It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Answers for Atheists

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
a reply to: Ghost147

When did I ever state that you are 'making atheism sound stupid'?

Just to be clear, I don't hate atheists. But I wouldn't go
so far as to say I'm not prejudice to atheism.

Thanks for totally ignoring all the other information in my post to declare your prejudiced.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147

originally posted by: Barcs
I consider myself an agnostic atheist. The reasoning is simple.

Do I believe in god? No.

Would I be willing change this stance if evidence came about? Yes.

That would make you a Negative/Weak/Soft Atheist (like me).

An Agnostic Atheist is one who lacks a belief in god as well as states "There is no way of knowing if there is or isn't a god"

Damn, I was trying to be positive, strong and stern!

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

so you are prejudiced. first step is admitting atheists arent the only ones with splinters in their eyes.

Ya by the love for my Creator I must be.
But I am very simply compelled to try an reason with you all.
That's love not hate Chasm.
I'm not always perfect either. In fact I never am.
I believe Vger was a good inclination as to where we are.

edit on Rpm30116v21201600000000 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147

I consider myself an agnostic atheist. The reasoning is simple.

Do I believe in god? No.

Would I be willing change this stance if evidence came about? Yes.

That would make you a Negative/Weak/Soft Atheist (like me).

An Agnostic Atheist is one who lacks a belief in god as well as states "There is no way of knowing if there is or isn't a god"

Damn, I was trying to be positive, strong and stern!

Lol. I'm not very fond of the Positive/Weak/Hard Atheist stance. Too irrational for me.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   

a reply to: TzarChasm
But I am very simply compelled to try an reason with all.

Reason.... Right.....

Like how you reject any and all actual definitions of Atheism, regardless of the reputability and number of the sources that confirm your preconceived notion is based on a false premise.

I wonder, if your creator told you to rape and murder your own children, would you do it?

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   

I would. But he would stop me from doing so.
The point you are speaking of is obedience to God.
if God spoke to you what would you do?

edit on Rpm30116v35201600000054 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   

I would.

Then you are indeed a true theist.

May I never, ever meet you in person.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   
This argument is like somebody debating that blue is the best color ever and arguing that:

If you like pink that means you are a girl!

If you like green you must be a hippie who is anti establishment.

If you like black you must be sad and depressed all the time.

If you like red you must be evil and love bloodshed and the devil.

Therefor blue is the correct color.

See what I'm doing there? It's called a strawman. You set up somebody's position to appear weaker than it is by making up a false version of it. The truth is, there are plenty of guys that like pink, plenty of non hippies that like green and being sad and depressed has nothing to do with the color black. Those things may be true for some people, but it is pigeonholing people based on a single preference they have about color, and making nothing but assumptions about them based on this.

This is Randy's argument against atheism in a nutshell.
edit on 3 1 16 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   

May I never, ever meet you in person.

Why not? are you afraid I might rape you?

edit on Rpm30116v50201600000031 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

he truth is, there are plenty of guys that like pink,

I would venture to say only the ones that wish they were girls.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Oh, look, you've now edited for post to protect your image.

But he would stop me from doing so.

Is that so? Because there are countless of individuals who have been told by god to kill their children, or to prevent modern medicine being used and to instead use 'faith healing', or to kill all black people, or to keep all atheists, or to blow up abortion clinics. All of which god did nothing to prevent such actions, yet all these people stated that 'god told me so'

The point you are speaking of is obedience to God.

The point I am speaking of is that you would instantly attempt to rape and murder your children, without question. You would, and can actually warp your mind so much to actually convince yourself that you need to rape and murder your children.

If, in the back of your mind, like you're doing now, you think "Well, god will just prevent me from carrying out the actions", then you aren't really obedient, are you? You're just putting on a play until god tells you to stop, as if god wouldn't know that you really are just doing it for show.

I would assume I'm hallucinating until I could confirm through Objective means that it was really a god. Subjective observation is far too easily influenced by an immense amount of factors to be considered credible.

Why not? are you afraid I might rape you?

Actually it's because your mind is so absolutely damaged, warped and revolting that you would actually, even for a moment, consider actually raping and murdering your own children.

I rather not be acquainted with such a disgusting individual.
edit on 1/3/16 by Ghost147 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   

I guess that makes me soft.. I believe there is something that must have gotten the ball going in some infinite regressed way? But, I can say for a fact it was not any infantile man made God that requires you to worship him for no reason but fear. It's clearly a control mechanism for men to subjugate the masses.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   

he truth is, there are plenty of guys that like pink,

I would venture to say only the ones that wish they were girls.

More stereotyping eh? I appreciate you further illustrating my point. You make it almost too easy

Actually no, it's becoming quite fashionable for guys to wear pink these days. I see tons of masculine men wearing pink now and nobody bats an eye (except the judgmental weirdos, cough cough). It's not my cup of tea, but it is now perfectly acceptable for men to like pink.

edit on 3 1 16 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   

A better question might be: "WHEN God speaks to you what will you do?"
Years ago Jesse Duplantis kept asking to see the Lord and when He finally did show up he was so paralyzed with fear he couldn't even move.

See 29 minute point in video here...

Jesse decided that he wanted to see the Lord: “I said, Now, God, You showed Yourself to men like Adam, Abraham, Noah, Moses, Peter and Paul. Why won’t You show Yourself to me? What’s wrong? I’m just a Cajun from South Louisiana, but I would like to see You. You said You’re no respecter of persons, but it looks like You are.” He says he was a little angry with God.

At a revival meeting, a minister told Duplantis that the Lord would grant him a visitation and that it would occur quickly. After two weeks, Duplantis was again angry with the Lord for not having shown Himself, when he had what he calls a “close encounter.”

transcriptvids.com...

The wind began blowing in our room. At first I thought it was the air-conditioning unit. But then it got stronger, so strong in fact that the curtains started flying up over the rods. When this happened, I was lying on my stomach. I could feel the wind blowing through my body. It was going out my eyes, under my fingernails and out the pores of my skin. I just lost all strength and felt pinned to my bed.

What's happening? I thought. Then I heard a Voice speaking audibly, saying, "You asked to see Me; turn around!" This was an awesome experience! Still lying there, I said, "God!" Twice more, He said to me, "You asked to see Me; turn around." I didn't know what to do. I felt as if my flesh was jumping off my bone. It was such intense physical pressure. My body couldn't handle it. So I didn't move. It seemed as if I was pinned to the bed.

Our digital clock read 3:01 AM when something like the force of a 747 jet blew through every cell of my body. I pinned myself onto the bed, trembling. Then I heard an audible voice. "You said you wanted to see Me. Turn Around." My hair stood on end, and all the strength drained from my body. I had never experienced anything of that magnitude in my life. Somehow, I managed to choke out one word, "No".

www.jdm.org...

He said that the wind began to blow and it became so strong that it blew the curtains up over the rods. The next thing he noticed was that he could feel the wind blowing through his body. The wind was being manifested by coming out of his eyes, under the fingernails, and the pores of the skin. This occurrence had relieved him of all his physical strength and he was unable to move.

What happened next was the answer to his prayer, and the manifestation of the prophecy from the man of God. Suddenly, he heard an audible Voice, “You asked to see Me; turn around!” Still lying on his stomach, and unable to move, Jesse said, “God!”

God was faithful, He had shown up, and He gave Jesse two more opportunities to respond to His command to turn around, and take a look at Him. God said, “You asked to see Me; turn around.” But Jesse being paralyzed with fear, still did not respond to God’s command. The wind stopped blowing, the curtains stopped flopping, and suddenly, God had disappeared into the night as quickly and mysteriously as he had entered; and without Jesse ever taking advantage of a splendid and magnificent opportunity, because of fear.

authonomy.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   

I posted so, you can youse that to my folly any weak way you choose. I will do what my Creator asks of me.
I wouldn't expect you to understand that for your lack of love and gratitude.
edit on Rpm30116v59201600000022 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   

I posted so, you can youse that to my folly any weak way you choose.

Ah, so you're now admitting to being dishonest?

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Why would I be admitting that? I redacted nothing and you're
getting nowhere with your silly attempt to demonize.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   

You keep editing your posts immediately after I respond to them.

You just stated that you only "posted so you can youse that to my folly any weak way you choose". That's stating that you didn't actually mean it. But now with your edited post you state with certainty that you would go through with it if your god told you to.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   

I completely agree...

My guess is that these types of arguments are why the Lord Jesus Christ didn't waste a lot of time arguing.

It's hard to argue with a miracle when it's staring you right in the face.

When you argue with reality, you lose - but only 100% of the time. - Byron Katie.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Ya by the love for my Creator I must be.
But I am very simply compelled to try an reason with you all.
That's love not hate Chasm.

the video you shared is an interesting one. although i have to wonder what happens when the machine that becomes conscious is confronted with...purpose. not only direction, but destination. a finality to its existence, written before it ever knew what destiny is. would such a machine accept that? would such a machine submit to what by that point might seem a supremely foolish and shortsighted endgame? would its understanding of nature correspond with that of its makers? would it even care that it was artificial and not a person by conventional definitions? does this gathering of information promote emotional awareness, or is it simply a chronicle built around a basic function? so many questions raised by an audacious proposition of science fiction. and so few answers.

edit on 1-3-2016 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join