It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton Campaigns To Allow Hit-And-Run Victims To Sue Car Makers

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Hillary is pouring on the old "Let's sue the bastards" theme.

Lately it's been about suing gun manufacturers.

Now it's about suing car makers when the car is used as a "weapon of choice" even if it's accidental !!!!

When will these lawyers give it up?

I imagine something like this would cause millions of lawsuits one after another.

Campaigning in South Carolina today, Democrat presidential candidate Hillary Clinton argued that accident victims and people who were intentionally run down in hit-and-run attacks with vehicles should be able to sue the automotive industry for damages incurred.

Clinton pointed out that almost every vehicle sold in the United States is capable of exceeding the speed limit and may be obtained by criminals second-hand, and often times illegally, to justify her position.

“So far as I know, the car industry and car dealers are the only business in America that is totally free of liability for their behavior. Nobody else is given that immunity. And that just illustrates the extremism that has taken over this debate.”

SUE 'em ALL !!!

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Well if Hillary hits and runs on this country I'll sue the Democratic party.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

...and the oh so different Bernie seems to be following right alongside.

I'll have to check it out a little further...your source isn't exactly unbiased. Right or wrong? Don't know...but the bias seem obvious.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Wow... just wow...

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Stands to reason they should be able to sue the oil companies too. The cars cant drive without gas right?

Hell we should be able to sue the cattle industries every time someone gets a raw burger .

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Bernie ought to sue Hillary and the DNC for 'Hit & Run'.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   
So if that deters car manufacturers from manufacturing cars, what happens to the oil industry?

Hmm... Maybe she's got a point

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Do people now see how far over the edge she's gone? Suing car makers for a hit and run. What's next, suing candy makers when a person chokes? How about suing the rancher when a person chokes on a steak? Or a farmer when a person dies from obesity? Shouldn't have grown all that food I guess. This wanna be President has shown she is not fit to even run, much less win.
The sad part is, I'll bet there were people cheering their little heads off at this insane idea.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Is that a satirical piece trying to point out the hypocrisy of suing firearms manufacturers in the Original Post because I was unable to find this anywhere else?

edit on 24-2-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Can't legally drive without paying for insurance.

They need some legal penetration too ... and a RICO prosecution for everyone in government who made the mandatory purchase of insurance LAW.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

That's the only one I could find, too.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ilikebooze

In the future if it's solar powered cars we will be forced to nuke the sun.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Just one problem with this, campaigns can't make laws.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   

WOW - she's lost the plot, so actual assailants and perpetrators are now not accountable but the manufacturers of inanimate objects are?

Can victims of US government policies sue politicians who enact them?

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
That's the only one I could find, too.

I am calling this bogus.

I cannot stand Clinton at all but this just seems to be a complete fabrication for satirical purposes.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   
This has to be a joke.Or has she gone completely senile?

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   
BEX alert!

The sources refer to a gun law; there is nothing about autos in there.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Hillary is pouring on the old "Let's sue the bastards" theme.

Lately it's been about suing gun manufacturers.

Now it's about suing car makers when the car is used as a "weapon of choice" even if it's accidental !!!!

When will these lawyers give it up?

I imagine something like this would cause millions of lawsuits one after another.

Campaigning in South Carolina today, Democrat presidential candidate Hillary Clinton argued that accident victims and people who were intentionally run down in hit-and-run attacks with vehicles should be able to sue the automotive industry for damages incurred.

Clinton pointed out that almost every vehicle sold in the United States is capable of exceeding the speed limit and may be obtained by criminals second-hand, and often times illegally, to justify her position.

“So far as I know, the car industry and car dealers are the only business in America that is totally free of liability for their behavior. Nobody else is given that immunity. And that just illustrates the extremism that has taken over this debate.”

SUE 'em ALL !!!

What is wrong with you? Do you intentional look for BS stories to post here?

HotAir Original Story

It's a quote about the firearm industry and your "source" changed it to auto manufactures.

“So far as I know, the gun industry and gun sellers are the only business in America that is totally free of liability for their behavior. Nobody else is given that immunity. And that just illustrates the extremism that has taken over this debate.”

Why is everything you post suspect? Off to the Hoax Bin wit ya!
edit on 24-2-2016 by Connector because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   

So is she trying to set precedent for people to sue Smith & Wesson?

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   
OK, so upon further reading, the author of the article is indeed basing this on a policy related to suing gun manufacturers, Hillary is not actually campaigning for car manufacturers to be sued - the author is making a point...

No one in their right mind would attempt to hold a company who makes a tightly-regulated and well-designed product legally responsible for what a criminal decides to do with that product after it is lawfully sold in the marketplace, much less for what happens with that product ten or more years down the road.

Plaintiffs should not be able to sue Jeep (or a Jeep dealer) because Taheri-azar decided to attempt to run down students due to his terrorist beliefs. If someone gorges on unhealthy foods and experiences a stroke or heart attack due to the bad decisions they’ve made, they shouldn’t be able to sue restaurants or grocery stores, either. Clinton is arguing that these businesses should be able to be sued, and that’s insane.

Individual human beings must be held responsible for their decisions. Attempting to sue companies for making a lawful product—whether a sedan or a bag of chips or a firearm—for the willful and dangerous misuse of that product is not just wrong, it’s nuts.

Unfortunately, Hillary Clinton really is making that argument.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join