It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Answers for Atheists

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: JackReyes
And although you were given a body that does 99.9% all by itself, without your help, it was already programmed to do all the necessary things of life to keep you alive, aside from eating and sleeping, you are sentient.

We aren't actually a nice neat working package like that though. We are actually a combination of multiple living systems all working together. We are hosts to many various micro organisms that are each their own living system which if we didn't have them working in combination with others we would die. Or what we commonly think of ourselves as would die.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: JackReyes

LoL, meaning literally all of your "evidence" are bible passages. Circular self justifying logic is truly amazing to witness.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Lucky for us God had the foresight to implement all those complimentary systems. Too bad some small things like every disease ever slipped past him.
edit on 24-2-2016 by Esoterotica because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Hey I don't doubt the rarity of my existence compared to the possibility of not existing. I do however doubt the need for a selfish mad scientist god to have provided it for me though.

So...let me get this straight. This god thing creates me, then makes my sole objective be to find it, whilst at the same time prohibiting me from knowing it? Is that about right?

Bit of a joker this god aye.

link   

a reply to: TerryDon79

I've given some evidence, even in this thread. And I refrain from giving more, and there is much more to give. Because I have already seen the posts of the majority of you responding.

You don't want proof. And if you are given it, you just ignore it and will attack the person giving it to you.

I do NOT feel obliged to respond to everyone here. And I have respected you enough to give you this attention. Don't expect for more though.

In fact, I've had my say.

Um, you haven't given a shred of proof. You've given opinions, beliefs, metaphors, quoted the bible, but yet to have offered any actual proof.

If that's the way your "proof" works then there must be an Easter bunny. Why, you ask? Well, my daughter SAYS she does (opinion), BELIEVES in it (belief), there's plenty of documentation about it in stories (quoted).

See the similarities?

link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Imagine if you combined the two into a super-agenda, the unstoppable Gaytheist Agenda? They could listen to show tunes while urinating on crosses and calling it art.

You just described the typical sunday morning in my household.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   

His mind is beyond our comprehension.

And yet every religion thinks they can define this entity, and know how it thinks, what it believes, its likes and dislikes. Like the meme says...

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   

a reply to: TerryDon79

I've given some evidence, even in this thread. And I refrain from giving more, and there is much more to give. Because I have already seen the posts of the majority of you responding.

You don't want proof. And if you are given it, you just ignore it and will attack the person giving it to you.

I do NOT feel obliged to respond to everyone here. And I have respected you enough to give you this attention. Don't expect for more though.

In fact, I've had my say.
You have not offered any evidence at all. You have just quoted some scripture and voiced your opinion that god is self evident, which is obviously not the case. You have offered the exact same response as the OP. Feelings. Somehow you think that if you really, really believe, then that should convince everyone. Not to mention the all to condescending claim that there must be something wrong with people who are not convinced by your feelings. I asked for your best evidence and you brought your feelings. Par for coarse. It is the best argument you have and it's not convincing anyone. Nor should it. Atheism comes out on top as the rational position. Thank you for giving up. Just another theist who has exhausted his own argument. You are not even convinced that your argument is convincing.
edit on 24-2-2016 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

You know, if you think about it, one might consider religious people to be quite selfish, given that their religious views are almost always self serving.

Go figure.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Esoterotica
a reply to: mOjOm

Lucky for us God had the foresight to implement all those complimentary systems. Too bad some small things like every disease ever slipped past him.

Ya. Especially since him being God and all and knowing the whole span of time and human development he would actually have the option of just skipping to the end result right from the start and could avoid all this wasted time. It would be much more logical to just create the end result you wanted and were going to eventually get to anyway right from the start since you already know what the end goal is rather than creating one thing and having it slowly and painfully modify and change over time.

It would be like wanting to create a car and knowing how to create one from scratch but instead first creating a pair of skates and slowly modifying them again and again until you turn them into a car.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

Every time a theist "gives up" out of frustration, it strengthens the position that there are no good reasons to accept their claims. If there were good reasons, then they would lead the argument with them.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver
a reply to: Jonjonj

Every time a theist "gives up" out of frustration, it strengthens the position that there are no good reasons to accept their claims. If there were good reasons, then they would lead the argument with them.

Lol I understand their position, you gotta have faith!

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I just had an interesting thought.

If god did exist he would be thing for where's Waldo.

No one can see him or find him anywhere. Some people don't even think it's the same god/Waldo as others do.

Best. Disguise. Ever.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   

I will share one more piece of insight with all of you here. And there were a lot of you attacking me at the same time, while ignoring all of my logical explanations.

I wondered about that for a bit. And realized something.

Why did all of you have the NEED to attack me without letup, on every single thing. And not even treat me decently. I mean, I was already prepared for it. For I know that is how YOU behave. Then it hit me.

I don't feel a need to prove anything to you because I already know what is the truth.

You on the other hand, have no idea. You are fearful, and uncertain. And that causes you to react the way you do.

Your attacks, your name calling, and your blowing away of the points shown you, your mockery, all of it was an attempt to assuage your fear, your lack of understanding.

Because if you really believed you had the truth, there would be no need to behave the way you do.

Correct?

There is no need for me to say anything further. I wasn't going to anyway. I just wanted to add this little insight for you.
edit on 24-2-2016 by JackReyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79
I just had an interesting thought.

If god did exist he would be thing for where's Waldo.

No one can see him or find him anywhere. Some people don't even think it's the same god/Waldo as others do.

Best. Disguise. Ever.

OMWhatever, it is like that saying "you can't see the woods for the trees"! Maybe this god thingy is EVERYWHERE...oh dear.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Because if you really believed you had the truth, there would be no need to behave the way you do.

Correct?

All we asked for was evidence. All you gave us was scripture and non relevant statistics.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   

I will share one more piece of insight with all of you here. And there were a lot of you attacking me at the same time, while ignoring all of my logical explanations.

No one attacked you. You were saying you were using logic and showing proof when in fact you were using faith, not proof or logic.

Why did all of you have the NEED to attack me without letup, on every single thing. And not even treat me decently. I mean, I was already prepared for it. For I know that is how YOU behave. Then it hit me.

I don't feel a need to prove anything to you because I already know what is the truth.

You on the other hand, have no idea. You are fearful, and uncertain. And that causes you to react the way you do.

Not fearful or uncertain. You claim to know what all atheists and agnostics think. Interesting. Are you this "god" thing you were talking about?

Your attacks, your name calling, and your blowing away of the points shown you, your mockery, all of it was an attempt to assuage your fear, your lack of understanding.

I didn't see any attacks or name calling. Your points were all about believing. That's not anywhere near what proof is.

Correct?

Believe in something there's no proof for? Santa Claus, Easter bunny and unicorns. Are they real if I just believe too?

There is no need for me to say anything further. I wasn't going to anyway. I just wanted to add this little insight for you.

Well it would have been nice to have seen some proof. Might have converted some of us.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Correct?

You were just as guilty of name calling and acting superior. Funny how after nobody was convinced by your feelings, you decide you don't need to convince us any more.

You were the only person besides the OP who was claiming to know the truth though.

I will remind you of this the next time you decide to join this convo.
edit on 24-2-2016 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79
So, has anyone seen any "proof" of god in this thread yet?

I haven't, unless I missed something?

A supernatural entity, mathematician, physicist,not bound by space or time.

Francis Collins - The Language of God: A Scientist Presents Evidence of Belief

youtu.be...

Is there evidence for belief? Are science and faith consistent ways of seeing the world? Join us as Dr. Francis Collins, world-renowned geneticist, physician, and Former Director of the National Human Genome Research Institute at the National Institutes of Health shares his journey from atheism to faith, propelled by science. His talk is followed by a Q&A session. The Veritas Forum at Caltech, 2009.
edit on 24-2-2016 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   

while ignoring all of my logical explanations.

Faith and logic do not quite fit together,you are arguing that your faith is logical ...

More logic ?

What i think you are saying is that you know better than others and your faith gives you this empowerment, you have no interest in looking at other possibilities as your mind is already made up.....

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join