It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Answers for Atheists

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: MrConspiracy

But we're not programmed to understand it.

So you were catholic (raised) and yet you think you were programmed; Is god a programmer, are you software?

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

And I guess it takes someone who hasn't been trained
to only think and believe the crap a university teaches you

You do realize that the earliest Universities were created by religious institutions I hope; and they were encouraged to operate without hindrance from Emperors priest etc...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
a reply to: Ghost147

You know after all that bullsh!t I've decided something you
can actually present a decent argument against.

I've decided I'm The only smart person on this planet.

You asked for proof, you got it. Now you reciprocate or admit you can't.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   

a reply to: Ghost147

Why is it 'ignorant' to conclude that the universe could have formed naturally?

Because any thinking person understands that nature is a part of the universe.
No universe no nature. And I guess it takes someone who hasn't been trained
to only think and believe the crap a university teaches you to point that out.

No one ever said no universe they said singularity. The entire universe in one point. All the matter and substance that makes up everything was there it didn't just poof into exsistance. The information for it all was there to begin with.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

One thing you will always lose on (as a person of any religion) is trying to give an answer to an athiest or agnostic about proving god exists.

No religion can, or ever has, prove it.

It can't be done.

You have "faith" and that's enough proof? That's not proof. If it was then Santa Claus (not st Nick. I mean the fat dude in the red suit), the Easter bunny, unicorns and the boogie man would all exist.

Didn't you know the boogeyman does exist. It's name is Russia!!! Back on topic what the h*ll was the OP trying to say? "I believe so therefore it's reality"? I mean seriously is this a troll post or sarcasm? That had to be one of the WORST arguments I've ever seen for "God" and I even believe in some combination of universal consciousness/reincarnation/etc. etc. But COME ON! I think those of us who have studied the scientific method KNOW the notion of "God", let alone a Jewish,Christian, Muslim,Hindu,etc. " God" , can neither be proven or disproven.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I've made my case!

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   

I've made my case!

And you lost.

Thanks for playing and don't forget to visit the gift shop on your way out where there is a special on science books and books about what facts are.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: s3cz0ne

originally posted by: TerryDon79

One thing you will always lose on (as a person of any religion) is trying to give an answer to an athiest or agnostic about proving god exists.

No religion can, or ever has, prove it.

It can't be done.

You have "faith" and that's enough proof? That's not proof. If it was then Santa Claus (not st Nick. I mean the fat dude in the red suit), the Easter bunny, unicorns and the boogie man would all exist.

Didn't you know the boogeyman does exist. It's name is Russia!!! Back on topic what the h*ll was the OP trying to say? "I believe so therefore it's reality"? I mean seriously is this a troll post or sarcasm? That had to be one of the WORST arguments I've ever seen for "God" and I even believe in some combination of universal consciousness/reincarnation/etc. etc. But COME ON! I think those of us who have studied the scientific method KNOW the notion of "God", let alone a Jewish,Christian, Muslim,Hindu,etc. " God" , can neither be proven or disproven.

Yeah. This statement pretty much sums it up.

"Here's my proof of god.....

*crickets*

See? Proof!"

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   

BTW I'm still waiting for the "Answers to Atheists".

I've not seen any answers.
I've seen speculation.
I've seen belief.
I've seen attacks.
I've seen nonesense.

Ive not seen any answers though.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

And you lost.

No, not by any measure. That's just wait and see.
edit on Rpm22716v26201600000009 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Ultimately, we are all dead men.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   

And you lost.

No, not by any measure. That's just wait and see.

How can you call any of this a non-loss? Where are the answers? All I see is more religious bs passed off as proof. "I believe therefore it is!"

Well I believe you're a troll.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   

I can't help your incoherence.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   

I can't help your incoherence.

I thought I was very coherent. Maybe you don't understand what answers actually are? They are the things that explain what is asked. The thing you have 100% failed to do.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   

You haven't even watched the vid. Total fail!

You get an

F

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42
a reply to: Prezbo369

Definition of faith: strong belief or trust in someone or something

Are you really going to attempt to say that this is what you meant when you posted:

I'm agnostic and view both Atheist and those that believe in a Creator as faithful people.

It's clear you meant the religious definition, the definition you conveniently left out, very dishonest....

A atheists has a strong [belief or trust** ] that a God doesn't exist , based on the lack of evidence to support that God Exist.

That's an incorrect definition, one usually spouted by theists or folk such as yourself that attempt to look down at both theists and atheists without realising that they must be one or the other.

In your case you're an atheist as you haven't accepted the claims made by theists....

I just find it comical when atheist look down on those that believe the opposite when both have no evidence or leg to stand on to fully know the answer.

Sheer projection here, and another sure sign that you don't know what youre talking about.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   

You haven't even watched the vid. Total fail!

You get an

F

So I'm supposed to watch a 1 hour video explaining the "incoherence of atheists" because you can do a simple thing like answer questions?

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   

How can you call it a win? Discussions are not competitions. He has his belief, you have yours. There is no "win" or "lose" when it comes to what someone believes....

A2D

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agree2Disagree

How can you call it a win? Discussions are not competitions. He has his belief, you have yours. There is no "win" or "lose" when it comes to what someone believes....

If both side actually presented opinions or beliefs exclusively, then you would be correct.

However, one side is making a definitive claim on what is happening and declaring there is no evidence to suggest otherwise, and the other side has shown how that initial claim in the OP is based off of a false premise, and that there in fact is evidence that backs the opposing side.

When you make a definitive claim as a 'matter of fact', then that notion can certainly be proved wrong.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agree2Disagree

A2D

Thank you, I knew if I refrained from saying that someone else would.
Well said indeed.
edit on Rpm22716v31201600000044 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join