It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SCOTUS Watch: White House Reportedly Vetting Nevada GOP Gov. Brian Sandoval

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I'm no fan of Obama whatsoever, but I think I might be able to support this if Sandoval is the nominee. I'm going to have to look at his record more thoroughly, but even though he's generally going to be called a 'moderate' or a RINO, on the surface, he appears to be quite strong on the 2nd amendment. With 2A being one of the biggest issues at stake with this nomination, if I were the GOP, I think I might go ahead and take a win on that issue and worry about the rest if and when it becomes a problem. Plus, there will likely be other opportunities...possibly under a GOP president...to add another, more conservative justice in the relatively near future.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

This development is incredibly amusing to me! It seems many liberal activists and Democrats are gasping in surprise, not to mention Republicans! "The Guardian," weighs in with this article:

"Downright absurd," say liberal activists

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Well, so much for all of that. Apparently, Sandoval is now saying 'thanks, but no thanks' to the idea of being Obama's nominee.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Some of you are just completely off your rockers.

Bon appetit.

What makes you say such a thing? Can you explain to someone who does not get what you mean?

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: vor78
Well, so much for all of that. Apparently, Sandoval is now saying 'thanks, but no thanks' to the idea of being Obama's nominee.

Ohhhh, I was having some fun with this!

Was this an early April Fool's prank?

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: tweetie

It IS hilarious, no doubt, and something I actually DID expect. His strong pro-gun rights record alone was enough to drive the progressive left nuts. Its too bad that he doesn't want it, because watching the far-left AND far-right have apoplectic fits of rage over it would have been quite entertaining.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: vor78

The meaningful entertainment value would have been quite high and I'm disappointed the fun is already over.

Governor of Nevada of all places! How poignant!

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Honestly, I think the only reason why the administration leaked his name out there was to use Sandoval as a means of kicking the Senate to score a few political points. Sandoval, to his credit, apparently realized that he was about to be used as a disposable pawn and decided to get the hell out before it could happen.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   
On the Issues: Brian Sandoval

I'm on board with Brian Sandoval.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

I would have supported his nomination as well, but Sandoval has removed himself from consideration. For my part, he would not have been the ideal candidate, by any stretch, but still easily the best we were going to get under Obama or Hillary/Sanders.
edit on 25-2-2016 by vor78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   

a reply to: EternalSolace

I would have supported his nomination as well, but Sandoval has removed himself from consideration.

Ah, I see. Too bad. I don't blame him for steering clear of the cat and mouse game. But McConnell is a damned idiot for not backing him.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Honestly, I think the only reason why the administration leaked his name out there was to use Sandoval as a means of kicking the Senate to score a few political points. Sandoval, to his credit, apparently realized that he was about to be used as a disposable pawn and decided to get the hell out before it could happen.

Then kudos to Mr. Sandoval. Perhaps he was the most surprised of all or..... there is something deeper going on there. Perhaps a group of the Republicans had him in mind if they can force an appointment delay until January and the Obama administration found out about it and turned the tables on them.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Obama nominating a moderate? I'll believe it when I see it. Until then, color me skeptical.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   
You guys crack me up; Obama could repeal Obamacare and you'd suddenly be shouting to the high heavens and fighting the repeal saying how he's evil and wicked and there is some foul plot afoot! Can't trust him no way-no how everything he does is so diabolically evil and super-genius level that nobody can divine his true master-plan to deliver us all to SATAN!!!

You sound brainwashed.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   
He's as crooked as they come. He just killed Solar power in Nevada by taking bribes from Nevada Energy. Horrible person.

Do we really want someone on the supreme court who will side with big corporations over individual Americans? The answer should be no.
edit on 25-2-2016 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

I don't know if you were addressing me or not but I want to tell you something regardless. I live in a small town. In small town politics there are betrayals, death threats, sabotage, bribes, power plays, affairs, fierce competition, children of board members being beat up, stacking votes, etc. It doesn't happen every day but it's a mild microcosm of what goes on in Washington on a massive scale.
edit on 25-2-2016 by tweetie because: added a word

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join