE

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 04:25 AM
link   
a reply to: slider1982

Interesting because the attached report on the suicide mentions John Peel and also says Saville was interviewed

.www.dailymail.co.uk... So-starts-WERE-involved.html

Apparently she was 15 and use to go to Top of the Pops regularly.

I was surprised about this article coming up which is fairness does seem to be loaded against our Tony when the above article actually about this young girls' suicide doesn't appear to even name him. He was also a single man at the time.

I have always liked Tony Blackburn and heard he is one of the nicest men going so I wish him well with his case. What I suspect the BBC didn't like is that he more than likely told a few home truths to the investigation. Good luck Tony.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 06:03 AM
link   
He almost certainly named some names.
That's why he got binned.

I wouldn't be surprised if he reported someone for this and was told to go away and shut up.
It's probably this that he stated in the interview and what got him in trouble.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Its about time the fantastically biased BBC was totally dismantled, shut down completely, I'm watching to see what biased crap they spout regarding the UK's in/out referenda, do do give both sides, the the 'in' side gets more first. no one notices the £30,000,000 per day the Brussels gets to keep, I wonder how many schools and hospitals that would pay for.
Sorry for going of topic, the BBC does get me riled at times.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Reading through Facebook comments on this someone said Jill Dando had spoken to a friend about this and mentioned the BBC's DJs. Her murder is still something that puzzles me, but if its linked to protecting high profile people then of course Jill was expendable.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
He almost certainly named some names.
That's why he got binned.

I wouldn't be surprised if he reported someone for this and was told to go away and shut up.
It's probably this that he stated in the interview and what got him in trouble.

He didn't name any names, there is no proof that the incident in question actually took place. The mother of the young woman who committed suicide alleged that a DJ had been involved in a sexual offence, but retracted that shortly afterwards. The review says that Blackburn was interviewed by his boss about the matter which Blackburn categorically ever took place. The author of the review has said he's lying and her opinion has been the one the BBC want to go along with. There is no suggestion he did anything or witnessed anything in the report, merely that the author believes he isn't a reliable witness because his recollection doesn't match the one from someone else she decided to use.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

Probably because his statement didn't support what has already been decided.

They probably sacked him in truth because he is the only surviving D.J still in employment from the era in which most of the allegations relate to.

Oh, there is Brian Matthew, but I don't think he is as high profile as Blackburn. And he was a fair bit older than the other D.J's with the exception of Savile.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
a reply to: uncommitted

Probably because his statement didn't support what has already been decided.

They probably sacked him in truth because he is the only surviving D.J still in employment from the era in which most of the allegations relate to.

Oh, there is Brian Matthew, but I don't think he is as high profile as Blackburn. And he was a fair bit older than the other D.J's with the exception of Savile.

Agreed, if they wanted to move him on then that's their business, but the way this has been done means there will be a cloud over him that shouldn't be there.

top topics

join