It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Answers for Atheists

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

So I'm supposed to watch a 1 hour video

No, you aren't supposed to do anything. and if I just
repeated answers you would play that silly game of
regurgitation. So you aren't SUPPOSED to do anything
but what ever thou wilt.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

So I'm supposed to watch a 1 hour video

No, you aren't supposed to do anything. and if I just
repeated answers you would play that silly game of
regurgitation. So you aren't SUPPOSED to do anything
but what ever thou wilt.

Oh I'm so very sorry. Here was me thinking this thread had answers for athiests. I was expecting some answers. I wonder what could have given me that idea. Oh how very silly of me.

/sarcasm

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Prezbo369

In your case you're an atheist as you haven't accepted the claims made by theists....

Telling someone what they are or are not is dangerous territory. The problem being that it isn't just one continuum we're dealing with here...it isn't just atheist or theist. To explain this I'll put it in terms of an X axis and a Y axis.

Along the X axis we have the question "Do you hold the belief that there is a God/creator?" This obviously being the atheist/theist line. Then there is the Y axis, where we pose the question "Do you consider your answer to X absolute?" This being the agnostic/gnostic line.

Sure, you could generalize this down a bit, but this is it in totality. One is either a gnostic atheist/theist who claims there there isn't/is a creator/god with absolute certainty....or one is an agnostic atheist/theist who claims there isn't/is a creator/god but does not claim certainty.

I'm an agnostic theist, but most people consider me to be just as religious as your orthodox gnostic theist who claims 100% absolute knowledge....which is just simply not true.

(and it's not just the two questions we can do here...we can also throw in something like "evangelism" to further clarify ones viewpoint. With "evangelism" being to what degree one is likely to spread or "preach" their belief in X and Y....or we could further distinguish what a belief in a creator/god actually entails...maybe some theists think god is omniscient/omnipotent/omnibenevolent while others don't...)

A2D
edit on 27-2-2016 by Agree2Disagree because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agree2Disagree

How can you call it a win? Discussions are not competitions. He has his belief, you have yours. There is no "win" or "lose" when it comes to what someone believes....

A2D

I never once called a win. I just said he lost. Do you see ANY answers for athiests in this thread that goes any further than belief? No? Then no answers. He didn't even try to do what the thread title was. He's basically baiting an argument for religion vs non-religion. Same as he's done numerous times on other threads.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Thanks for lumping me into your narrow view of what an Atheist is and how an Atheist thinks and feels. Agenda? I must have missed that at the last Atheists grand meeting. Never got that memo. Tanks for the heads up though.

I am currently sitting in my house responding to this with my best friend who is looking over my shoulder who is a Christian BTW and we are both laughing at this post. You can't lump everyone into one pile of BS. Just saying.

Maybe I have misread the initial OP though. My attitude is that you do you and I will do me and if no one hurts me or mine then I won't hurt them. Believe in what you like. I am all for freedom of mind. Labels do no justice in this world.
edit on 2-27-2016 by Flint2011 because: Typo

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   

calling his argument a loss is the same as calling an opposing argument a win....

I'll rephrase...how can you call his point of view a loss? It's not a competition, it's an open discussion....

He didn't "lose" anything...perhaps he failed to demonstrate acceptable answers...but calling it a loss would imply there's a winner...and I think it's safe to say we're all losers here.

A2D

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Oh I'm so very sorry. Here was me thinking this thread had answers for athiests. I was expecting some answers. I wonder what could have given me that idea. Oh how very silly of me.

That's the worst form of deflection I've ever seen.
The answers are in your eyes.
edit on Rpm22716v56201600000005 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   

calling his argument a loss is the same as calling an opposing argument a win....

I'll rephrase...how can you call his point of view a loss? It's not a competition, it's an open discussion....

He didn't "lose" anything...perhaps he failed to demonstrate acceptable answers...but calling it a loss would imply there's a winner...and I think it's safe to say we're all losers here.

No, just because an argument failed does not validate another side.

Also, I responded to your first post last page where you asked this very question.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

That's the worst form of deflection I've ever seen.

Is the topic not on "answers for atheists"?

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   

The problem with this thread randy...is that atheists only want answers they find themselves.

Have you ever tried to lead a horse to water? Try leading a horse that refuses to walk...it's quite difficult.

(and before I get hounded)
The same goes for a lot of scientifically illiterate theists....

A2D

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   
What I dont quite get is if you absolutely believed that invisible 6 legged unicorns lived in your garden, and others do not, why would you care what they think?

I am happy for you have such beliefs. But on the understanding that you do not force the rest of us to wear pink pantyhose on Mondays.

And likewise, you are welcome to believe in Ra, Vishna, God, Thor etc. Just dont expect the rest of us to do so as well, especially since if we believe in them all it gets very very confusing ..... especially since the unicorns do not quite get on with the valykrie

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

I haven't seen any claims "as a matter of fact"....

Like I said, it's a discussion not a competition. There are no winners/losers. Which, unsurprisingly, brings up an interesting point. From what I've seen recently, ATS has become much more argumentative and less knowledge based...(particularly so in O&C and CiR)

A2D

link   
a reply to: Agree2Disagree

You either believe in a god or you don't, I'm not sure how varying degrees of certainty changes this?

link   

The problem with this thread randy...is that atheists only want answers they find themselves.

Again, this is a false premise. Atheists aren't even looking for "answers".

There is no universal belief system that Atheists follow, there no theories or myths that all Atheists must accept to be an atheist, there are no practices or traditions of atheism, Atheism is only a lack of belief in gods. That's it.

The problem with this thread is that it's based on a false premise. There for it can't answer any questions, because atheists have no questions.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   

From the op:

We come from from an intelligent thinking God!
God is our origin. 

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

The very foundation of this thread is based off of a supposed "atheist agenda", that alone is a 'matter of fact' claim.

The recent arguments (within the last 2 pages) directly state that there is no evidence for the Big Bang and the specifications around it. That is also a 'matter of fact' claim.

Within that argument it has been stated a number of times that the information given is 'false', 'bull#' and so forth, those are also 'matter of fact' claims.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

If atheists don't have questions, they are a leading a very unhuman existence.

A2D

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Have you ever tried to lead a horse to water? Try leading a horse that refuses to walk...it's quite difficult.

(and before I get hounded)
The same goes for a lot of scientifically illiterate theists....

A2D

I know but it just doesn't hurt to try and I didn't expect to
be recieved at all. I'd call the overwelming amount of
responses a success.

edit on Rpm22716v17201600000013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   

If atheists don't have questions, they are a leading a very unhuman existence.

Individually, of course they have questions. But, those questions don't stem from Atheism.

Your concept of what an atheist is and what atheism is is very obscure.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Prezbo369

When you speak, do you ALWAYS preface things with "in my opinion"...I know I don't, and I can tell when someone is speaking from an opinion or from a matter of fact...(in person at least)

a2D

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join