It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Real Republicans Only Marry Once

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 01:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Godhead
Leftists, liberals, commies, polygamists, etcetera are inclined to swing partner to partner, have multiple marriages, cheat on each other, never swear on vows, multiple partners etcetera.

You know, that's pretty much BS, right? Being not serious to lefties, liberals & such, I mean. I consider myself liberal in social matters, but personally don't approve of people who hop from one spouse to the next indefinitely. I've been married to mine for 10 years, and intend to keep it that way until one of us kicks the bucket. It's a commitment, not a game.

But thanks for lumping everyone together anyway. Awful generous of you.
edit on 2/25/2016 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 05:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Godhead

So, you believe that one cannot be a real republican unless they have only married once? What if that one marriage has more whoring, back stabbing, or psychological abuse contained within it, than any other thing it might have to it's name? More to the point, who made you greater than Christ, equal to God?

It is not your place to judge these things. No mortal on the face of the world has that right. What makes you so special?

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

The wife and I crossed the 32 year mark just this month. Yeeha Baby!!

Congrats!!! And good job!

Hubby and I will celebrate 33 years next month... and I still don't know how we did it. I just know we never gave up on each other. The rest gets a little murky!

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 06:08 AM
link   

My dad was a "real" Republican... and even he said tis better to divorce than to commit murder. That may be extreme, but it makes the point. Some marriages just aren't meant to be.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl
Congratulations! My husband and I will cross our 36th in May. I was not raised by morale people so personally I can't give them credit. I took an oath before God and I meant it. And he never scared me.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   

I don't think this is a Republican trait, but something that most anyone should take seriously.

Marriage is, or should be, regarded as forever. So you shouldn't tie the knot unless you actually mean it and mean to stick it out. There is a reason why you make all those vows about rich/poor, sickness/health, etc.

Too many people regard it as something that can be discarded the minute it becomes inconvenient or hard, or they think that the first blush of passion is true love and when it fades (as it always does), then they made a mistake and chuck an perfectly good person over it because their nethers suddenly get the tinglies for someone else.

The real tragedy is what people will do to their children over this selfishness. If you even, for one second, think you are going to hop to someone else out of your own desires, please do them and favor and don't have them.

I forget exactly how many years my husband and I will be married this May ... Time just sort of goes by. I don't need to tick off the years to know they've been good for us.
edit on 25-2-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   
You know, it is funny... I have always been open minded on relationships. I don't feel they have to be any particular way.
As I grew up, there was only divorced people around me, those who were doing open marriage, swinging, hidden affairs, experiments with all sorts of relationships and sex.

Yet, somehow, I've been married for exactly half my life now, and have never cheated, never separated. It is my first and only marriage so far, and I had no fixed idea that it would be my last when we did the ceremony.
We got to our forties, and other couples around us were either having secret affairs (which all blew up eventually and destroyed the marriage) or they were being "libertines"- swinging, together. So we went to a couple clubs, telling ourselves if so many are doing it, it must be neat! Ended up running out, both of us, not wanting anything to do with it. We're apparently just not made for that stuff.

We love the comfort and security of a long term relationship. I love the depth of emotion that develops over so much time, which makes sex a spiritual experience... I find myself still physically attracted to him strongly.

And yet, I have no firm ethical belief about marriage. The people I know who do? (both friends and family) are strangely the ones that have been married many times and done infidelity and all that.

I suspect that humans are hypocritical by nature, and those that talk the most, do the least, in all things!

Once you draw lines for yourself, it seems that provokes your body to lunge towards crossing it.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Godhead
Marriage is a lifelong commitment. A prerequisite for a strong healthy family for your children, marriage is the hardest right in reproductivity. I laugh as I write this because it seems like something that doesn't need explaining.

Leftists, liberals, commies, polygamists, etcetera are inclined to swing partner to partner, have multiple marriages, cheat on each other, never swear on vows, multiple partners etcetera.

Of course that ain't always true. People get divorced for real good reasons such as a partner turned out to be abusive, criminal or mentally unstable.

If you're a Republican looking to connect with other Republicans don't go lookin' around the whore house.

This is one of the strangest posts I've seen on ATS... Sure, marriage is a lifelong commitment TO SOME PEOPLE. A prerequisite for a family TO SOME PEOPLE. And has to do with reproduction TO SOME PEOPLE.

I am of the firm belief that each couple defines their marriage. And it's really no one else's business.

Your judgments about "leftists, liberals and commies" makes me think you're taking your username a bit too literally.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Marriage aint what it used to be. I know people who get married like it's a date and say they can just divorce so it's no big deal.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I would hardly call this marriage thread a rant. There isn't any complaining in my content, the tone of it isn't negative and whiney and I was calm and feeling well and healthy as I was writing it. LOL

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Whoof! Ranting with a really broad brush! But.......... that's your right, and my right to disagree. I know folks of all political spectrum that have been together a long time, including folk that thought their commitment to each other didn't require a formal ceremony.

Guess where their political alignment was. ;o)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join