It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Answers for Atheists

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
Atheists want to know what's going on in the universe but reject
mans soul and his spirit.
Road blocks to avenues of information
that make sense of the whole kit and kabootle.

FALSE: Atheism has nothing to do with the soul or spirit. This has already been thoroughly explained, are you not reading your own thread? Atheism is about lack of belief in GOD. I know atheists that believe in the soul, and I know plenty that do not. Soul does not require belief in god, ask a Buddhist.

But yeah, keep those non-answers and outright lies about atheists coming, Randy! It's cool to pigeonhole people into what YOU want their beliefs to be rather than what they actually are.... as long as it's not happening to you, right?

edit on 3 1 16 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   

a reply to: flyingfish

This is why apologetics have no answers for atheist.
Atheist just can't throw their hands in the air and say God did it. We want to know what's really going on in the Universe, not what religions pretend what's going on to make them feel good about mortality.

mans soul and his spirit. Road blocks to avenues of information
that make sense of the whole kit and kabootle.

Chasm

You already made your position clear earlier when ghost147 provided a list of resources and you ...scoffed at it. Didn't address a single article or claim but dismissed it wholesale. Professionally reviewed and unanimously approved data that can be independently verified regardless of what altar you kneel to, something your posts have thus far lacked. You seem pretty oblivious to the double standard here. And no, YouTube videos don't count.

abiogenesis is still an ongoing investigation, but what we can say for sure is that there is currently no evidence of a supernatural force having made the earth, the universe, or the human species. and no amount of virtual bluster will change that, only science can. you are right, people have many questions and they want answers...NOT excuses.

What the hell made you post something worth while out of the blue?

What you consider worthwhile is not my concern. Or so this talking snake tells me.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

FALSE: Atheism has nothing to do with the soul or spirit.

That's eactly what I just said, so how is it false?
Don't play at words with me Barcs.
edit on Rpm30116v29201600000021 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

What you consider worthwhile is not my concern.

Oh I'm well aware of what concerns you more.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   

That's eactly what I just said, so how is it false?

No, that is not what you said. You said "Atheists reject man's soul and his spirit". This is not true because many atheists believe in soul or spirit, they don't reject it.

This is you projecting WHAT YOU WANT TO BELIEVE about atheists, rather than the facts. I know it's comforting to constantly project atheists as this big evil irrational nemesis in a vain attempt to justify your own beliefs, but you have no valid basis for any of those assumptions whatsoever. Atheists reject god, not the soul/spirit, not other dimensions, not other religious concepts. There's gotta be a better way to justify your faith, than making up stuff about non believers.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   

What you consider worthwhile is not my concern.

Oh I'm well aware of what concerns you more.

I'm concerned with staying on topic.

To that end, do you have anything constructive to further illuminate the answers I mentioned earlier?

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

No, that is not what you said. You said "Atheists reject man's soul and his spirit". This is not true because many atheists believe in soul or spirit, they don't reject it.

How can this be true when there is no evidence?
So some atheists are cherry pickers would be a true statement?
edit on Rpm30116v34201600000051 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Barcs
I consider myself an agnostic atheist. The reasoning is simple.

Do I believe in god? No.

Would I be willing change this stance if evidence came about? Yes.

That would make you a Negative/Weak/Soft Atheist (like me).

An Agnostic Atheist is one who lacks a belief in god as well as states "There is no way of knowing if there is or isn't a god"

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   

a reply to: flyingfish
mans soul and his spirit.

I know many atheists that believe in ghosts (myself and wife included) and some others that believe in souls, spirits, and other paranormal/supernatural things.

Once again, your false premise of what Atheism really is is blinding your from reality.

Atheists can pick and choose whatever they want to believe. So long as that belief isn't in the existence of a god, then they're still an atheist.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

Atheists can pick and choose whatever they want to believe. So long as that belief isn't in the existence of a god, then they're still an atheist.

Then don't ever accuse me of making atheism sound stupid because
that thru no fault of your own, just put atheism over the top if
you ask me. It's pure cherry picking anyway you and I look at it.
And the agenda just becomes more clear.
edit on Rpm30116v41201600000048 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   

you dont make atheism sound stupid, but you do call it stupid.

and so far, you havent really provided any viable alternatives. not for lack of trying of course.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Are you saying there are no alternatives to atheism.
I found one when I was ten, completely uninfluenced.
A person who says I believe man has a spirit and a soul
but rejects a book that helps him know more about it?
That's just prejudice.

What I find truly worth while at the moment. Is that you and
I have finally found a level playing field for discourse.
I knew we had it in us somewhere.

edit on Rpm30116v55201600000031 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Then don't ever accuse me of making atheism sound stupid

When did I ever state that you are 'making atheism sound stupid'?

What I will state is that you have some sort of extreme bias towards a concept that you clearly possess no understanding of whatsoever, and reject any and all information that doesn't conform to your preconceived, unchangeable yet astronomically false view on the subject.

You've already readily rejected reality several times throughout this topic in order to protect your totally unnecessary alteration on what you believe atheism to be. No matter how much evidence we throw at your face, you continue to reject it, without even the decency to respond to it's content.

That is the epitome of willful delusion.

It's pure cherry picking anyway you and I look at it.

Yes, the agenda you have is to sustain your falsely preconceived definition on what Atheism is.

It has nothing to do with cherry picking at all. There is one single definition that represents Atheism collectively as a group, a lack of belief in god. Nothing else applies to Atheism at a whole.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Are you saying there are no alternatives to atheism.
I found one when I was ten, completely uninfluenced.

that is not what i posted. go back and read again.

please note the part where i said YOU havent provided any. thats not to say there arent perfectly good alternatives, both rationally sound and morally supportive. that is also not to say that these alternatives are superior to atheism.

edit on 1-3-2016 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147
No, there is no evidence that a god exists, that's why many atheists are actually atheists. There simply is no reason to believe in a god. I lack a belief in gods because there is no evidence or reason to believe in them.

I believed the same thing until He paid me a personal visit one day.

Several years later I was dying, laid in bed for 15 hours terrified because I knew I was dying.

He showed up again, at 3 in the afternoon, I was instantly healed and was out of bed with nothing to show for it.

The fact that you've never seen the dark side of the moon doesn't make it any less real.

I had no reason to believe in a god either but that didn't stop Him from showing up.

There is no lack of evidence, I think the only problem is a lack of desire to see it.

Plenty of others on ATS can back me up on this as well BTW.

I am nothing special...

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

"some things have to be believed to be seen"

that is the definition of confirmation bias.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Just to be clear, I don't hate atheists. But I wouldn't go
so far as to say I'm not prejudice to atheism.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Just to be clear, I don't hate atheists. But I wouldn't go
so far as to say I'm not prejudice to atheism.

so you are prejudiced. first step is admitting atheists arent the only ones with splinters in their eyes.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   

How can this be true when there is no evidence?
So some atheists are cherry pickers would be a true statement?

How can what be true? I have no idea what point you are trying to make. People from all walks of life can be cherry pickers. Atheists can have faith based beliefs just like anybody else, so long as they don't believe in god. Atheists can have irrational beliefs just like any religious person can. They can believe in aliens on the dark side of the moon, or hollow earth, galactic federation or anything else. It's really that simple. You are once again trying to paint atheism as a SYSTEM, when it is only about one single belief (or lack thereof). Do you really not realize this yet?

Once again, you are pigeonholing atheists into a set belief system. They don't all cherry pick. Just like religious people don't all cherry pick which parts of the bible to believe. Many believe it all. Your ridiculous stereotypes of atheists are getting absurd and you don't seem to comprehend that it is STRICTLY about not believing in god. That's it! Stop adding stuff to it. Buddhists are technically atheists. Ask an atheist what he or she DOES believe instead of assigning beliefs to them as if you know everything about atheism when you really are clueless.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid
I believed the same thing until He paid me a personal visit one day.

Subjective observation is not evidence.

If you have no way of discerning that it was a hallucination, or that it was a dream, or that it wasn't really the devil an a god costume, or that it wasn't really an alien abduction, or that it wasn't really your machine malfunctioning while you sit in the true reality of being a biological battery for the machine world (The Matrix), then you have no evidence.

If, however, you are able to confirm your experience through Objective means, then you may be on to something.

Until then, it is beyond well known that our senses are excessively susceptible to a plethora of factors that can influence these senses and project concepts that are simply not real.

I have had a several personal experiences with what could be described as "ghosts" too. Yet I don't go around stating "There is 100% proof of ghosts because I had an experience". Why? Not only because what I experienced could have been affected by the concepts I posted in the previous sentences, but also because none of those experiences can be reproduced, none of them can be cross confirmed through objective means, and I have no way of confirming that what I saw was a spirit of a human being, or if it was a momentary rip in the dimensions between alternate universes.

To conclude anything would be to simply be projecting what I want most to be the truth, such as what you have done.

originally posted by: Murgatroid
The fact that you've never seen the dark side of the moon doesn't make it any less real.

I never stated that "God Is Not Real", or that "God Does Not Exist".

What I did say is that because there is no evidence at all, and because all of the observations we have made point to a natural origin and function without the need for anything supernatural, there is absolutely no reason what so ever to believe a god exists.

PS: How do you explain all the other individuals from all the other religions that experience the same thing but with their respective gods and within their religion? It's not as if everyone in the world is experiencing the same contact from the same individual that you are claiming to have had.

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join