It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Answers for Atheists

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

now now, easy there big boys.. Every culture has a form of adaptation to the scriptures, most cults also.. Aliens are a dogma for Tom Cruise, Cthulu for Masons
Jesus for Christians, Muhammed for Muslims.. Only culture that lives in a reality is probably the bushmen in Africa and Samer from the North since most native populations have been forced into it..

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

Just above your post Jack gave some very evidential metaphors to convince us shameful atheists of our pathetic ignorance.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Dubble
edit on 24-2-2016 by Esoterotica because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

Pure hatred lies at the heart of Atheism.

Hatred of......what exactly?

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

I think we should skip all the label defining and keep it simple. The easiest way to go is to limit to just those two terms. Theist and Atheist. Just like Sexual and Asexual. You're either one or the other and there is no need to subdivide them. You can if you want but it's not needed. Everyone will qualify for one or the other always with no need for further classification. You can be Atheist or Theist. Or if you prefer, Gnostic or Agnostic. Whatever. But without combining them. No need for Agnostic Atheist or Agnostic Theist or anything like that at all. It's either a "True" or "Not True" statement. A zero or Not Zero.

link   
There's just no chance for coexisting beliefs, is there

link   
If anyone is interested these debates have gone on since at least Diagoras.

There are three arguements for God that use reason. They are the cosmological (first cause), ontological (state of being), and teleological (design/ designer).

They are decent arguements. Plenty of rebuttles that make sense.

The teleological having a hint of "scientific evidence" that requires some thought to refute (even Hitchins and the four horsemen admit it's a decent arguement). But it certainly doesn't point towards a biblical God, one that even still exists and can be explained with a multiverse fairly easily.

It comes down to if any of these arguements are compelling to you if your looking for an example based on reason.

There is no arguement from a belief system that can be considered rational. If you believe it fine but don't say you can prove it with a bible quote.

link   
a reply to: JackReyes

So if you're in a forest and stumble upon some big mountains. Those mountains have holes in. In those holes is a dead animals. Those dead animals are full of DNA, pro towns, acids and so on.

Your argument isn't made out of logic. Your argument is made out of faith. There's a big difference.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Esoterotica

Just above your post Jack gave some very evidential metaphors to convince us shameful atheists of our pathetic ignorance.

Yeah, metaphors.

Such proof. Much wow.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: Klassified

I think we should skip all the label defining and keep it simple. The easiest way to go is to limit to just those two terms. Theist and Atheist. Just like Sexual and Asexual. You're either one or the other and there is no need to subdivide them. You can if you want but it's not needed. Everyone will qualify for one or the other always with no need for further classification. You can be Atheist or Theist. Or if you prefer, Gnostic or Agnostic. Whatever. But without combining them. No need for Agnostic Atheist or Agnostic Theist or anything like that at all. It's either a "True" or "Not True" statement. A zero or Not Zero.

I like it, but you know there's always someone...

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
We come from from an intelligent thinking God!
God is our origin.

Since the act of creation (actually any purposeful change from one state to another) would seem to imply a deficit or desire of some kind, how do you explain an all-knowing, all-encompassing, trans-spatial/trans-dimensional entity needing to create anything?

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhotonEffect

Actually there is. As long as everyone admits they are beliefs only. That's the problem. I'm sure I believe all kinds of stuff that many others don't and I don't expect them too. I can offer my reasoning why but that's it.

Coexisting beliefs shouldn't be a problem because they are only beliefs and don't exist at all except for the one who believes it. If they actually existed, belief wouldn't be needed.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Welp, you just gone an done it! You turned your god into a mad scientist with no intention of sharing his toys.

Well done, you broke god!

edit on 24-2-2016 by Jonjonj because: addition

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhotonEffect

Well, I don't believe in God, but I think it possible there may be an underlying intelligence in this universe.

I don't know, there's no proof as of yet, but I do think it possible.

As for the Abrahamic concept of God, forget it. These are simply fairy tales for adults.
edit on 24-2-2016 by cuckooold because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

I like it, but you know there's always someone...

Oh yeah. I've been there plenty of times. You can go that route also if you want. It's an option. But since you can keep subdividing them for ever it just becomes so complicated and I'm not sure what the purpose is even. I don't know how it helps explain anything by further dividing those labels. If I'm a Theistic Gnostic Believer and you're an Agnostic Atheist Non-Believer I'm not sure that is any more helpful then just saying I'm a Theist and you're an Atheist. Or one of us believes "This" and the other one doesn't believe "This".

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

Welp, you just gone an done it! You turned your god into a mad scientist with no intention of sharing his toys.

Well done!

His mind is beyond our comprehension. Why would he share his "toys" with someone that can't even use logic to deduct that he exists?

He gave you a mind. The human brain is the most complex thing known in the known universe. And you have one. We know this because you can read.

Imagine the numbers, of you existing. And then imagine that you do. And then understand that you are conscious and can reason and think. And although you were given a body that does 99.9% all by itself, without your help, it was already programmed to do all the necessary things of life to keep you alive, aside from eating and sleeping, you are sentient.

And you can think and reason.

Now know how rare it is to have such a gift.

What do you do with it? Do you search for the one who gave it to you, or do you squander it?

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther

originally posted by: Esoterotica

I don't exist to do anything, but that's something people with "faith" can't understand (I almost envy their delusion)

Again, I think you're unwittingly getting right to the heart of the matter:

You can't stand it, can you? You can't stand the fact that billions of people know something you don't.

Pure hatred lies at the heart of Atheism.
is this the watchmaker's fallacy again? We know where houses and watches come from. Every one of them was built by a human. But people come from other people. You've never seen a human come from anything else but another human. You have never seen a god build a human have you? You are only assuming that gods make humans. Another feeling.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: JackReyes

Well done!

His mind is beyond our comprehension. Why would he share his "toys" with someone that can't even use logic to deduct that he exists?

He gave you a mind. The human brain is the most complex thing known in the known universe. And you have one. We know this because you can read.

Imagine the numbers, of you existing. And then imagine that you do. And then understand that you are conscious and can reason and think. And although you were given a body that does 99.9% all by itself, without your help, it was already programmed to do all the necessary things of life to keep you alive, aside from eating and sleeping, you are sentient.

What do you do with it? Do you search for the one who gave it to you, or do you squander it?

That would be our brain that regulates our bodies. The same thing that's in any animal.

Again with your "logic". Show me some proof. Not a metaphor, a bible passage, an opinion or anything other than COLD, HARD EVIDENCE that there is a god.

Oh, and I love how you have failed to reply to me at all.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: JackReyes

Well done!

how does having a mind that can think and read, specifically point to the biblical gods existance. This is what you are missing in your position. The fact that you are just assuming that god exists. You keep saying words like logic and reason, but you are not showing your work. You are just jumping to a conclusion that is not supported by any evidence. Do you really not understand this very important part of this process?

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   

I've given some evidence, even in this thread. And I refrain from giving more, and there is much more to give. Because I have already seen the posts of the majority of you responding.

You don't want proof. And if you are given it, you just ignore it and will attack the person giving it to you.

I do NOT feel obliged to respond to everyone here. And I have respected you enough to give you this attention. Don't expect for more though.

In fact, I've had my say.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join